Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
post iui 2ww

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

post iui 2ww

Hello all. Wondering if it's normal to start cramping 5dp iui. I started treatment 3 months ago and just had our first iui 5 days ago. Throughout my treatment I was on Lupron injection, provera pills, 2wks of contraceptive pills (cysts formed), clomid, and hcg injection prior to iui. I wasn't given anything after the iui to take. Throughout this hormonal rollercoaster of 3 months and the iui procedure I have not had any side effects besides crying alot (I'm told I'm one of the few that don't really experience any symptoms). However, 4 days after my iui I started getting cramps and they aren't easing up. Anybody else experience this? Good sign? Bad sign? This 2ww is torture, it's consuming my every thought! Good luck to every one else out there!
Tags: IUI, 2WW, cramps
Hi Ailiela,
I'm on my second IUI and I had cramping all through my first IUI. That is completely normal. I would do your best (yeah right :)) to not read into anything because the hormone symptoms mimic pregnancy symptoms. I had so many "pregnancy symptoms" and went and read tons of forums to see if this was a good sign and really it gave me a false hope. My Doctor told me to stay off the internet and put your mind at ease. I'm doing much better this time around. I just am trying to tell my story for first timers who don't get so let down when there IUI is not successful.

Hope this helps!!!
Thanks for responding! I know what you mean about reading the internet and getting all sorts of false hope! I poas this morning ( I know, too early to tell) but the cramps haven't subsided at all, thought maybe it was the trigger causing the pain, but hpt was negative. I can't even seem to get excited about pregnancy, I'm just to the point now where I want the pain to go away and maybe sleep longer than 2hrs at a time. I know it's all worth it if I get my BFP but I'm not sure how many times I can go through this process. Since I was 18yrs old I've been taking Lupron injections to help w/endo pain and last year I had my left ovary removed. I'm only 28yrs old, we've been ttc for 2yrs, figured if we were ever going to get a good shot at this our time would be better now than later. The cramps got so bad over the weekend that I was throwing up and breaking out in sweats. But anyways, how is progress w/your 2nd iui? Are you getting cramps this time around? Sending baby dust your way! Here's to getting your BFP this time!  
I wanted to check in to see if you have tested again! I've been thinking about you and praying for babies!! YES, I know what you mean the process of getting pregnant is such an emotional roller coaster. I don't even want to test because I'm scared that it'll be negative. Remember that there are so many women going through this and we aren't alone. Let me know where you are!!

XOXO,
The Mrs.
Of course I tested this morning :) still BFN, but trying not to read too much in to it yet. DH says he can't afford my poas addiction...oh if he only knew! RE says to go to lab for blood test 14dpiui but I'm thinking of going this Saturday so I don't miss any work, one day ealry can't hurt, right? When is your day to test? Thanks for thinking of me, it's nice having someone to talk to who knows exactly what I'm going through. We haven't told many friends or family that we're doing this; it's hard not to feel alone. I'll be sending prayers your way too!!!