Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
pregnacy and burnt tubes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

pregnacy and burnt tubes

How possible is it to get pregnant after you've had your tubes burned?
I got my tubes cut 3 months ago, I havent have sex since then, before I got tubes cut I was under birth control, now ever snce I got them cut I havent got my period at all, 3 months, is this possible,? Would my period stop for ever? will it come back? is this somehting to worried? can you give me a link if you know of any to look it up...Thanks I appreciate that. I'm 28 years old.
I had a tubal ligation in 1994.  I had a tubal pregnancy in 2002.  I did some research and found different percentage rates.  Some say 3 in 100 women will get pregnant after a tubal ligation. Most happen 7-10 years after the ligation. I've seen another site which said as high as 7 in 100.  My doctor told me that the procedures done before 1998 aren't reliable enough.

Courtney, have you had a pregnancy test?
Yes I took a pregnancy test, and a blood test. I'm not pregnant, My husband is in Iraq, so I wont be pregnant, and who knows if I will get pregant when he comes, since I just recently got operated pretty much. One thing I notice a lot is my stomach gets bloded but no period. Not that I really want my period to come back is that I'm a little concern weather is normal or not. I do have an appointment soon, an ultrasound to see if everything is alright, but till then I wonder.
is having your tubes burned the same as tubal ligation? are the results of pregnacy the same?I'm 28 also and had my tubes burned in 2001 do you think theres a chance i could get pregnant in those 7 years?
Hi Reemy, there are different procedures to tubal ligations. Burning is one. I assumed mine were burnt but till this day I'm not sure.  When I had it done I was under the impression that they were 'tied, cut and burnt.'  When I had the tubal pregnancy, my GYN showed me pics he had taken during the surgery.  He showed a metal round band that was on my tube, this is where the pregnancy got stuck.  Apparently there was a hole big enough for sperm to get through but not for an egg to pass.  He upgraded my other tube by using staples, which causes part of the tube to die and fall off.  I don't know if it was burnt or not.  I have heard as long as you have a uterus, there is always a chance of getting pregnant.  No one can really say but seeing you had your procedure after 1998, you're most likely better off than those before 1998.  From what I have read, the tube tries to heal and sometimes can form a channel in which can lead to pregnancy.  You can find more info on the web.
I know two people who have had their tubes done (not sure what procedure but have become pregnant in their mid forties)
My husband had a vasectomy and I had a baby 10 months ago So other than not having sex NOTHING is 100% reliable!!
I have now also had my tubes tied (not sure if their burnt)
And it best NOT happen again
BUt yes very possible!
to be operated,(tubes cut) Do you feel with less interested on sex? or More interested?
I had my tubes tied no 2001 and I totally regret it now.  I was wondering can I still get pregant.  The doctor said he burned my tubes but I only requested that he tie them and he burnt them any ways.  Can I get pregnant with out having them reversed or not what are my chances?
Your chances of getting pregnant is pretty slim, but it does happen.  I too got my tubes tied after my second child in 99 and have since regretted everyday of my life.  In order to get pregnant again, you must have your tubal reversed.  I checked out the cost of it and it is was not cheap, that is the only reason why I have not done so.
I had my tubes tied for 7 years and i thought i was pregnant but not sure and the doctor did a fetal heart beat with the heart monitor and heard the baby heart beat. The only thing my urine test is coming up negative but im also feeling baby movement.
I am 24 yrs old and got my tubes tied when i was 22. i was sure i wanted to do the  procedure when i did it but now i am regretting it.  i guess my question is could i be pregnant now.
i am 19 days late  and FEEL pregnant, buti took 5 test and all were negative.i have 3 other kid and i gues i feel that once u have so many kids a woman knows she is pregnant, so like i aid i FEEl pregnant. i also have all the symptoms. what do you think?
Hi My name is Gail I am the nother of two boys and I got my tubes tied in 1997 after all these 8 yrs is there still a chance I could get pregnant , Every month I worry like carzy waiting for my period my family thinks this is crazy for me to worry after all this time , but is it possible ?
I was reading Rose06320 post on 10/15 and girl you sound just like me. Let me know what is going on with you. I haven't been to the doc yet, and I too have take 3 test that have come back neg. My breast feel full and large and after having 3 kids already don't you just know when you are prego?
Em
Hello Ladies! Now don't let my nick name full you, But I had my tubes tied,burned and cut (at least what he told me)in Aug.05. I have had a peroid every month like clock work. I know that I will start anywhere from 3-5 days before the day the month before. Well last month I started on the 10th, ok so here I am getting ready for that stupid thing to start on the 5th. Well nothing, Here it is the 11th and still nothing. I don't ever miss a period unless I am preg. My youngest is 15 months she is my last of 4. I love kids and would have 100s if I could. But got to think about money and mind! lol. I went to the groc. store and this lady said i needed to have at least one more. I told her I would loved to.
I dread having my tubes tied for the main reason my period is so heavy now!!! But having kids, I would do that over and over and over again If God seen it fit for me to do so.
Guess Im seeing if anyone out there thinks there is a slight chance I could be preg.? I know it's not 100%, and I am very very easy to get preg. Mom calls me fertile mertil. If ya can send some thoughts my way. Would love to chat with some of ya about this.I wish each and everyone of you a great and happy life! Happy Holiday's!!!
I want one more child. I have 2 boys out of  wedlock at 21 and 26 now I am married to a wonderful man at  27 and we want one. i have my tubes tied 2 years ago and want another what is the percentage of that happening???
Hi I have had my tubes clamped they would not tie and burn six yrs ago. I feel really wierd now and have gained a little weight over the last month 5-6.I feel pressure in my lower abd. I had two irregular periods. what are my chances of being pregnant.is the tubal ligation still intact after 6yrs. What are my chances of concieving. Is it too early for a test.
My name is Bev and i was suppose to have my tubes cut,tied and burned in 1992. My insides were to messed up so the doctor said alls he could do was clamp them. It has been 13 years since they were done and i really want another child. Does anyone no what the chances would be of a miricle happening and i get pregnant? I would give anything to get pregnant again. Has anyone out there had this happen and got pregnant after their tubes were clamped, Please give me some hope. If not i need to find a way to afford to get my tubes unclamped.
HELLO EVERYONE,

I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN GET PREGNANT SINCE I HAD MY TUBES BURNED?  I'VE HAD A NORMAL PERIOD SINCE I WAS 10 YEARS OLD AND  I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT EVERY TIME I MISS MY PERIOD I END UP PREGNANT. PLEASE HELP ME?
can someone help me out ok i had my period on the 2nd of july an then i spoted for a day on the 28th of july an i was due to have my period on the 2nd of Aug an i havent 06 when i had my c-section can someone help me should i take a test or call the doctor
Well I go staples put in and it worked well after the first 5 years but then I met a younger guy and he got me pregnant on the first try. I talked to my doctor he told me they are over half as effective after 5 years has anyone else had this problem?
I to had my tubes cut tied and burned,,it was in 1992,,I would love to have a child with the man im with now ,,i got told i will never have anothere baby in my life time ,,I TRULY HOPE THIS IS NOT TRUE ,,maybe for all of us out there who had it done still have a hopes chance to have one more ,,if anyone knows anything about the chance we have please let me know ,,my daughter died in a car wreck almost a year ago and me haveing a baby would bring my heart back some joy,,thank u
Hello I am a 27 year old mother of four wonderful children! After my fourth child, my gorgeous baby girl, the one and only, I had gotten my tubals cut and burned, that was four years ago. Well at the end of March of 2007 I just had a feeling I was prego. I was late but only like a day or two late....however I took a test and sure enough I was pregnant! Of course I was furious...but I do have to say I was sad when I did miscarry...when I got my tubes done my doctor told me that I had a 2% chance of getting pregnant but I would have less than a 1% chance of having a live birth...meaning I would miscarry. And so several blood tests later I miscarried at 5-6 weeks pregnant. However they can not figure out how and egg got out of my tubes cause they looked very together. I just said it was God's way of telling me to slow down. We do know that it was in my uterus and not in my tubes like we all worried about! Anyway I hope this helps some of you...good luck!!
The cost of a tubal reversal is high but there are places with alternative. Well I have had my tubes tide for several years waiting for a reversal and this month I am a little curious that I normally have a five to six day cycle but this month is was a 2day cycle and I spotted on the 3rd day.. I really don't know what to think. And for the ladies that want to Have another baby after the fact GOD is in the miracle business you start making the stops for a reversal and watch and see if he does not step in. Right on time.It is a faith walk you know.
I am a mother of 3. I had my tubes tied in 2000. At the time I was going through my 2nd misscarriage. My husband talked my into getting it done. Ever since then, I have been in a very deep depression. It is all I think about (getting pregnant), and I hold alot against my husband for it. I pray every night that God would see fit to give me another child. my 9 year old little girl asks me all the time why I had my tubes tied, she says she knows she is expose to have another baby brother or sister. Does she know something I don't? I don't know what kind of tubel I had, but I hold out hope that I can find a way to get it reversed. Since I was 11, my preriods have been right on time, and never late and last the norm. 7 to 10 days. but for the last 5 months, they have only been light and last 2 or 3 days. Do you guys know what this means?   Please let me know.
i had my tubes burnt march 20 of 06 worst mistake ever is there any chance i can still get pregnant and actually pack the child?
it is possible to get pg again after having your tubes tied if there is a small hole in the tube, but i have heard that it is not possible if they were "burnt" something to do with where the uteras attches after conception has taken place and if they are burnt it would end up being an eptomincy pregnancy... yeah i know i cant spell.

my friend who had her tubes burnt had just asked her obgyn this today and this is what she told her.
I don't know about the small hole in the tube but I had my tubal done in 1996 and they tied,clipped, and burned  them and I am now 14wks 6days pregnant and still in shock to this miracle and it is so true what churchredanointing said about god stepping in and doing what he will b/c DH and I were talking about going to Mexico to have the reversal done also and then low and behold I had the 1day period and then voila!! preggers!                      

Good luck to all.
I have a ? I only have one tube and ovary left and my second child was born in 2001 and I also had my tube tied but I'm not sure if it was cut and burnt. I really want to have another baby in the worst way. what would be involved in getting a reversal? I dream about and think about it all the time. I would like to know so if I cannot have anymore I need to move on.

from jennfier
I'm a 33 yr old mother of 3 daughters. I had my tubes cut, tied, and burned in March 2002 which was 3 months after my last daughter was born. My thing is, my period is only a couple of days late yet I'm having all sorts of pregnancy symptoms: headaches, nausea AND vomiting, tender breasts, low back pain, dizziness, and urinary frequency. I thought that maybe I'm just a little stressed but I've been stressed before and never experienced this while being stressed.....only pregnancy.  After reading some of your posts I guess I realize that hey maybe you can get pregnant after having a tubal. I guess I'm just seeking someone else's opinion on my symptoms. My husband which is also the father of my 3 girls wants more kids. I'm blessed either way. Just want some insight on this.  Thanks for any replies.
They do sound like pregnancy symptoms. I know you are just a couple of days late but have you taken a test yet to see? I could just kick myself for getting the only tube I have tied. I really would like to have another child soon. My chances are pretty low I think. Good luck to you and your family.

jennfier
ummm according to the docters in my hometown, you can only have the reversal done if your tubes were not burnt but just tied.
CONGRATS, VERY HAPPY FOR U.  THERE ARE ALOT OF US OUT HERE REGRETING OUR DECISION AND I KNOW FOR ME READING THIS GIVES ME HOPE.  BE VERY THANKFUL FOR YOUR MIRICAL.  I HAD MY TUBLE 1/6/06 AND I CRY EVERYDAY ASKING MY SELF WHAT I WAS THINKING.  I THINK I WAS PUT HERE TO BE A MOTHER, ITS THE ONLY THING I'M GOOD AT.  I JUST FEEL LIKE I MESSED WITH FAITH.  ALL I CAN SAY IS PRAY AND HAVE FAITH.  I WILL PRAY FOR YOU.  GOOD LUCK.
I had my tubes tied and burned 1996,after my 3rd c-section, and at 24yrs old regretted it.  Had my last period 8/28/07 but instead of the usual 5-6days, it was only 2 1/2 days.  I had a strange pain on my left side down in the pelvic area, then after 4 days it went away, went to the doc and had an ultrasound said everything looks normal.  Now I have alot of pressure in the pelvic area, and urinating often, and feeling tired.  Any advice?
I get preasure in that area every month I don't know if it is because I'm ovulating or if it has to do with the fibroid I have.They found the fibroid in my last x-ray because I thought I had a kidney stone. I also had my tube tied but I only have one left do to having a large cyst on the other ovary. I regret it also. I really wish I could have another baby. My youngest is 6. Have you taken a pregnacy test just in case. Anything could happen nothing is fool proof. I hope everything is fine and good luck with everything.

Thanx for the advice.  No I've not taken a test yet because I think it's too early.  I'm not due for my monthly till like the 26th.  But today a new symptom, sore breasts.  I wonder if 35 is too young to start menopause?  I will pray that somehow that you will be able to have another baby.  You know the bible says, God knows our inner thoughts, the secret desires of our heart, and longs to bless us.  I know He sees yours and mine.  Let's hope for our miracle!  God Bless.
thankyou for those beautiful thoughts. I'm not really sure when menopause can start. I  had it breif when I had my first surgery the doctors put me on lupron and that gave me a taste of menopause I had all the symptoms. So I get to enjoy it twice in my life.Thanks again for your prayers and I will pray for you as well. Hope for you that these symptoms are from being pregnant and not your period. I'm do about that time as well around the 27th. I don't know about you but I dislike getting my period. It seems like the older I get the worse my cramps get. I think it is due to the fibroid.   Think good thoughts. Good luck with you

Jennifer
I just took a store brand pregnancy test. It's positive. I called and made an appointment with the clinic. I'm going in at 2pm to have another test and blood work done. My tubes were tied on June 2, 2003. I have read what some of you wrote. But how is this possible?
OH!  BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ON YOUR PREGNANCY. GOOD LUCK TO YOU. P.S MINE ARE TIDE TOO & HOPING FOR A MIRACLE.  WAITING BABY#5
can i get pregnant after having my tubes done for 11 years now (April 1997) 4 months after my only child i want  another one so bad  please tell me i can . i miss having babies i give any thing to carry a baby again tell me there  is hope
i am 36 yr old and want another baby so bad that i dream about it what are the chances of getting pregnant after 11 years  after getting my tubes ( cut and tied ) they said , they cut burned tied and clamp but not sure i to have been feeling nausea back pains really bad movement in my stomach bloated  my breast are swollen and tender  oh and the best part tired all day long cranky using the bath room ever 10 mins some times 30 if i am lucky but tell me what is going on all the test negitave  the doctors dont know either if i am i will be so happy  
I had my tubes tied  july 25 2003 one hour after i had my son.I had good reasoning at that time and now its been 5 yrs and im ready to have a baby. I dont know how they did it, but i know that they do not do it any more right after after a baby, they say its not effective. Has any one gotten pregnant have the surgery done right after having a baby?I havent been pregnant, but i hope i have another baby one day.
I had my tubes tide, cut & burnt 7yrs ago. I have my periods every month like clock work, but for the past 2 days I have been dizzy, nauseated and my breasts are sore. They usually get sore and huge when I get ready to start.  Should I take a pregnancy test just to make sure?
I had my tubes cut and burnt in 2003 two years later in 2005 I had an eptopic pregnancy. My question is now that I had the eptopic does that mean that I am fully functional again or was it a fluck?
Just letting you all know, I also had my tubes tied burnt and clipped in 2000. I had the procedure done after my child was 3 months old. I just found out that I too am pregnant, from some blood work that had to be done, what a surprise. I will find out on Tuesday if it is a normal or abnormal pregnancy. I have mix feelings about the whole thing. I surely did not want any more children, especially now since my baby is 7 years old, and the expence of a new child, but part of me is hoping that everything is normal. I was just wondering if it is really possible to have a normal pregnancy after all these years. It is just very hard sitting around waiting for results. Reading all the posts, I now know I am not the only one out there
Has anyone ever gotten pregnant after having there tubes tied, burnt and clipped after 13 yrs?  I would really like to have another baby , but not sure if that can happen without having a tubal reversal.....
has anyone gotten prego after having a tubal ligation using the hulka clip method? I had this done in Oct. of 1997. i really want to have another baby.  i was due for my period on 10/6/07 and nothing. i did take a test today and it was negative )=
I got my tubes cut, tied and burnt in 2002 after having my 3rd daughter and c-section. I have been feeling all the symptoms of being pregnant for a few weeks now. I went to the doctor last week and had tests done but they came back negative, i have been and had them again today as i still feel pregnant and figured that it may have been to early to tell. Well the results are in and i am pregnant but the DR says just barely. He also told me that i am more than likely going to miss carriage than go full term and have a healthy baby, so i guess my question is does anyone know that what i have been told is true or false? To those that are pregnant congrats and good luck to those wanting to be good luck also. =)
i too have had a tubal ligation. just not sure how they did it .i hade it back in 2004 about 15 hours after my son was born and my periods were regular until .in july i spotted and in august i spotted i thought i was starting my period so i used a tampon but i had to remove it because i was not heavy enough .since then no period. i took a hpt a month ago it was negative after 3 mins but when i went to go throw it away sometime later it was a positive reading so about 2 weeks later i took  a more exspensive one ,one of those digital ones it was negative .i have had some syntoms but not sure if they are prego signs or something else but lets see what ya'll think. i get nauseated suddenly like really bad but i do not bf . constipation ,gas ,acid reflux cramping ,back cramping, mood swings like ive never had . very emotional head aches dizziness i feel like im falling apart. some of these things ive had for awhile but the others are new. the gas constipation acid reflux are kinda regulars. tell me what ya'll think  i want another baby so bad i really want it to be but afraid i am fooling my self  i was 22 when i had the  tubal i am now 24 and remarried it was a huge mistake but i am praying for a mircale i am putting things in gods hands i cant afford the reversal.
hello ladys
I am a mother of four kids i had my tubes cut and burnt after the last one which was 2 years ago. since I had her i got my period like clock work. me and my oldest get it at the same time. she been off her for14 days now as of today me nothing. i would love to have another baby i love kids. i only cut my tubes becuase the doctor said it would be best cause I have had 3 c-sections. and I am very aemina. i think that how it spell. I've be reading all your story i hope evey the best and just have one question ? can you bring the baby to term if you have this done to your tubes ? I really would like to know even be for I go check to see if I'm pregnant
Hello everyone!  Just wanted to let you all know I did get my period today.  So... no baby ) =

to all ladys out there that have had theretubes cut and burned and now pregnant is it true and possible just let me no your story
i was jus wondering if i should buy another test. i had my tubes done in june of 02. they were suppose to be burned, not sure.  i have all of the preg symptoms for the last month.  i took a dollar store test, it was neg bout 2 wks ago.  got a 3 day period very different from the norm.  i went thru the same thing earlier this spring but neg then. i went to doc then and told her how i was feeling and she smiled and looked very surprised and said REALLY!!!!!  not the it can't be cuz i did the surgery. anyways i've gained about 5-8 lbs in the last month and jus feel like i might be.  should i test or jus throw the idea out of my mind?
I am 23 almost 24 and my last child just turned 2 in Nov. I had my tubes cut burnt and the are seperated , but I haven't had my period since oct. and in oct. I had 2. So here it is begining of Dec. and still no period. Am I at risk for ne kinda of pregnancy? I would love to have another baby, but I am scared that even if I was it would be a tubal pregnancy and Not be able to have the baby. I plan on gett a reversal when I can afford. I just wondering if there is any risk for me? I have been trying to research this stuff but never find ne of the answers, can you get pregnant if your tubes are cut and burnt and apart? if so can it be a normal pregnancy?
Hi my name is Michelle, and I had my tubes tied 8 years ago this 10th of this month because the guy I was married to said no more kids, and he didnt work, so it was hard to raise 2 kids with no income, but i done it. and now i am remarried to a great guy, who doesnt have any kids of his own, and we want one together. I have been told that my tubes have only been banded, and when we get our taxes back, we are going to try to have it reversed, we have found a doctor here that does the procedure for 3,000.00 and then you make monthly payments to the hospital. I hope and pray that we can have at least one baby, and anyone who would be interested in this dr, then just let me know i am going to leave my email address here. and i can tell u when u email me where i am located at. Good luck everyone, and I pray that God will bless all of us who want to have babies...
***@****, look forward to hearing from some of you...Happy Holidays!!
respose to last message, sorry everyone, it wouldnt let me leave my e-mail address, but its the same name i use on here at one of the HOT est places to recieve MAIL.
Hi my name is jewellz i have 4 beautiful kids and about 4mnths after having my last child i got my cords clamped with metal clips i was only 22yrz at the time and decided it was best seemz i had my first at 16 then 18 21 and then 22 and my first was thru the pill and i had been on the jab and i just kept getting preggy i also got the tubal done because my first son was 26wkz and he is fine but i had 2 more premmy babies and i didnt want to see anymore go thru needles and hospitals and i cant carry properly and nearly died with my last two kids and so the doctors were happy that i got done and now its the 27th of Dec 07 and im just hoping that maybe i will become one of the miricles that has happened in here and i might conceive CONGRATS to all the women who have conceived and heapza love and good lucks to the women who are still trying to fall like me thank you for listening to me ramble on much luff
I was forced into having a tubal ligation with silicone bands when I was 21 by my now x-husband.  I am now 35 and desperately want to have a child with my new husband of three years.  Has anyone had any luck without a reversal?  I am praying every day that I will be able to have just 1 more healthy baby.
I HAD MY TUBLE LIGATION 10 YEARS AGO AND BADLY WANT ANOTHER CHILD. EVERY MONTH RIGHT BEFORE, AND RIGHT AFTER MY PERIOD, I FEEL PREGNANT. I ALWAYS END UP GETTING MY PERIOD, BUT I KEEP IN MIND, IF GOD WANTS ME TO HAVE ANOTHER CHILD, HE'LL BLESS ME WITH ONE, AFTER ALL.... I WAS ONLY 18 WHEN I GOT MY TUBES TIED, AND NOW I'M 29 :(  good luck to all and GOD BLESS!!!!!!
I had my tubes cut and burn in 1993 and in 1/23/07 i had my tubes connected again. its been 1yr and we are still trying to get pregnant. i did some study and after 1yr you should have a higher chance for getting pregnant. i was told by Dr that it will take some time cause my tubes were short but i still have both of my tubes and thay are healthy. has any one know of any body getting pregnant after having short tubes.  

yes you could get pregnant after having tubes cut and burn. its depends on age and how long ur tubes are so that could be connected and if thay are healthy.
here is my email ***@****. we should try to help one another it helps to speek to some that has the same hope as you. I pray every day for my baby. i love my  baby so much and im not even pregnant but when it happens the whole world will now about my little angle that god gave me. he hear all prayers dont think that he is not listening. DONT FORGET THE PRINCIPLE. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A SEED.
i had my tubes cut and burnt and you could still have a baby. i had them connected and we are trying. if you have good size tube lift and ur tubes are healthy and u are not over 40. you could still become pg. if you do ur study you know that its still possible there are so much technology out in world that these days any thing is possible. so all you ladys out there keep your faith in god and god bless.
My husband I have a blended family and don't have any children together. I had my tubes tied, cut, and burnt in 1998. I have had irregular periods every since. I've gone 2 or 3 months with one and I have never thought for once that I was pregnant nor did I really want to be. Last month I didn't get my period which wasn't surprising, but I had an overwhelming feeling that I wanted a child and that I was pregnant. I spotted for about 3 days last month and I constantly feeling nauseous. I took a preg test and it was negative, but I feel like God wants to bless my husband and I with a child. I'm holding on to my faith and I'm confessing that I am with child. I'm not going to have a reversal because God Can and God Will. God Bless!
Hello Ladies I was wondering the same thing I had my tubes tide/cute and burnt also, and 2002 I had all that reversed and its now 2008 and nothing has come about it.  The doctor say I have only one tub thats working properly and the other one needs flushing out.  My husband and I really wants a baby, what should I do about it.
check out this link.  Shows all the diff kinds of ways to do tubal s and ways to reverse them and the %'s of getting prego afterwards

http://www.tubal-reversal.net/tubal_ligation_fallopian_tube.htm
you will have to copy / paste it into your address bar.
Sorry to post so many in a row.  I added the link to my journal in case they delete from this post
I Am 23 almost 24 and i am 14 days late home test negative mild cramping and the obgyn cant see me until next week i am worried i had my tubes burnt on november 17,2006 is there any chance it could be a tubal pregnancy
hi im a mother of 5kids and i had my tubes cut? can i get pregnant as i have 4 girls and one boy . i had my tubes cut 19 months ago please help
i had my tubs tied in 2001, now i meet a man that i really love and he love my 2 kids like they where his on ,he has1 but we both want one by each other so bad. i had so many cramps, bloding,nasua,having 2 go to the restroom all night ,movements in my stomach, in i do fill pregant all the time but after all it do stop ,my period is always late , i will spot,but still not pregant.he is away in iraq.hopfully when he come home we can consive a child together i would love to have his child i know that god will make miricles to happen its been 8 years but i will keep faith  that when he come home we will have our child [ god is our answer]
I am 49 years old and the mother of 3 beautiful daughters. I do not want another child. I had my tubes cut, tied and burned in 1997. I am experiencing hot flashes, I guess menopausal symptoms. Earlier in the year I had three months with no period, then it came, and I haven't had one since (about 3-4 months). I've never had any pregnancy symptoms with my other children, nor do I have any now. But, I can't help but worry that I might be pregnent. Sometimes i feel pressure on the left side of my lower abdoman. The other day I felt spasms like those of a moving baby. Could this be pregnancy or juast menopause? Help
i have 4 beautiful children and had my tubes tied and burnt in may of 2007 but i regret it so much i was married then and thought it was the best thing to do beings i was so young and already having 4 kids but now i want another one. i have been divorced for a little over a year but found the man im in love with i know he is the one for me and we want to have a child together but no luck yet.is there a way i can get pregnant without having a reversal they are much to expensive for us and we just dont know what to do.i pray to god that he can make this happen for us.can anyone help please.
HI,
I have had my tubes burned since 2004.  It was a big mistake.  i did it because my husband didn't want anymore children and I already had 3 at 26 approx.  3 days after i deliverd my son I found out that he was committing adultry and that he wanted to spend his life with her.  I was angry and shocked.  I have now moved on and is getting married to a wonderful man, who ha no kids.  We want to have a child.  The last time I had my period was Feb 31st, 2009 for 5 days, it is now April 06, 2009 and I have not seen my period.  I am feeling nausious, tired, sick like I want to throw up, gasy, hungry all the timeand I am very bloated.  I feel pregnant.

I have not gone to the doctor becaus eI am afraid that he would tell me that I am not pregnant.  My fiance isso happy, I don't want to take that away from him.  Could I be a prego?  
hey ladies  just to let u know i  had my  tubes ties in  2004 after the  birth of  my son   and the  failing of my realtionship with my   his dad (  we had two kids together) well i met my  current  husband   and  he knew that i  couldnt have anymore kids an d that  if we wanted to  have others we  would have to try  other methods like having my surgery  reversed or invtiro . Well while planning our  wedding i  started to not feel like myself thinking that i was  just getting  sick he noticed that  i was  afew days late for my period and mentioned it to me as a joke  What is u are  preggo? WE laughed it off and thought nothing of it cause that would make things harder for us at the time. WEll working inthe medical  lab  feild i  decided to  run some  blood work  cause i still wasnt  feeling like myself. WEll   I  ordered the test and  hit the test that defualts and runs everything on the the machine ( one of which is  HCG) well not thinking i  pick up  my  results and almost hit the the  floor. My HCG was postive at 3362 i will never  forget that  number. I  call ed my doc in a panic they had me come right it wanted to make sure the  pregnancy was in the right  spot and sure enough there she was  heartbeat and all. I  didnt  even tell my  hubby  until i got  home with the u/s pic. he  passed out lol  and said  will guess i have  super sperm lol
well  I  delivered my  newest  baby  girl  on  02/11/09 so  i think  if things are ment to happen they will they did for me  best of luck to u ladies
i am 24 going on 25 i had my tubes cut,tied,and burnt after my twin boys were born in 2006 and i am producing breast milk can i still get pregnant?
Why would i produce breast milk?
ok so i have 2 beautiful girl 13 and 14 ,now remarried and tubal ligation have had 3 misscaries and now my doc put me on prochieve and prometrium so i dont know if i can get prego again and carry full term i am hoping for a miracle from my good lord above.my husband has o kids and i really want to have one with him .so may god bless us all also last pregnancy could have been prevented from miss carrie my hcg was almost 600 but the er doc didny seem to care.i was so depressed ,but i feel that god will help us all.so god bless.
hi how are you ladies? I had my tubes tied and burned two years ago at age 25 in 2007 i had my last perod in october and november is over and i have no signs of a period yet i always get it around the 21st of each month can i be pregnant? i have 4 boys and i would love to have another baby, i pray to God that i will someday even if its not now what are my chances???
Today is Dec. 5th. I should have had my period on November 20th. I got my tubes tied in 2006. I have three beautiful boys and deeply want to have another baby. Like many of you, I was pressured into it by family, my mom mostly and I have regretted the decision almost immedeiatley after having it done. I have not taken a test yet, but plan to do so this week. I will pray for all of you ladies who wish to have another child, as I hope that you will pray for me too! God Bless and good luck!
I would like to know just like you guys, How soon after a tubal can I get pregnant? My husband wants 1 more, I had my tubes tied in 1999, it's been 10 yrs so when. I have been trying but I keep coming up with nothing. (LOL)! Could some one shed some light on this situation please. Oh and by the way I am a mother of 3 already. 18,17, and 10.

signed,
Desperately
i had my tubes burned in  2006 and so badly need them untied but can afford it if you can give me information on a cheaper doctor It will help please cuz my child pass away in 2006 of July in shortly after that I got them tied because my husband was abusive, so he made me get them tied cause (he use words like you know you don"t want another child cause it might dies like the other one) so I did it . And know I got some one that is so wonderful and he want to have a baby by me but my tubes tied and I cry every day cause I so badly want a child by hem. My ex-husband saiy know that he glad that he mad me get them tied cause know you cant have a another child by any one and I can, how do that make you fell that what he say to me. know its hurt cause i know I cant get prago, n it makes me feel less of a woman like it took my woman hood please some one help me.
Hello ladies!

After reading every ones desprate attempt to get pregnant after a TL, this is one true story to leave you in awe. I had a TL after the birth of my 4th son in April 2007. I was unsure of the type of tubal, all I know is that I DID NOT want anymore children. I am 28 y/o and I just started my career as a paralegal, and I was at a point in my life that I knew I didnt want anymore children. Well I started dating this guy who had no children, but was unaware that I could not have anymore children, and I did not want to tell him because I thought it wasnt none of his business and just in case I needed a big come up on money I would tell him I was pregnant.+ I didnt think the relationship would go as far as it did anyways. I figured he wasnt my type anyways. I know ladies...NOT SO NICE.

Well, I finally decided I needed that BIG COME UP ( $ ) so i told him I was"P". I thought he was going to tell me to abort the baby, but my BIG PLAN blew up in my face. He actually wanted the baby:-o, and on top of that, he told his entire family. Everyone was so happy being so this was supposed to be his 1st child. Ladies, this man became everything I wanted in a man. He was like a dream come true. Everything you could wish a man to be, he was and more. After the big announcement to the world, he became so attached. He started rubbing on my belly, rubbing my feet, wouldnt allow me to do much of nothing for myself. I couldnt even bend over to tie my shoe without him doing it for me. I began to feel real bad about what I had done, but deep down inside I knew that even if I could have a baby, i wouldnt want it. Besides, I had just started my career for christ sakes!!!! and I wasnt mentally ready to start over. Well I guess GOD had other plans for me. He tought me a big lesson. This is story marks a true saying in the statement "There is power in the tounge".

My last period i told him was 10/25/09. Which it really was. I was trying to figure out a way to tell him I lost the baby. So I decided to wait until Nov. when my period came to tell him I miscarried, but he was so happy, and I didnt want to take the joy he had or break his heart, and to make matters even worst, he asked me to marry him. I really started to feel bad, and knew if I had told him the truth he would be devistated and probably wouldnt want to talk to me again. So I pushed it off for another month, and said I would tell him at the end of Dec.

Well ladies, I began to feel a little diffrent the entire month of Dec. I started urinating a lot, getting cravings, I picked up 2-3 lbs, uncontrollable sleep moments etc. the whole "pregnancy syndrome" ordeal. So I decided to take a PT and it was neg. I knew God had loved me so much, that he would do that to me so i brushed it off. Well my period became due and I got 1 day of light bleeding and that ws it. Nothing! Nada! Zip!   WELL I DECIDED TO TAKE A 2ND PT WHICH WAS (+) AND A BLOOD TEST CONFIRMED THE PREGNANCY. AT THE DR. APPT TODAY I FOUND OUT THAT NOT ONLY AM I 9 WEEKS PREGNANT, BUT I AM 9 WEEKS PREGNANT WITH FATERNAL TWINS, AND THEY ARE IN MY UTERUS WITH A STRONG HEART BEAT!!!!!! I HAD A LATERAL TUBAL BOTH SIDES TIED/CLIPPED/BURNED LIED, DIED, AND LAID TO THE SIDE, BUT GOD SAID OTHER WISE. SO NOT ONLY DID I GET PREGNANT, I GOT 2 MIRACLES, LESS THAN 3 YRS AFTER TUBAL, AND NO EPTOPIC PREGNANCIES!! DUE DATE IS JUNE 29TH. WEDDING IS APRIL 14, 2010. Sorry to be so long winded, but this story needed to be told...to give hope to those who need it. NOW WE WILL HAVE A FAMILY OF 6...WOW THAT'S A BIG NUMBER, AND JUST TO THINK IT ALL STARTED AS A PRANK. I GUESS I HAVE TO PUT THAT CAREER ON HOLD AFTER ALL!
WOW, Your story is like something out of a movie - Amazing, Shocking, Surreal. And I'm glad a good-guy like yours got what he deserved/s ... a baby of his own. You are blessed !!! Congrats !!!
I GOT MY TUBES CUT AND TIED ON 1-29-05 THE DAY I HAD MY 2ND SON.I THOUGHT IT IS WHAT I WANTED 2 PLEASE MY NOW X-HUSBAND BUT NOW I AM WITH A WONDERFUL MAN WHO LOVES AND CARES 4 MY 2 BOYS.I WAS ONLY 21 WHEN I GOT THEM DONE NOW I PRAY EVERY SINGLE DAY THAT WE WILL HAVE A BABY TOGETHER AND HE WANTS A BABY JUST AS BAD.I ONLY SPOTTED 4 A FEW DAYS SO IS THERE THAT CHANCE OF GETTING PREGNANT? PLEASE LET US KNOW.
6 yrs ago  i had my tubes tied and now the lower part of my stomach hurts and it's hard .my back also has been hurting and have clear liquid coming out my breast.
yes you can still get pregnant. i had my tubes tied after my last baby, and just a few months later i woke up with severe pain in my stomach and was rushed to the emergency room by ambulance to find out that i was 8 to 9 weeks pregnant and the baby was in my fallopian tube which was attached to my ovary. and my stomach had been feeling up with blood for the past few days and i then had to be rushed into surgery where they had to remove the baby along with my left fallopian tube and ovary. i also had to have a blood transfusion cuz i lost over half the blood in my body. the doctor said that if i would have waited any longer i more than likely would have died. so be careful.
I had my tubes cut tied and burned in 2001 my periods have been like clock work and always have been except when pregnant now iam almost 2 months late the home tests come back negative but i have pregnancy symptoms like nausia in the morning tired all the time my lower back hurts and my breasts are sensitive and getting dizzy spells not sure what to think about it I do have a appt monday with the gyn to see whats going on I am 31 so i don't think its menopause
After reading all these comments, it makes me sad to realize so many woman are persuaded into a tubal ligation. i myself did not want one but did it to please my mother and husband. the docs should really give counseling before making such a drastic decision, maybe then there wouldn't be so many disappointed women.
Just had a friend call and tell me that she is 5 months pregnant and in total SHOCK, because after her last child which was 4 yrs ago, she signed forms to have a tubes burnt, tied, and clipped. The doctor was in shock he was certain that he performed that procedure perfectly, and he showed her the forms that she'd signed four years ago. Through our lord and Savior anything is possible!
i had my tube tied cut and burned 17 years ago last cycle was in march took a pt test neg i dont know what im feeling its been so long im afraid to go to the doctors because im afraid of the truth im not pregnant i want a baby so bad some advice please
Is it painful to get tubes tied, cut, or burnt? What are the procedures and side effects?
well I wish I could have another baby. I got mine tied, cut, and burnt over 9 years ago. It was the biggest mistake that I have ever made. I regret it every day. I  want a baby so bad, I have cried so much and prayed for God to do his work and please allow me this blessing. I have been late several times, but instead of a baby, a late cycle came. It depresses me so much. I have been researching tubal reversal and in vitro fertilization.
i kno its 3 years l8r nd i wuz reading ur post. i wuz wondering did u ever get pregnant nd i would like more info is so. out of everything i read your post stood out the most to me. please and thank you
Your message gives me such HOPE!!!!!! I became pregnant twice before the age of 21 and as statistics would have it...SINGLE too. Caring for 2 kids so young was traumatic for me, so when I was 21 I had my tubes tied and burned. At 31 I cry daily about what I have done to my body. I became pregnant this spring and I was elated!!!!! The doctors assured me I was a miracle, but sadly enough it was etopic. I dream of babies nearly every nite and I jsut new that the baby I loss was a girl. I'm still praying that God will forgive me for what i have done to my body and bless my husband and I with at least one - three children. I'd give anything to have found this site or someone who cared enough to tell me that there would be light at the end of my tunnel back then.  
Any thing is possible threw the eye  of our god only him controls our life he is all migth  I to want  a baby and I know that my god will bless me one day just have to wordship him cuz he is pure and migth amen
I had my tubes tied in Dec of 2000! My BABY will be 11 this month and I am having symptoms like nausea, peeing all the time, eating more, and no period since October! I want another baby, and pray that I am! I have heard numerous stories but everytime I become pregnant my symptoms vary! I took a home test and it was negative! Is it true if ur tubes are tied the test will come out negative both blood and urine?
My tubes were tied in Oct 2000 right after I had twins by c-section. The Dr told me I would never have another baby, at that time it was fine by me. I lost my only son in March 01 of crib sids.  I regret getting tied and wish and pray to our God above everyday he will bless me to be able to have another baby. Its been 10 years so I'm not sure it will ever happen but I beg and pray it will. Good luck to all of u and God bless I will be praying for all of us..
hey i was just wondering how everything went your story really captured my heart i know it has been a few year but hear is my email ***@**** please contact me a concern person my name is tracy nice to meet you
I am 41 years old. I have a twenty two year old daughter. I got pregnant when I was 17 years and gave birth soon after my 18th birthday. I was young, sheltered and naive to what SEX was. My parents were VERY RELIGIOUS and Strict and when I came forth with the big news about my pregnancy it was horrible. I was told that I shamed the family, kicked out and told not to come back. I went from friends houses to sleeping in parks to living in a heroin house. I would take care of the children while the mother would get high for days and in exchange I could sleep , shower and eat . Days would go by without eating or showering . I would take care of the children but the mother would end up spending all her money on drugs leaving the children without food , electricity and water.  There would be days without food or water. This was not good for me and I found myself begging my parents to take me back. My Mother agreed to meet with me and explain the details of what I needed to do in order to return home.
Making a long story short , My mother made an appointment for surgery in order to get my tubes burnt and cut , which I found out later in life.  I was told this would be the only way and my punishment for becoming pregnant. Remembering back at that age, I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING. I WAS INSTRUCTED NOT TO LISTEN TO THE NURSE AS SHE ASKED QUESTIONS. NOT TO LISTEN TO THE VIDEOS THEY WOULD SHOW ME AND MAKE SURE I INSISTED I WANTED THE SURGERY DONE. My mother prepared me well and the surgery was done. I was 18 years old with one child and at that time I had no idea what I did but only cared that i was home. As I became older and learned about life and relationships and really the depth of what was done I became suicidal and depressed. I had been through relationships that became serious but never seemed to work out after they would find out I could no longer have kids. I cried myself to sleep for many years. At 29, I met my current husband and now its been 12 years and I desperately want to be pregnant . I am just so scared to find out that I couldn't do a tubal reversal. I did check into what type of tubal ligation was done after 10 years and was told it was cauterization and cut. Just wondering if anyone would know much about the chances of tubal reveral and especially my age. Thank you.
God has already forgiven you from the moment you asked Him. Don't beat yourself up and have faith He will give you the baby you desire. I read a story about a women who had 4 successful pregnancies after a tubal. A lady from MH told me about her website and book. I have to find it and post it. Be blessed and you all are in my prayers.
This is for all women who think they cannot conceive naturally because of infertility. This post I'm writing is a correction and addition to my previous post. The woman I was talking about didn't have her tubes tied (sorry); but her husband was diagnosed as infertile. See her story on this website: http://www.newlifeministries.org.au/. Her name is Nerida Walker. She has written a book called "God's plan for Pregnancy". Other websites are: http://www.neridawalker.com/about/about.html; http://www.godsplanforpregnancy.com/; http://www.hannahsvictory.com/. I plan on getting her book. I totally believe God. God told me months ago I could have been pregnant, but I did not have any faith. He CANNOT do anything with us if we don't have faith. If you don't have any faith, ask Him to give it to you or increase it. He did it for me. I now have faith and my daughter will be here in 2013. He does not have any favorites, so what He did for her, He can do for us. Stay encouraged. Most importantly, have total faith in God. He tells us in His Bible, there is NOTHING too hard for Him.
That was a sad story, I am sorry for you to. I will pray for you and hope the best for you. I hope GOD hears you and bless you with a healthy child. I have three babies. Two boys, one girl. I had my tubes clamped 3 on one tube and 3 on the other tube. A total of 6. Back in june of 2007. I so regret my decision. My ex  and his mother at the time talked  me into it. My mom did not want it done. But thinking i had 3 kids already so young. I should listen to him. We was together for 10 years. I found out he did not love me back, cheated and mistreated me badly for a long time. He also had a child by another woman soon after i left. It was the same woman he cheated on me with. They are now married. I wish them best of luck. I do hope they make it. Well 3 years after i found the love of my life. He is so great to me and my kids. He also has 3 kids  of his own, They live with there mother. We been together for a year and now is married :). I did not know what love was untill i met him. He treats me great and I love him so much. We dance under the stars and stare at each other for long periods of times. Alot of you know what,, How lucky am I. I often wonder what our child would look like if we could have one. Have a chance to have one more to complete our big family. To feel love this time from a man who would care and make sure me and the baby be fine. To have help from a man who would help me this time. His family treats me and my kids Great. like we belong. I have never felt that accepted by people who would love you no matter what. I hate myself sometimes because of what i did to my body. I tell GOD all the time that im sorry for tieing my tubes. This my first time saying i want a child by this man.I have thought about it for a long time and gave him hints. he also gave me hints about haveing a baby with me. But we both know it can't happen. I really do want one badly by him. I hope GOD hears all of ya'lls wishes and wants.. I Sprinkle baby dust on everyone :)
I just read your story and wanted to know how the pregnacy went.  I had my tubes cut and burned 15yrs ago. in November 2011 the dr said I'm pre menopausal so when I miss a cycle I don't normally worry. But for the last two weeks I cant fry ground beef without feeling sick and for me thats not normal. I've been craving strange things the latest was sour gummy worms and powder donuts. Even at 41 another child would be welcome with open arms but I have to wonder if it's not wishful thinking on my part. My husband and I have only been married for two years and he never had a child. I watch him with mine and know he would be a wonderful father. I am to old to have the TL reversed so I really do pray everyday to have the good lord see fit to make things happen. My advice to ladies is DONT get a TL If I had kown my marriage wouldn't have lasted if I had known I would find this wonderful man i wouldn't have gotten a TL I would have used another formof bc
My name is Jennifer I am 29 yrs old and I have 2 daughters. After my 2nd daughter I got my tubes tied because my marriage was failing and I didn't want to have more then one father to my children. I got my tubes tied in November of 2006 and I am now engaged to be married to a wonderful man and I would love to have a baby with him. I know when I had my tubes tied that the picture the showed me my tubes were only burnt 3 places on each side, not cut or tied. What I am wondering does anyone think it is possible to become pregnant now that it's been almost 6 years and I didn't actually have them burnt? I don't have the money to go out and spend thousands on a reversal and I'm not sure I would want them reversed because I only want one more child. I looked into invetro and it is very costly with no guarantee that is will work. Do you think taking fertility drugs can up someone chances? I am just wondering what I can do that isn't going to cost me a arm and a leg up front???? Please any help or advice!
i had my tubes tied cut and burned in yr of 96 i am 44 yrs. old and pregnant with twins. i am now 12 wks.everything is fine.so there is hope for you all.don't give up keep trying.god bless you all!
Did you have a reversal or did you just get pregnant? I didn't have my tubes cut or tied they just done what they call a Bipolar tubal coagulation, which is where they use electrical forceps to burn 3 spots on each tube. They never actually cut anything. I want a baby so bad and so does my fiance! :(
I have my period every month and this month im I already been 2 weeks late and I have stomach cramps and I hade my tubes tied and burned and I took a home pregncey test it came out negative do u think the test can be wrong
no i never had a reversal. just got lucky i guess!!!
the only way that you can get a accurate pregnancy after having your tubes tied is by blood test. a reg. home preg. test will not show a positive sign. hoope this helps!!!
I av a puerto rican girl friend she av 3. Lovely kids but I would love 4 her to have a baby for me she tied , cut and burn her tube and I would love to kno if I could bypass that :(
You are right and tears are going down my face.  I have bleed twwo times for one day each this month and been craving egg sandwiches for like 2 weeks breasts hurt every monring painfully but in 04 mine were tied and cut and burnted God why I wish I had never my mom just wanted me to and I wanted to please her but now I know i cant be pregnant im sad ibf cost 10,000 dollars and we cant put it on credit she took my boys I told her if i stopped drinking which wasnt all the time but one beer in our family you are cursed i told her if i give you custody till you know I dont drink one beer (yet their was no drinking problem) in our family that is not allowed I said I will promise i will stop she has had my sons and will not let me see them for a very very long time she did not want me to have another child because when i had my las son she was not the first to see i had c section but they gave him right to me to feed..I am ready to spend 10,000 to help me get m baby she is evil and i love her still so can you help that situation i would love a doctor to help us
I've had my tubes tied & burned & my youngest is 6 & my soon to be hubby & I want @ least one child together. What's the procedure for having another baby @ this point & is it @ all possible?? Please help me!

J. H.
I got my tubes tied in 2005 because my husband was diagnosed with Leukemia the same month our son was born... Fast forward I'm engaged to someone and I wasn't using any birth control because obviously I thought I couldn't have kids but yesterday I started feeling fluttering around in my belly just like when I was pregnant before. I'm still feeling moving ever so often and I'm about to freak out!!! I hope I'm pregnant but don't want it to end badly and I don't want to say anything to my fiancé because he wants to have a child with me so don't want to give false hope... This is crazy, all the pregnancies I've read about on here after having tubes tied .... Geez
I am 46 years old I have had my tubes cut burned and tied 27 years ago and my breast are very tender.I took a pregnancy test came out negative.Why are the tender?And I'm going through menapase!
Hello, I had my fourth baby in April-2008 along with my divorce. Never thought Id find love, so i got my tubes cut, burned (so that's what I was told) I found the love of my life, and I can't give him a baby. He has none, he's a great step-dad!! Im 36, My oldest child is 17 1/2, 15, 10 and 5.  I feel as of now like im prego, I eat like crazy my breast feel full and swollen and I can see my belly growing- Though my period came down this month, ugghh idk, if I am or not- scared to find out.
Got my tubes done when I was 21 & all of a sudden my period lasts for 8 days now I'm 5 days late I don't know what to do...I'm buying a test today my breast is very tender I had a pain at the bottom of my stomach last Wednesday that felt like I was in labor what is going on..ugh curious female
I'm 39 years old and had my tubelagation done in 1998 is it possible for me to get pregnant ?? Please if u have answers let me ,, even though I was 24 wen I had it done bt I got to this age and wanting a baby and I prayer that I do