Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
ovulation after ectopic pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

ovulation after ectopic pregnancy

I am 33,and had an ectopic pregnancy which resulted in removal of my right fallopion tube this April 2008. It was not done microscopically I Had  an 8" cut across my abdomen. I have been using ovulation kits to determin when Iam fertile, but as yet they do not show that Iam ovulating although I am having normal periods now.

Should I be ovulating normally yet? I always had a 28 day cycle pre this ectopic. I do not have any children yet.
So sorry to hear that you had to go through this!!!   I know it sometimes takes up to 3 months for your body to normalize after a surgery/miscarriage... Have you been to your dr for bloodwork? progesterone and beta ? to make sure the beta is back to 0?  Have you had your period yet?  I would say that if you haven't had a period since all of this, after getting your bloodwork checked you could ask for a 10 day course of progesterone to "jump start' your period.. many times that is needed to get things back on track!   good luck!
hi

I just had a ecotopic surgery via lacroscopic, my right tube was cut out completely, however the gyno advised me that my left tube is perfectly noraml and so are my ovaries and that after 3 months we can start to try for another baby, i just want to know if anyone out there has had the same experience as me. im back home now and am in slight discomfort from the surgery is this normal and how long does it take for your body to get back to normal as my stomach seems to be bloated, and my breasts seem to be larger than normal.

any advise will be much appreciated
i had an ectopic too this year and its only now that my stomach is back to normal after 6 weeks. The most awful experience ever my heart goes out to you. x
i had ectopic 11 yrs ago and i havent been able to conceive since. every time i go to my doctor, she tells me i am fine and not to worry. my husband and i have been trying for the last two years and nothing. im thinking of considering IVF. ANY SUGGESTIONS?