Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
please give some success stories with MACA

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

this cycle i m taking maca. should i take whole month or just half of cycle not in tww? i take green tea too everyday. cd 10 and started dringking grapefruit juice. i ve been using pre-seed too.

I'm not sure how much help I can be but I'll share with you my experience with maca thus far. I have been taking a small dose only once a day for about a month and a half now. I Got pregnant the 1st month I used it but I MCed so don't know if I'm really a great success story.

Last month I only took it for half the month cause I wasn't sure if I should take it the whole month or not.  I did notice it helped with my energy... and I did get pregnant but again not sure if it was from the maca or luck.

This month I thought I'd try it the whole month and now I don't know what's going on.. I'm 5 days late for my period and not sure if it's because of the maca or an anovulatory cycle. I'm not sure I'll take it for the whole month again. I think next time I'd just do it until I ovulate.

With any new med or herb I'd start slow and see how your body adjusts so I would recommend taking the lowest dose first and if you like how you feel and your body is okay then adjust accordingly. I would also recommend taking extra folic acid with your green tea as green tea can prevent folic acid from being absorbed.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.