ovulation pain?
I am having alot of pain on my right side to the point where I can't walk w/o limping. I have heard that this is sometimes due to ovulation... last mth it was painful but it is really bad this mth.. has anyone experienced pain like this before? Its really bad, I think if it gets worse I may have to go to ER.. thats how bad the pain is right now hopefully it don't ... anyway just wondering what other experiences are out there  thanks for your reply!!!!
SSBD to all!!!
I had a hysterectomy a few years ago but before that...I could almost always tell when I was ovulating because I felt like someone was sticking a knife in my ovary.  I believe this can happen even more frequently in women who are on fertility drugs.

That being said, pain on the right side can be due to appendicitis and other things too.  If you have no other symptoms and it is time for you to be ovulating, then it could just be that.  If you are having fever, nausea, etc.  then you should get this checked to rule out any major issues.
are you on fertility meds?   either way, you should let your doctor know.   before i started ivf, my re asked if i get pain during ovulation... it doesn't sound right to get this much pain.
good luck (and i hope you feel better).
hay

Yea i use to get really bad sharp pain on my right side. So bad that i would cry in pain. I had a lap done and found nothing wrong only a 2cm blood clot floating around (DR said that this could cause the pain) but now im O and i got a little sharp pain. I just think sometimes woman can find it painful and others not so much. Good luck
yea I was on fertility meds, the same thing happen last mth to when I ovulated with the meds, I am better this morning it was just really bad yesterday... but its gone now, (hopefully) it was all very strange when I used to have my AF normal I never felt like this I guess all the meds we are taking just makes our bodies very sensitive and we feel everything!!
Thanks alot for your replies
SSBD to you all xxooxoxo
Hi honey,yeh it sounds like ovulation pain but it was probably made worse due to the meds.I get ovulation pain every month even when not on clomid but its more painful since ive been on it.The only way i can describe it is like a knitting needle being stabbed into my sides around both ovaries.At times i get a little doubled over as its too much to bear but it usually doesnt last that long.I get little spells a few days before i ovulate.Hope you are ok now honey SSBD xx
I knew I wasn't the only woman that experienced this feminine phenomenom!  For years I have been getting a sharp pain near the left or right side (near my ovaries) and after years of tracking it, it was finally about 5 years ago that I finally realized that it happened like clockwork smack-dab in the middle of my cycle!  EVERY single month, on the 13th (or 8 days after my period ends) my ovary pain begins and it never fails that when I check the calendar, I am about to hit the 14th day (the middle) of my 28-day cycle and I know that I am about to ovulate.  I learned years ago about the term "mettleshmertz" and was relieved to know that I wasn't crazy and that other's deal with this.  My ovulation time is VERY painful, like another post I read, it also causes me to limp and I can't do much of anything until the egg passes down out of the tube..  It's as if I can literally feel the egg slowing moving down and it hurts me the entire time it's taking its journey.  I can feel my ovulation time for about 48 hours.  I sympathize with my fellow ladies that have this occurrence because it can be extremely painful, as in my own case.  Thanks for this outlet and for sharing your experiences with us all.