Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
preconception query?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

preconception query?

My husband(39 yrs) and I (34 years) wish to have a baby and we have decided now to give it a try.  Recently we went for our first preconception doctors appt. The doctor did an ultrasound to check if I had an egg in my uterus. This was the 20 th day of my menstrual cycle and said that there was no egg and that maybe there was a problem. She has further called me on the 1st day of my period after which every 2 days for an ultrasound to track the egg. Can you please tell me if there is a cause for concern as she said there was 'no egg' in my uterus as she said normally there is a big size egg in the uterus on the 20th day of the menstrual cycle. Thanks
Bump ..
You may have more luck in the Pregnancy 35+ forum,  this is really a forum to discuss pregnancy in very young women.

I'm curious why your first "preconception" check was so invasive.  If you're just now starting to try,  I would think a regular pelvic and papsmear would have been all that was offered.

Is there some reason,  based on your history,  why an ultra sound to check an egg was ordered?
30 yrs here. No youngin! I wondered the same? Why track so closely? Unless you have been trying for some time. I say relax!! Get prenatals started it really does help. Have fun trying and don't worry about an egg or not we don't produce an egg during every cycle anyway.
Thanks! I do agree with u....just need to have fun as you say. I havent been trying this would be our first month trying to get pregnant.
Good luck! It happens when you don't try! Baby number 3 for us and with each we sd let's see if it happens it does so for a reason. Well it did! I was off the pill for only a week when I ad I was. Test confirmed at 3 weeks missed period!
Wow!Congratulations! Thanks! I hope and pray we get lucky soon too!