Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
ovarian drilling
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ovarian drilling

Has anyone out there had Ovarian drilling? my doc is planning for me to ahve this done as i have been trying to have a baby for 3 years now i have had so many med to help me but nothing  has so this is the last thing for me to try out. so i just wanted to know if anyone has had it done ? and it has worked? can anyone help me i wud be very greatful if someone cfould help me ans i wud like to know what can happen and to know if it does work please help me i just to be a mum and i am trying everything and it not working. thankyou for  to read this thanks
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
522984_tn?1299512681
I have had ovarian drilling, and i got preggers that year, i also took clomid on top of that. I use to go with out af for 6mo but after ovarian drilling i would get af ever 31-33 days so that times clomid it worked.
Blank
211043_tn?1337054301
I'm so glad I saw this!  We had been trying for three years - two IVF's, two IUI's and 7 months on clomid.  The furthest I got was 3 days pregnant and then I'd lose it.  I had so many other uterus related issues on top of my PCOS, I was told I needed a hysterectomy.  Instead, I begged them to do ovarian drilling so I could give it one last shot.  I just didn't think I had anymore fertility treatments left in me, but I couldn't give up my uterus without one more try.  The first month after the surgery I ovulated on my own, but didn't get pregnant.  The second month I ovulated again, and we used a special lubricant called Preseed (don't know if that had anything to do with it - you can buy it online) and I am now 6 1/2 months pregnant with a perfectly healthy pregnancy!!!  I wish I had done the drilling first!  Whatever it did, I think my hormones were so screwed up before that I couldn't hang on to a pregnancy - this is what did it for me.  I will warn you though, without any meds I ovulated THREE TIMES!  At the second ultrasound there were THREE sacs!  But fortunately only one developed - the other two never made it past the gestational sac phase.

Best of luck to you!  Let me know if you have ANY questions!

I had a lot of scar tissue removed at the same time as the drilling, and I still think it was easier recovering from than IVF retrievals!  SOOO nice to only have to BD to ttc!!!
Blank
211043_tn?1337054301
P.S. - I'm assuming you have PCOS?  You should check out the forums on soulcysters.net - a lot of ladies have had drilling done there, and can offer a lot of support and info on other stuff too!  (don't get me wrong - I love this forum too!)
Blank
2059970_tn?1330771116
Hi Im new on here,
Never commented on anything like this before.

I Have PCOS, had Lap& Dye test & ovarian drilling 3 weeks ago now & was due a period on the 27th and it did not arrive. I had one day spotting just woundering if anyone eles has experianced this and is it normal would really appreciate some advice Thank You. NLRx
Blank
1017834_tn?1274836683
What is ovarian drilling?
Blank
2059970_tn?1330771116
Hi Ovarian Drilling is where your doctor dose a lap and also puts holes in your ovaries too. it is suposed to stimulate the ovaries. And help some ovulate.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank