Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
period after HSG

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

period after HSG

Just wondering if anyone had a really heavy period the cycle of an HSG.  My tubes were  blocked (one completely)  I was having really odd twinges and twisting pain on the side of the completely blocked tube.   Any input would be great! Thanks to all in advance.  
Tags: tube
Hi my name is Kat. I just recently had an HSG as well and me period was slightly heavier than normal but I normally have fairly heavy periods anyway. I had a few twinges of pain in my abdomen off and on for a couple of weeks afterwards but has settled down again. from what I have heard from other women who have had HSG's it doesn't seem that uncommen for a heavier period or pain for a bit afterwards in different ways. Hope I have helped.
Kat
i have gone through HSG four months ago,,,and had severe pain,,,as that was my 10dpo,,i had bleeding,and the pain was really like crying,,this is common,,with blocked tubes ,,heavy periods is common,,and all the particles that have been obstructing,,will come out,my dr said while doing hsg itself,,,there may be some scaring on the side s of the tube,,that may clear some bubbles things on the walls,,,,u know after doing HSG upto 3 months,,i ahd severe pain, when doing internal scan,,i would come home and lay down,,my whole areas,,from hip has become so sensitive, that i cannot even tolerate with even muscular injections,,,so take care,,dont worry it is common,,,and there u got a way for ur little one,,be happy on that,,,,,,,,,,
Thanks so much for the input! Sara
Thank You for your help! My period is over so hopefully we'll have luck this month! Sara