pain after lap for endometriosis
Last Thursday (a week ago yesterday) I finally had my laparoscopy for possible endometriosis.  It was confirmed that I had it and they removed 2 adhesions behind my uterus and also some endometrial tissue attached to my ovaries.  She also said my uterus is enlarged and told me the name of something else I may have, but I was too woozy to remember - she said it could be a condition where the endometrial tissue grows within the muscle of the uterine walls, but it's apparently not called endometriosis and they needed to check the biopsy to confirm.  I will find out at my post op next Weds.  

My question is (which I'm currently waiting for my doc to call me back about but figured I'd try to get an answer here too) -  how long after the lap does the pain last?  I'm still obviously a little sore, which I would assume is normal, but I'm still getting cramps that come and go, some which shoot down my left leg like when I get my period, and even more concerning are these shooting pains that are always in the same spot on the lower left side.  I got my period 2 days after surgery, but I haven't bled in days and the regular cramps still come and go.  These shooting pains happen throughout the day, and seem to come in pulsating stages.  It's so bad that it will literally jolt my whole body, but they only last a second.  Then like clockwork, they happen about every 30 seconds or so and then they'll stop after a couple of minutes, and may come back every couple hours or so.  It doesn't seem to be related to my eating, which I initially thought may be the case.  This has been happening for days and I'm starting to get concerned but hoping it's totally normal.

Any thoughts?
After my lap I had shooting pain through my shoulder for days.  During the operation they pump gas into you so that they can see better.  Afterwards, the gas escapes through your shoulder or some other route.  It was very unpleasant and for me perhaps the most unpleasant part of the whole procedure.  Perhaps that is what you are experiencing?  The nurse told me to expect that so it's totally normal and will go away soon.  
I hope you are feeling better soon.
I experienced that as well, but this is nowhere near my shoulder, and the gas in my belly is almost gone.
Can you call the hospital and ask?  They did give me a phone number to follow up if anything unusual happened.  If the pain is really bad and unexplainable I would go to the ER.
So sorry you have to go through this!
Just spoke to the nurse at my OBGYN's office.  She didn't really have any answers for me, which was disappointing.  She said my doc may or may not get back to me, because their office is closed until next Weds.  I do have a follow up on Weds morning.  She told me to take the Darvocet if I need them (I was trying to save them for future periods because it doesn't sound like my doc will give me anymore) and plus the darvocet haven't seemed to help when it gets really bad.  She said if it gets unbearable before weds to go to the ER.  I've had 4 ovarian cyst ruptures in the past year or so (I also have PCOS and the clomid was giving me cysts), so I'm awfully sick of the ER, not to mention every time I go I pick something up and get sick, and have to pay a $75 copay - so I think I'll have to suck it up unless it gets REALLY bad
Had shoulder pain like Helen72 after my lap. It lasted for about a week. And the cramping may be gas. Sometimes, they all feel the same! Hard to tell! :-)

Hope you feel better...
Hi Amy.  I'm really sorry you dealing with such discomfort but it is good to hear this is getting taken care of.  I lap surgery twice.  The first time was to look for endo (which they didn't find) and to remove two fibroids.  The second time was to remove my ectopic pg.  The lap surgery the recovery took longer.  Maybe for a total of two weeks, I had to walk much slower and softer and I had to be careful which pants I wore or they would put pressure on the area.  For the most part it was okay, but then I would move a certain way and I would get a quick sharp kind of a pain.  I also remember having to use a flat sock to pad the waist of my pants.  

Hang in there and get better soon.