Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
pregnancy after an HSG

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

pregnancy after an HSG

I just had my HSG done last week (after 19 months of ttc). She said the tubes were clear. I was wondering if anyone here has had this done (I ovulate in the next 2 days so my fingers are crossed). I read somewhere that the chances of getting pregnant after an HSG increase significantly. Does anyone here know anything about this or even had this done and had a better success rate?
Viewing 1-200 comments:
I had one in  late Dec and became pregnant in the beginning of Feb after ttc for 3 years....also, my husband had an infection from his vasectomy reversal that killed all his sperm so he was on antibiotics for the two weeks prior to our conceiving, so its hard to say what it was, could have been both. My friend had an HSG after ttc for one year and got pregnant. I think there is definitely some increase in percentage of conceiving after an HSG (or so Ive read obsessively one the internet)  I dont think it can hinder anything. Baby dust!!!
CD 8 would be cycle day 8.
I had HSG done also but did not conceive until much later afterward with IUI (insemination).  It ended up being ectopic pg but I think that was more to do with the fertility drugs than the condition of my tubes.  My HSG showed no blockage.  I have read that some women conceive shortly after the procedure, so best of luck to you.  

CD = cycle day
I'm not sure if the HSG did the trick for me or not, but I had it done on CD8 and one tube had a little trouble passing the dye but finally did once they put more pressure on it.  I had IUI on CD13 and am now pg with twins!  My MIL thinks the HSG cleared out some debris that helped me get pg, but who knows?!!  Good luck!
Thanx! But I'm still kinda new here so i'm not to sure what CD8 is.
I had HSG in March and got BFP in April :O)  good luck
I had an HSG done in Jan and got a BFP in Feb....HSG showed blocked left tube too.   I did m/c, but still think the HSG helped.
I love coming to the pages that no one has been on for like a year!! My story is we have been ttc for 14 months now with no luck at all. I am having HSG done this week with ovulation on the weekend. I was just wondering how it turned out? You haven't been on here in about 10 months, wondering if the HSG did the trick! Good luck to all readers! I have my fingers crossed too!
has PCOS, 2year ttc, and got pregnant 5 days after HSG. preg. test came back negative on my expected period date but positive 3 days later. We couldnt believe it. But i did have cramps very similar to the HSG (rather painful) of and on for 3 weeks. I thought my period was comming but never did :)
Currently 12weeks pregnant.
I had my HSG around 2 weeks ago... in my ttw now and ttc for a year, I'm so hoping it works!!!
Good luck to you guys! Thanks for bringing this old thread up, It gives me hope!!
I had my HSG done abt 2 1/2 wks ago ~ I was due to ov last mon,but unless i some how missed it with my ov testing I don't seem to have.
Has anyone else found this??????
My coworker got pregnant after her HSG. While nothing has been confirmed in studies, most RE's will agree that the incidence is higher after HSG w/ clear tubes.

Good luck.
I had my HSG done in March, blockage on the tube end to end caused by scar from fibroid surgery. Mentrual cycle on April was ok and scheduled for IVF in the summer. Did not get my period this month, May and got pregnancy test positive. Thank God!
Just to add on my comment on May 23, 2008. I had my fibroid surgery 2 years ago and trying to get preg after got better from the surgery but no luck. I think HSG played a big role on positive preg test result. Just an opinion...Who knows!
My husband and I have been ttc for 3.5 years with no luck.  I had HSG done last Friday, Aug 1st.  I hope that it works!
I had my HSG done on Aug 5th, 2008...it was a breeze ...had been ttcfor 14 years...on clomid for 6 moths....my hsg showed no blockage....just waiting.....crossing my fingers....I have faith...
I have had an HSG as well however, both my tubes were blocked unfortunately.  So the only way I can conceive is through IVF.  Good luck to you! That's great news that both your tubes are clear :-)
Sorry, didn't notice the date on this post until just now
Just wondering if either of you noticed a change in cervical mucus after HSG?  I did, but can't seem to find any information online.  TTC for 3 years, had my HSG on Aug 16, no blockage found.  Hoping that maybe some debris was cleared and this will be our month.  
I had my HSG on 8/28, ovulated 8/31...keeping my fingers crossed!  It is hard to read all these blogs and not be totally excited...but I'm scared to get my hopes up and than start my period...oh well...I'm thinking positively!!!  GOOD LUCK TO US!!!!!
i had my hsg the 5th of aug. and found out 3 weeks later were pregnant! which means we concieved 2 days after. ttc for a year... I am convienced it was the hsg that did the trick. now currently 7 weeks, had a misscarriage once before so hopefully this baby makes it... Have hope, HSG do miracles! and if that doesn't work there are so many ways to help get pregnant. if all else fails look into artificial insemination, it worked for my friend and shes been trying for 3 years.
I had my second HSG two weeks before I was scheduled for another round of injections for fertility and was concerned about the ability to conceive so quickly afterward (due to the high cost of the fertility meds).  My dr assured me that it is possible to conceive after a HSG.  I definitely recommend the procedure just to make sure that the tubes are actually open.  Mine originally were not after I had my first HSG about a year and a half ago and I would have hated to have gone through a round of fertility and then later learned that my tubes were closed.
Had a HSG done today about 5 hours ago. Been ttc for 2 yrs now.Both my tube had minor blockage. he filled it untill it started "spilling"
How long should you wait befor intecourse after your HSG?
Dr didn't tell me anything on this he just said "good luck and start trying"
Keeping fingers crossed and hopeing to have my eggo prego soon :o)
My HSG was last month and was all clear in tubes except for some mucous build up at spot where cervix/uterus meet, my RE told me that the HSG test makes a woman more fertile for 6-9 months.....I have a good friend who was ttc for 2 yrs and had her HSG done in Dec 2007, and got preggers in Feb 2008 and is having a boy in Dec 2008. SO, there is hope ladies!!!
I do hsg's.  Your chances of fertility is increased b/c your tubes are opened when we inject the dye through.  Good Luck to all!
I'm so glad I stumbled across this forum. I just had my HSG On SEPT 15th which was Monday and found out my right tube is blocked.I never felt ovulating pain in that side before. Boy I feel it today. And after reading This forum I feel so much better knowing all of the positives (yea)
I had an HSG in early Feb. of 06 got my BFP after a year of ttc in Mar. of 06 our baby girl was born in Nov. 06.  The same thing happend to my sister they had been ttc for almost 2 years.  Neither of my tubes or hers were blocked though. Good luck.
I am praying for all of you ttc!  We have lost 2 babies in the past seven months.  It has been very hard. But the only thing that makes me feel better is being pregnant again.  So I am crossing my fingers.  I had an HSG on cd 8 and had egg white cervical mucus on day 12.  Do you think this is too early to ovulate?  I normally would not ovulate until day 14 or 15.  I was wondering if the HSG had something to do with it.  Hoping to have a positive test soon!  God Bless -
I always O on day 14 of my cycle. And today being the O day. Tomorrow starts my two week wait. I had My HSG done Sept 15th which was Monday. CD10 was when my HSG was done. Sometimes when you have that test done it can loosen mucusor eggy looking substance built up in the tubes. Because I saw that the day after and I checked with an OPK and it was negative so i hope it unclogged my lines lol. I'm really sorry for your lose. I do wish you the best.
I'm on my ist round of fertility treatment:   50mg clomid, and scheduled for HSG next week, then if I want to do IUI next week I can.  The dr has really sold me on the idea of IUI b/c he told me it gets more sperm up in there for the egg.  But I am thinking of backing out on the IUI b/c everything I read here says HSG may do the trick by itself.  So what do you girls think?  Should I just do the clomid and HSG ?  And hold off on the IUI till maybe next month?
My opinion would be to still do the IUI to have the best chances.  Esp with the HSG hopefully opening your tubes for sperm to go through.  An HSG does increase your chances, but just think of your chances knowing more sperm is directly injected into your uterus versus on their own.  Good Luck, so far everything sounds good!  Keep us posted with your decision.
For the last 2 yrs I have been ttc baby #2.  I have PCOS and after a million tests and 4 rounds of Clomid , I found out I was pregant April 6th- only to have a m/c 10 days later @ 6 weeks. After letting my body try and establish some normalacy from that , the doc gave me provera for a chemical bleed just prior to my fisrt hsg on June 1st.
I was scard to death about this test having heard horror stories from others. For me it was a cake walk!! I heard "fill, spill, fill spill, thank you ma'am". No pain, no discomort and above all NO BLOCKAGE!! This was on June 11th.
June 23rd- I have a regualr , all by myself kinda period and then again on July 20th. This sorta stuff doesn't happen to me EVER so I was thrilled. I was told that after an hsg, were are more fertilie for 3-4 months. I wasn't banking on anything to work for me though.
My August period didn't show up and I tested negative mid and late month when I tested at home.
Yesterday on day 61 of my cycle, I have a BIG FAT POSITIVE!!! So according to my last period date , I am 9 weeks , although who knows really when i ovualted. Regardless of all this-- I have 100% faith in the hsg making this lil miracle happen!
I'll find out more via u/s and tests tomorrow, but for now I am going to relish the moments!!
Best wishes to everyone else trying or pregnant!:)
OMG  Big Fat Congratulations to YOU!!!  Thank you for sharing your story!!
Congrates girl. I'm hoping mine is a BFP. In the next couple of week. I love all the good news about HSG... Being that I just had mine done on the 15th of this month.
Congratulations! I had an hsg on the 29th of sept and am hoping for the best. We have been tryin for a year now and can't wait to love a baby. Best of luck to you.    kel0630
Hi everyone, I had my HSG done on the 30th sept and I am praying that it works, been trying now for 2 years the HSG showed no sign of blockage so im hoping it cleared up something......hoping for the best.
Also best of luck for all who is waiting and congrats to the ones who made it.

Firt_Lady

Had my 1st HSG yesterday after TTC for 1 year now- We were preg. one year ago and we MC @ 8wks-  My doctor told me that HSG's does not make you preg, but after it "cleans out the cobb webs" the chances of you getting pregnant are higher for the next 3 months?  I am not supposed to ovulate until 10/10- so I wonder if we should go ahead and start trying today forward?  We ARE READY for precious baby....
Yes!  Have at it!!  Don't waste any time.  Good Luck!
My husband and I have been trying for 3 years.  I hada fallopian tube removed due to infection in Feb. and fibroid removal in August.  I have never been pregnant.  I am having the HSG done on Friday to check the remaining tube.  
I had one on May 28th and my tubes were clear too. They told me to go home and start trying that very night..come to find out i conceived that night or the next and i am 20 weeks pregnant now, 21 weeks on thursday!!  I hope it works for you too!!
I had an HSG done yesterday and found out that my right tube is blocked.  My doctor has suggested a Laproscope to find out what is going on.  This morning, I'm online doing a little reading up on the subject and came across this website.  Has anyone else here had these problems and/or had to have a Laproscopic test performed?  My husband and I have been TTC for a year and a 1/2, but have just recently taken it to a fertility doc.  As of right now, I'm not on any kind of meds to help, just wondering if this is the normal steps that most people have to take.....

Any comments would be appreciated as it's already helped just to know that we're not alone :)
Had HSG on September 25th. Period was Due October 18th. I'm 2-3 days late. Pregnancy test negative. Felt nauseated a few days ago. Don't know what's up. Stressed and a little depressed!!! Anyone have this happen to them and end up with positiive results?
I had HSG in August. Both my tubes are blocked. I am scheduled for a Lap and dye next week. Since having the HSG I get period cramps around ovulation time.  Think IVF is the only next option.
I had HSG a year ago and still  no baby, just had myomectomy and d&c surgery now im waiting for ovulation to happen!
All this info has been very helpful!  I have one question... I had an HSG today and am on the antibiotic Doxycycline for the next 6 days.  Does anyone know if it's OK to TTC this month even though I will be on the antibiotic?  Thanks!! :)
Its never good to TTC when on antibiotic especially that one that and infection stopper lol but what did your doctor tell you ..........I would wait after the 6 days or until ur doctor give green lights to go ahead
I will see my Dr. this Wednesday, so I'll ask her then, but just wanted to see if anyone on here knew since I'm anxious to know. Lol. :)
Hi.  I had my HSG last Wed & was also on Doxycycline from the day before til Sat.  My doctor knows I'm ttc & that I'm O'ing this week & never mentioned that I shouldn't try.  I think it's safe, as long as you've stopped the meds before you O.  Let me know what your doctor says, though.  I have my u/s tomorrow, so I'll double check anyway :)
Thanks for the info.  I will let you know what my Dr. says on Wednesday!  Good luck to you! :)
Hey, I completely forgot to ask my doctor today!  I had so many other questions & it just slipped my mind.  I'm really sure it's okay, so long as you stop it before you O.  I took my last pill on Sat. & O'd today!  Woo-Hoo! :-)  If you remember, let me know what your doc says tomorrow.
Ok, so I had my Dr. appointment today w/ my new infertility Dr. and I really like her!  She was so helpful and explained everything to me,... much better than my regular OB.  Anyways... when I asked her whether or not we could TTC this month, she said YES!  She told me not to use pertection until I had a baby. :)  However, since I'm not on Clomid this month, she doesn't think I will actually O.  I'm hoping that I do, but am not going to get my hopes up too high.  Good luck and keep me posted on your progress! =)
I have been TTC for 2 1/2 years. Just had my HSG yesterday. Tiny bit of pain, but other wise piece of cake. No blocked tubes!
I am on antibiotics too, I am just going to wait another couple days to try to concieve (conceive) b/c I think having sex could contribute to bacteria inside of you. Which is why we are taking the antibiotics to make sure we dont get any infection b/c of the HSG!
But dont get me wrong I will be doing the baby dance ASAP. At least once or twice before I ovulate!
I hope my cobwebs have been cleard too. Hope the HSG works!
Chrissy:  I sent you a note, but thanks for the info!  That's great that you're happy with your RE.  I hope you do O.  Good luck!

kokomo:  That's great that you got the HSG behind you & you didn't have any pain :)  I waited to bd, too, until after my last antibiotic.  Still plenty of time to do the baby dance before you O!  Best wishes to you !!! :)
This site is so encouraging.  I had my HSG on 11/12.  Wasn't has bad has I have heard it was.  Yay for me!  Still waiting to O. Hopefully this will be our month after ttc for 14 months.  We're keeping our fingers crossed, but trying not to get over excited.
I have been trying to conceive in the last 14months, got preggis after 4 months on clomid and lost it to a lousy ectopic that ripped my right tube. I had a Laporoscopy on Mother Day (of all days). Months later I went on clomid but no preggies..I had my HSG done yesterday Wed 19 Nov the RE said my pelvis was high up eventually he got in the dye into my left tube. He was not happy with the spill so he tried again and it spilled but he said it was not spilling as well as he would loved it.

I am grateful for the glass being half-full rather than half empty. RE said there might be a scar... but I am greatful there was a spill. I do have a large fibroid but am hoping on the good Lord to clear my reproductive path so that I can have a baby. I am 35 yrs and am blessed with a beautiful 22 months old son and I love him and would like  2 more sibblings for him.

I would love twins. Baby Dust to you ALL.
Hi all, here is my story. I have been trying for almost nine months with no luck. My husband has a son from his previous relationship. He is nine years old. I had an HSG and both my tubes were cleared! The RE said that the dye slipped pretty good and everything looked normal. Prior to the HSG I had a vaginal ultrasoung and everything looked normal as well. My hormones level are where they need to be right after my cycle. I have been having problems with my cycle since I stopped the bcp in February. My cycle has been really irregular. So my RE recommended an HSG. I had my HSG on 11/21/08. So let's see what this month brings for us...hoepfully a BFP.

Has anyone gotten preggo right after it? It was not painful at all for me! It was a piece of cake, not pain, no bleeding, no nothing. I got right up and walked around like nothing had happened.

Any suggestions
ur lucky..........I cramped so bad and puked tmi lol but it didnt unblock my tubes ..............
Hi All,
I had an HSG test on Day 6 of my cycle. I have to say that the pain was horrific!!! Right after- it wasnt too bad, but about 2 hours later the cramps and pressure were horrible!!! I didnt think it was going to be that bad either, but oh well, the dr. said my tubes were fine so now i'm just waiting to ovulate on day 17. I hope i have a success story like a lot of others on this site!! Good Luck to all!!
I have my HSG test on CD11 wich is this coming monday.  i think i'll ovulate around xmas.  Wish me luck & baby dust to EVERYONE!~!!
Hi!  This is my first time on this site.  I am 35 and my husband and I have been trying for one year to get pregnant.  I had my first HSG test yesterday, and it did not hurt it all.  I had no bleeding and my tubes were clear.  My doc. did not put me on antibiotics though, so I hope no infection.  I had the test done on CD10.  Does anyone know how soon we can have sex?  Good luck to all of you who are trying.  FYI:  I was freaked about the test, and I totally overreacted.  It was like getting a pap.  No big deal.  So, ladies don't worry if you are getting one done soon.  
I had an etopic preg. in April '08.  I have no children and I'm 41. My fiance and I have been trying to conceive since my recovery of the surgery. My stats don't look good but I will be having a HSG to make sure there is no other blockage in Jan '09.
I have been reading many of the blogs and feel positive that I have a good chance of conceiving (of course with a good test result-no blockage).  Wish me Luck and baby dust.  I will report my experience.

Happy New Year and May Baby Dust be upon you now!!!!
I had my HSG done on the 22nd Dec and it was only day 4 of my cycle. my period is not regular so i had to take pill for one month before doing the test to regulate my period. the test was fine and had a little cramping later but knowing that i didn't have any blockage really helped me. I am not sure i will have regular period from now or not but i am just hopefull. fingers crossed.
Hey girls!

I have PCOS and had an HSG done on CD 9.  I am on CD 20 today and have been experiencing some progressive cramping in the lower regions on and off since yesterday morning.  Anyone else have this happen???

I should also mention that my husband and I have only been trying for a baby for about four months, now.  We had our follow up with the fertility doc today and the HSG was normal.  I had cramping after the procedure for the first day or so with really light spotting.  Just seems weird that I would be having cramping now. . .
This is in response to my first posting. READ ABOVE...

Ladies, I don't know if the HSG did the trick or not but I'm currently pregnant! I think got preggo the very next cyle after my HSG which was performed on CD10 of my last AF in 11/12.
SO there is hope for those wonder if the HSG does the trick or cleans out your tubes. Note, both my tubes were normal, no blockage, and my DH was diagnosed with borderline sperm count of 13 million...so I guess the flush out helped the sperms swim up there! =)

Good Luck ladies, and I hope the new year brings many many more BFPs to everyone!

XOXO,
Ari

Hi Ladies, I am 27 and my husband and I have been trying for about 2 years to conceive with no luck.  I had an HSG done on 12/23 and they found that my left tube is blocked and have scheduled a laproscopy.  I am currently three days late on my period and have had nausea and slight cramping for about the last week. I took a test yesterday with a negative result.  I emotionally feel like I can't take any more of those stupid home tests with negative results.  I feel like I'm never going to see "pregnant" in that little window without the word "not" infront of it.  I'm really hoping that I'm pregnant because it would seriously be a miracle.  I'm going to wait till the weekend to take another test and I'm just hoping for a mirarcle!

As far as the HSG, it wasn't that bad.  Just pressure down there but nothing that was too terrible.  I did have light bleeding for several days after though, but my docter said that was normal.  

Good luck to all of you ladies trying.  It is such an emotional rollarcoaster and I wish everyone a little miracle in this 2009 year!
Me and hubby been trying for 5 yrs. With no pregnancies. Had HSG done today with no blockage. Thank GOD.Hubby is away with military crew for a month and he won't be here for the 1st O after HSG but will just make the next.

As far as the test. No pain or cramping just spotting.
Baby Dust to all. I pray to conceive before he deploy in Aug this year.
Hey everyone. This is my first post on this board. I had my HSG yesterday- The cramping was really INTENSE but after it was done no cramps or bleeding. It was worth it tho to find out there was no blockage and to read positive outcomes after peoples HSGs. I BD'd the same night, I'm not trying to waste a month!! I wasn't on antibiotics or anything and I asked the radiologist and she said some drs dont prescribe them and it was ok to start whenever. I really hope this is my month! I had a miscarriage in November and my numbers were so low and weren't dropping fast enough so my Dr couldn't rule out ectopic. I'll let everyone know my outcome if this is my month or not! Fingers crossed for all of us!
I AM HAVING A HSG ON FEB 4, 2008 THAT IS 12 DAYS AFTER THE START OF MY PD.  MY OV DAY SHOULD BE ON THE FEB 7, 2008. MY HUSBEND AND I HAD A SON, WHO IS 8 AND WE HAVE BEEN TRING FOR 6 YEARS.  WE HAVE BEEN USING CLOMID FOR 4 MONTHS.  WE ARE FINANCIAL STABLE ENOUGH TO TRY OTHER FERTILITY TREATMENT.  I AM ALSO SO TIRED OF SEEING NEG TEST AND CRYING.  THIS SITE HAS BEEN HELPFUL.... GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND I WILL PRAY FOR YOU ALL.  TO HAVE ONE OF THE MOST JOYOUS THINGS THAT GOD CAN GIVE A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
The HSG is not so bad and it will hopefully give you some answers.  Plus I've read it increases fertility, so try and be positive about all of it.  I found that I did have a blocked tube and it was upsetting at first.  But, after my surgery, I'm finding that I still have a chance.

This is my second post.  I had a laproscopy done on 2/4/09 to figure out why my left tube was blocked.  My docter decided during surgery to go ahead and remove the very damaged tube.  But, THANK GOD, all of my other tubes and organs are in great shape (which really surprised my docter because of the damage my left tube had).  So, when I fully recover from surgery he wants us to try naturally for a few months and then he's going to try us on clomid if we want.  I'm very hopeful that I still have the ability to get pregnant.

Good luck to you all.  My husband is also military (like you mrswilson444) and I understand the stress of their schedule conflicts and trying to get pregnant.  Good luck to you all and keep posting your progress.  It helps me not feel so alone!
I have read through these post and i did see that a couple people noticed that there period did not come on time after their HSG, but then It was hard to find a follow up if they got their AF or if they where pregnant. I am two days late and took a test with a negative result. I know I will need to test in a couple day to be sure but has anyone else been late after the HSG? and if so how long?
I am 44 years old. I have a hsg scheduled for next Wed. I have one daughter 8 yrs old- had one MC last May. I read all the posts at this site- I was wondering if anyone was 44 or 45 yrs old that had success with IVF? I have been regular with my cycles, my husbands sperm tests were good, and I have tracked ovulation every month for 7 mo.- for some reason, it is not happening. ALl my blood work and tests have come back positive and at the right #'s. Heard the hsg was umconfortable but not painful?? Any advice woul dbe appreciated.
haleysmamma
Its great to hear all these postive comments.
I had my HSG 2 weeks ago and i have got a blocked right tube,we didnt try after as i was a lttle uncomfortable.
I have just had my period (1st one after the HSG)and it is really heavy and painful but i think its the HSG clearing me out.
In a week we will start trying and i have my ovulattion kit ready.
Has anyone caught after HSG with 1 tube working???
I have 3 weeks till we go back to the Doctors to hear what happens next now we know i have 1 tube.

I havent got as far as medication and the Laporoscopy yet so i really hope i dont need to and the HSG has done the clearing i need to help me get a lttle miricle.
Keep your fingers crossed as we have been trying for 4 years  x x x
Lizzie x
Hey ladies

I just had a HSG on March 9, I have to say that the pain was horrible, but it only lasted for about 10 mins and afterwards I only had mild cramping. The doctor made sure that my tubes were as clear as I needed them to be so hopefully this works.I have been ttc for almost 2 yrs and have had no success. I also had my right ovary removed almost a year ago so I am hoping that it doesn't become harder to get prego. I have read so many of your stories and it really gives me hope..Good luck to all of you I know how frustrating this can be..
Glad to have found this site. Had hsg done on 28 feb and ovulated on 6 march. I'm hoping that i have conceived. Good luck to all of us
There is hope for you all!  I had a HSG earlier this cycle and just found out I am pregnant!!  The dye can push through adhesions or debris in the fallopian tubes that may be causing infertility.  Up to 29% of women get pregnant within three months of an HSG that were previously infertile (that number is based on using water soluble dye....oil based is slightly higher but more risky).  So blessing to you all.  It is possible!
After ttc for 3 years had hsg done and got prego that month had my daughter and she is now 4 1/2. Have been trying for 2nd for 3 years  and just had hsg done again today! Hoping it works again for us! Dr. did say he had to apply more presure for the dye to go through but they were not blocked! best wishes to all:)
Congrats to all the ladies that have been able to get pregnant.  My husband and I have been trying to conceive for almost 2 years.  I just had a HSG test done last week.  They told me there were no blockages in my tubes. Should be ovulating this weekend.  I am hoping this worked.  I will have to wait and see what happens.  Good luck to the rest of you ttc!
My hubby and i have been ttc for about a year we have a 3yr old daughter and i had a miscarraige (miscarriage) in 2007, i was 8 weeks pregnant. We have a fertility doctor and i have fibriod, he ordered surgery for me but i freaked out and cancelled and i had the HSG test in febuary and we just tried this week. I HOPE IT WORKS, I also noticed my cervical mucus is more now after the test. Anyone else notice this? Gluck to you all.
For the ladies that recently had HSG done please keep us posted because I would love to hear some good news from everyone I'm needing a little hope right now.
We've been TTC for 2 years and I had my HSG done this morning.  I was so worried that it would hurt, but it was really a breeze - no cramping or pain, other than the normal pinch from a pap (although I did take 800mg Advil 1 hr before).  My Dr. did it, and said all was clear and perfect.  My fingers are crossed that this will be the month for us.  We've done clomid, so next step is the shots and IUI.  I'll keep you posted - thanks for the stories of getting pregnant after the HSG - it's nice to have that hope!
Hey all! I had my shg (sonsohysterograph - similar to HSG but internal ultrasound instead of x-ray) on Mar 11, I o'ed later this cycle (3 days later) and have put that down to the stress in the build up to the test - which was OK..left tube wide open - right one spasmed so inconclusive ( that part caused pain in the procedure- and i was mildly uncomfortable all day) - that same day TMI ALERT I had a massive glob of mucous come out of my cervix - like egg whites ewwwwww - Hoping this was some sort of clog that worked its way out! The wait is on - 9dpo today. i WILL keep you posted! Good luck girls!
i had a hsg done on march 2 and  am waiting for my af to get here.. my last lmp was on feb the 20... my next step is gonal f and iui but need to wait on MRS AUNT FLOW TO GET HERE i am so late i did hpt and a beta and they both came back negative ... i am going to my obgyn manana so we need to see what is reallygoing on IN THERE .... so who now ay i really duno any more ...... i am trying to hold on to my positive prayers......

much luck to everyone trying to concieve (conceive) /..
today was not a good day tomorrow might be a better day for us ..

*:0( erika
I had my first HSG in 2005 and two months later I was pregnant and had a healthy baby.  We started to try again after our child turned 1 and had no luck for a year and a half.  Finally after getting pregnant I had a miscarriage...details,details, details...

After fertility testing I was basically told that I am technically infertile.  Well, as part of the testing I had another HSG earlier this month and now my period is late.  I am hopeful that I will have the same luck as I did in 2005!  

Good luck to all that are trying...Keep the faith...doctor's aren't always right...

No offense to doctors of course - in some cases we are happy when you are wrong :-)
Hi everyone.....
I posted on here on March 9th 2 weeks after my HSG......
Following that.....
2 weeks ago we had a meeting with our doctor and he told me we will need IVF as i have 1 blocked tube and the other tube is scarred.....and my husband has a low sperm count.............!We were devastated beyond words..........
Now 2 weeks later.......completely out the blue....
I AM 5 WEEKS PREGNANT!!!!!
Ive had all the blood tests to see if my HCG doubled and in 48hours mine tripled......

So it means all looks good and the babies in the right place,im having a scan today to see the sack in the womb.

So Yes Yes Yes ...you can get pregnant after a HSG, and despite all the odds against us....i have got pregnant naturally and all is looking good.

I wanted to share my story with you as i have spent 18 months on here looking for hope in womans storys and never did i think i would share my own.
So if you have blocked tubes.........it isnt over yet......KEEP GOING!!!!!
Have hope and pray lots.......
I have had a miricle happen x x x x

Lizzie x
Congrats!! i am currently in the process of securing the funds  to reverse my tubal that my ex husband forced me to get. ive regretted it ever since, and physically i suffer from PTLS which is frustrating to say the least. Im praying daily that God will see fit to provide my New husband and i a child, i believe that i was meant to have one more, and i stopped that the day i so stupidly agree to sign those papers, if i could take it back now i would. god bless all of you in your endeavors and pray for each and every one of us :)

I wanted to repost and give you guys an update...I had an HSG done on March 9 the doctor told me that everything looked good...today April 9, 2009 I found out that I am 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant...so whoever is out there and feels that they have no hope think again...I am sure that thing will work out for everyone..Good Luck!!
Thank you so much for your inspiration!!!!  

I just had an HSG on Tuesday and am hoping for the best.  We have been trying for more than 18 months now and believe me - WE ARE READY to be parents!!!!!

I'm sure you ladies understand.

Thanks again for your happy stories!!!!  There is hope!!!!!!

GiGi
I'm 36 DH 35...been trying to conceive for 8 months... I had an HSG performed on March 31st.. I ovulated Early on CD 13 I think. I too had tons and tons of EWCM from the day after the procedure all the way through cycle day 13 and then it dried up.Only Bbydanced one time on cycle day 12, so I hope it takes....Btw...both my tubes were clear, and dr told me start TTC that same day, and I was on an anitibiotic same as above. Good Luck ladies!
It's a silly question. Will HSG has any bad side effect if you get pregnant right follwoing HSG?  I will have HSG tomorrow.  Will ovulate 4 days later.  Is it okay to have unprotected intercourse?   Thank you for your advice!
Hi ladies,I'm so glad I stumbled accross this post,I also had an hsg on tuesday,painful  ,they had to clamp my cervix.the rest of it wasnt that bad.my right tube was blocked,which we new already but the left tube,had slow spill,but today I passed what looked like lots  ewcm but blood tinted,and Im experiencing ovulation pain right now.but not sure if it is,or if its due to the hsg.Ive heard so many success storys form having a hsg,and I hope it works for us all.

Its not a silly question at all.  My doc did not say anything about it to me either way, but a friend of mine was told not to TTC the month of her HSG.  Because of this I called my doctors office before my HSG and they told me that I should try EXTRA hard the month of the HSG and the months following it.  We had intercourse the day after the HSG and I seem to be fine - no pain or anything.  My doc did give me one antibiotic pill, but he is not at all concerned regarding infection or anything.  They just gave me the ok to go for it!

Why not call your doctor's office and ask?  I'm sure there will be an assistant there who can answer your question right away.

One bit of advice - if your doc tells you to take ibuprophen before the HSG be sure to do so.  While the procedure was uncomfortable (it made me yell out loud LOL!!!) i did not experience any cramping or anything absolutely horrible.  I was able to attend a family function immediately after and felt just fine - i just took an extra dose of ibuprophen.  A friend of mine was not advised to take any pain killers before hand and she did not have a very good experience.  Her doctor must have forgotten to mention it to her. :(

I hope that all goes well for you!

Gigi
Gigi,  Thank you so much for the information.  Hope you'll be a mom this month!!

I just had to put my story on...
I think we all no how it feels to be hoping for that positive test...
I also used an ovulation test too the day we conceived,for the first time!....we timed intercourse just right so try that too....
I did see a liitle sack yesterday at my scan but they will not tell me im 100% in the clear of an ectopic yet!! Im today waiting on my 3rd hcg test so if that has doubled again...i wil be very happy.
My nurse told me that the HSG seems to help lots of woman so i am very positive for u all..... x
Good morning.

Did you find that the HSG changed when you ovulated at all?  I just ask because normally I ovulate around day 11 or 12 but this month I have not yet received a positive OPK nor have my temperatures gone up and I'm at day 13.  Not that I'm complaining. (having a later O date will allow for more tries before O actually occurs.)

Wow - I wish you all the best with your scans and your HCG counts.  How are you holding up through that?  Will you get your HCG count results today?   I will keep you in my prayers.  Please keep me posted.

GiGi
hey sorry for the late reply.
Yes i had my 3rd blood test results come back and i more than doubled again.
Its gone from 551 to 1468 to now....3643!!!!!I m 5 weeks today......hope these levels are good?????
So im getting hopeful i may have a normal pregnancy.

Id never done an ovulation test before my HSG so i didnt know the day exactly but i knew it was always around day 14.....
Last month it was bang on day 14.I dont thing the HSG would change that at all really...
We did it the night before ovulation and that must of worked.....
Im still waiting for bad news as when something like this happens its hard to believe it...
The doctors have said that im not out the woods and they dont want to rule an ectopic out yet.....so even though the results look good...they dont want to get my hopes up jst yet so im still in limbo...
its very hard as im getting nausea...heartburn....and really thirsty all the time.....!!!
But this thursday i have another scan and all will be reveiled a bit more then,im hoping the sack will be reveled as a definate fetus x

Hope u get good news this month.....i have a good feeling about it for u.....just try not to think about it and hold ya legs in the air afer....(not romantic i know but it may help)
x
Hey Lizzie I just read your last post and I have been going through the same thing that you have my first HCG Levels were at 280 and then 3 days later they doubled. I just had my 3rd test yesterday and still awaiting the results. I also have my first ultrasound today so I am hoping for the best...so I know how your feeling...i'm just trying to hope for the best...good luck to you..
Hi Guys I posted yesterday..and after going to the Dr. I have bad news...I had my HCG Levels checked 3 times now and they keep going up I think that are at like 2,300 or so but I had an ultrasound done yesterday and they can not see the baby anywhere my doctor now thinks that I have an ectopic pregnancy...I was really upset yesterday but at this point I have to leave it in God's hands...my doctor scheduled me for some kind injections to have the pregnancy terminated on Monday after having another ultrasound on Monday morning. My doctor has a little doubt only because I don't have any abdominal pain. I don't know what to think anymore can some one give me some encourging words...

Thanks everyone
keep your head up I too just went through the same thing as you. I found out I was pregnant and we were ecstatic. Come to find out 3 days later it was ectopic. i had the methotrexate shots to terminate the pregnancy which was devastating. That all happened in Jan/Feb this year. I just had the HSG and we started our first round of IUI. I am currently in the 2WW - 9DPO.
You will get through we are strong women and will always find a way. Try to look to the future.
How far gone do you think you are??
Didnt they see the sack at all??
My first scan last week i was 4 weeks they saw a very tiny black dot and they still said it may be ectopic, just one week later at my next scan there was a sack that had grown 3 times the size...!!You couldnt miss it....
A week makes a massive difference.
I would ask for 1 more scan monday before they give u the injections as they can get things wrong,i had no baby 1 week (and my hcg levels were good like urs) and a massive sack a week later..
I wouldnt terminate till u have chaecked again,even a few days can make a difference x
Good luck x x
Hi everyone. My hubby and i have been ttc for 5 years. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and am currently taking clomid and metformin. I am on my cd4 and have my hsg test schedule for this friday.  Reading all of your post have made me very optimistic. I will keep everyone informed and all of yous will be in my prayers!!!
It is sooooooooooo refreshing to read all of your posts! My DH and I have been ttc for 2 years now.  I have PCOS and his SA came back with low sperm count. I had my hsg done on tuesday(cd 8) and am hoping to be one of the lucky ones that conceives naturally during my 2 month break from Clomid. Everything looked just fine on the hsg test, no blockge or anything. What an uncomfortable experience! Doc wants me to take June off so that my DH can have another SA and will start again in July and do IUI with trigger. I'm with all of you not wanting to see another "not pregnant" pregnancy test. Good luck to all you ladies waiting for that BFP!
hi i had my hsg in april after 2 years ttc, and i was only in there 3 mins as the dye went straight throw (i got told it would be 30 to 45 mins) and am still waiting for my bfp. good luck to you all.
I had a HSG 4/29/09 after 22 months of TTC, I was not blocked.I had a postive OPK test and still ended up getting my period today. My hubby had a varicocele in his testicle and had surgery to repaire it in 8/08 and now his SA is great. My  cycle are always pretty normal 28 to 30 days.  My Doc says to wait 3 months from the HSG and if still not preego then he is putting me on colmid, but if i didn't get preggo the first month then is there still a chance a i will in the next two months.
Hi everyone..

My name is Mia and my husband and i have been trying to conceive for 6 months. I had an HSG today, it was painful and unconfortable for me (everyone is different) I know things happen when they should, but even as I write this, there are tears running down my cheek, I can't help but to feel an imense sense of guilt since I have had two abortions. I feel like in a way God may be punishing me or maybe I am just not meant to have a baby. My paternal grandmother had 22 kids including multiple sets of twins and triplets, and my maternal grandmother had 14. I sometimes get depressed thinking maybe the terminated pregnancies were my only chances. Does that make any sense to anyone??

I hope and pray that this month will be different, and that I will have a chance to get fat, have skin problems, have my feet swollen, eat everything in Panera, not be able to see my feet, be hyper emotional and yell at my husband because i feel fat.

I will keep you all in my prayers, and best of luck to all the mommy to bees.

Don't worry about the past.God is not so cruel that he will not forgive and we are not here to judge. I pray u get your bfp soon to prove that. I will have my hsg on June 28 and I'm hoping for a bfp soon after that as well.
Long story, lol.  We found out we were preg after ttc for 4 years.  Ended up being an ectopic preg, I had my rt falopian tube and ovary removed.  2 mos later ended having an HSG.  Looked like the dye was hesitant to move through, but it cleared up quite a bit and the dye went right on through.  So, we are trying.  I have been feeling sick lately and very tired, but don't want to get myself all worked up since it's only been 3 weeks after HSG, has anyone gotten preg that soon?
I had my HSG in Feb and my tubes were clear---Still waiting on my BFP
I had tubal reversal in Dec 08. Had my HSG done in Feb 09 one of my tubes are blocked. Good news is yes you are very fertile I feel pregnant that month unfortunally I had a miscarrige in March. Dont think it had anything to do with test just wasnt ment to be this time. I no how hard and fustrating it can be trying for a baby my thoughts are with you.
we've been trying for 2 yrs now, so finally i went to see my ob gyn. got my husbund tested and so did i. i read so much about this hsg test that i couldn't sleep, but then i needed to know. so i took 800mg ibuprofen and 1 midol and had absolutely no pain or discomfort at all. also i close my eyes breath and relax through the procedure which helped alot, everything was clear. now i wait and see what happen next, o.day coming soon. i will  be starting clomid next mens. cycle.  good luck to all who is still trying and congrat!! to all who has succes.
Just manted you ladies to know i got my hsg results -no blockage and a normal uterus.Will be giving the results to my doc on saturday for his feedback. hoping for the bfp now
I am 24 my husband is 27 we been trying for a baby for 16 months and we got told he has a high sperm count but i had my HSG last month they said i had adhesions on one side and a blockage of my tube on the other side and my OB said he is sending me to a fertility specialist to get a "Laprascopic" surgery to clear the blockage and adhesions, should i be scared for the surgery anyone have success stories for me? my thyriod levels are normal i have Hypothyroidism so i ask what are my chances of getting pregnant?>?? he said once the surgery is done that i can go on clomid right away i am just wondering if hes just pumping up my hopes or if i should hold hopes im gonna have a baby>>??
thanks
hopeful Baby Love!!!!!! <3
Hi, I just had this same procedure done today. It was pianful specially on my right side. I don't know the results yet but the PA that did the HSG ordered me to go ttc right after. I am hopeful that I do. She stated that she cleared my tubes. Hope to hear from my OB/Gyn tomorrow. By the way I also conceive during the next few days....:)
well I am now on cd31. AF is due today and has not showed yet.I really hope that hsg did the trick
I had my HSG today-been TTC for year and 1/2.  I've never been "officially" pregnant, but I do believe I've had 2 chemicals in the past year.  We just started on this oh, so fun, journey of trying to figure out what the heck is going on.  DH checked out just fine and my HSG showed all clear today.  I have to say I am VERY glad I pushed for pain meds-at first they didn't want to prescribe anything, insisting that the procedure doesn't hurt, but did call in some Tylenol3.  I had tears in my eyes at one point toward the end.  The nurse and Dr were very supportive and made the experience dealable.  I should O in 4-5 days, so we shall see!  Just keeping my fingers crossed and planning a romantic dinner for Thursday........
hey ladies it's now cd 41 and still no sign of af.But I went to the doc on cd35 and got a bfn. Just waiting a little longer
here again ladies. I got a faint bfp yesterday evening and a clear bfn this morning with fmu. Still in limbo.I'll wait a few days and test again
well it's me again cd 54 still no af  and test lines barely visible gonna see my doc in two weeks
Hello Everyone,

Im new here but I thought I join in.  I resently had a hsg done on July 24th.  I found out my right tube was blocked but the hubby and still decided to ttc anyway.  August 14th I found out I was pregnant!!  Im not sure if it had anything to do with hsg because we were only trying for four months.  But it did happen the very next month so who knows.  ( I tested only after four months because I have endometriosis).  But anyway good luck and God bless to everyone.
congrats!! I hope I have the same luck.Enjoy your pregnancy!!
finally got my af on cd 60 (August 19) .I'm concerned now that since my hsg my cycles seem to be getting longer and longer last one was 42 days now this one is 60 days. Has anyone been experiencing ths?
hi everyone it feels so gud when reading some of ur comments and with positive results.. i just had my HSG test today and im in bed now having a bit of pain and just hopping to get pregnant cuz life is nothing and meaningless for me please everyone pray for me i m ttc for 3 years no luck :(
Hi, i jus wntd to share my experience. After 3 IUIs, i had my HSG test done last month and then followed with an IUI on clomiphene.The test was horrifying as my cervix is small.It was very painful and it took the doctor 1 1/2 hrs to do the test(Not to scare anyone...jus my exp). But this will not be the case for everyone as some might find the test easy  without much pain. The best part of having the test done is that this month im pregnant(5th week).I think it was possible only bcz of this test as i have already had 3 iuis which were failures.I wondered if this test should have been done before my first iui which would have saved money and time. Most important- emotionally we would have felt better. Hope this info helps somebody :-)
i just had a HSG done on aug 19th and the doctor said everything was fine and my tube were open the procedure wasn't that bad and i did not bleed the day of the HSG. Then on the 22 i bleed for 3 days but i know it was not period because i had my period on aug 9 i was wondering is it from the hsg or pregnancy because i had sex the day of the hsg
I had a HSG with my 1st IUI and did get A BFP, but it showed nothing wrong with my tubes. I lost that pregnancy due to low hormones. I had another HSG with this IUI and also had a D&C due to uterine polyps. Now in my 2ww. I've heard after a D&C your chances go up alot to. I posted a new question on the forum about it to see what people had to say but nobody replied to it... Im so not loved! lol. But thats what I read and thats what I have been told. Anyone with experiances?
Just wanted to comment that I had a HSG on 9-15-09. My husband and I have been trying for about 7 months and the Dr. suggested I get this test to make sure all was clear. After reading so many horror stories, I found the test painless and similar to a PAP. I am praying and believing for a BFP next month and hubby and I are BD at least every other day as I should ovulate starting tommorrow. I am so excited!!!  Baby dust to all!!!!!
I hope it works for you!  & I am SOOOOOO happy to hear that it wasn't bad!  Phewwwwww, I'm getting mine this Monday!!!
How did your HSG go?? Did u take any medicine beforehand? I'd forgot to mention that I took about 900 mg of Tylenol and had no trouble! Good luck to u as well!! My cycle should begin on or around Oct. 6, but I'm not looking for it!!
Im going for my HSG in 2 days...Been TTC fofr almost 3 years and I hope this works...Glad to have read all the posts. Makes me feel a little positive!
hi guys
i have a problem i had my hsg done 8 days ago and im still in some pain i feel very cramped all the time and it just wont go away. im starting to think im on my own with this.its starting to get me down.ive been to my doc, she thinks it might be irriable bowel syndrome brought on by the hsg but i know my doc knows her job but ireally dont feel as if thats it.i
I had my hsg done on the 24th and for a whole week after I cramped and had the runs.  Did they give you any antibiotics just in case?
hi i'm new here......... i've been ttc 4 almost 5yrs now with no luck. but i had my hsg test on the 28th of sept 2009, it wasnt so bad but later that i had bad cramping until the next two days so i couldn't bd until 3days after. i started clomid on the 25th of sept 2009 the dr said i would O around the 4/10/2009 so i bd from the 1st until last night. i was feeling lil cramps a day ago the dr said it maybe that i'm O so my fingers are cross lets hope an pray i get a bfp! i said i wouldn't take a preggo test until 3/11/09 cause thats my bday i want it to be a bday surprise...................... GOOD LUCK LADYS LOTS OF BABY DUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Hi! reading your posts gives me some hope. I had the HSG done on Sept 21st, day 8 of my cycle. HSG was a bit uncomfortable, but the real pain came after, for almost three days. I ovulate early (day 12), so we barely had time to BD, but we tried anywyas. Dr didn't give me antibiotics, so I was a bit concerned about TTC right away. This week I'm having some cramps, too early to be AF. I'm hoping this is the month, we've been trying to 7months, and I'm 40. HSG showed tubes open but right one is very thin, and there's a fibroid or something else on the right. Has anybody in this thread have adenomyosis, and got pregnant? because all my symptons match adenomyosis. Dr hasn't mentioned anything about that, but wants a pelvic MRI done.
hi..i had my Hsg Test 5th october(day 11 of cycle) it was painfull. my left tube is fine and my right tube has a blockage on end as didnt spill out with dye at end. had cramping and bleeding after..lessoned alit around my time of ovulating(around day 14-16)..now on cycle day 21 and still bleeding with cramping. so getting alit concerned as suppoed to stop by now...anyone with any advice? thanxu x
hi my name is tracey ive been trying now since may 09 had tubal reversaldone die flew through with no problem but no pregnancy dr has said he wants to do HSG im scared yet excited mine is being cone on the 13th november 09 day after my birthday and 7 days before ovulation ive to heard many successful storys im 32 from australia wanting a baby very much ill let u all know if i become pregnant i am a mum but i want to add more to my family good luck to all and god willing we all conceive and carry healthy children
I had an HSG this week.  It was so painful.  It only lasted 10 minutes or so, but in the end I asked them to stop.  It was not "cramping" and felt more like "ripping".  I took prescription ibuprofen ahead of time, but still had a lot of pain.  At this point they said the test was inconclusive because the dye was not going through the tubes & I made them stop before it could.  I let them try again & the next attempt didn't hurt very much at all.    Eventually dye went through both tubes & spilled out.  Doc says maybe it was some mucus build up & hopefully that would help us conceive our next child....

I also had a lot of bleeding, in fact they had to warn me not to step in the blood as I came off the table as some was even on the floor.  I bled like a light period over the next couple days & was still pretty sore too.  Even still, I would do it again if I had to.  I just wasn't prepared for the pain & it scared me more than hurt me.  Since I've had a child and know what labor pain feels like, I would say it was more like some bad contractions than the cramping I expected.

It was worth it if it helps us conceive!
hi my hsg is booked for the 13th november at 830am im terrified after reading how painful it is maybe ill take a valium lol just joking i really want a baby and if this shows if there is anything wrong and i can fix it i guess it will be worth it maybe ill be lucky enough to conceive after it.im silly ihad a tubal ligation done 11th may 04 and reversed it 18th may 2009 at the time of reversal the did the hsg durin the operation and it flowed beautifuly but im redoing test tomake sure they healed well and are still open ihad my tubes tied due to a bad labour 10 years ago ithen decidedto tie my tubes at the time of my caesarianwith my daughter born 11th may and the caesarean was amazing no pain at all i was doing arobics the next day fromthey day i regreted tying my tubes but finally found a fantastic proffesor here in australia that has a great reputation so we decided it was time to reverse im just hoping and praying my tubes are open and its just taking time to conceive ive heard so much positive feed back on the HSG test  lets just allpray it works for us all if notit will be ivf for me to but i would truelly prefer to fall pregnant to fun and old fashion way  wooooop wooooop lol anyway good luck tous all and may god say be and we all become pregnant.
Hello there everyone...
Well I hope that I'm one of those cases that get a BFP.
I had my HSG on September 30, cd 11. CD 21 October 10 I  O. Had three good size follicles.
Was on drug like Metfor, Dexamethasone and fermarra for 10 days.
Currently on Cd 33...
Went on lunch break at 5 am in the morning and got the HPT.
Now I don't know if I want to take it here or wait till I get home. So that I will be alone if I want to cry...
HELP!!!!! ANY ONE What should I do!!!!!
hi ive actually cancelled my hsg test now i spoke to my surgeon who did my reversal 7 months ago and he told me tobe patient and that sometimes the hsg can be more harmful than helpful that some timews it can actually push stuff into the fellopian tubes and block them it took me 2 yrs to conceive my 5yr old and 3 yrs to conceive my 10yr old so i must practice patience as any healthy couple can take between 12 and 18 months to conceiva anyway so ill give it another 12 months than if nothing ill do the hsg wish me luck as its all in gods hands and if its ment to be it will be and
                                      good luck to you all you fertile but not conceiving friend from australia tracey x
Well I got my period, today... Very disappointed that it didn't work for me after  the HSG... Well you have three months after, so we will have to see. The great news it that they finally have me on meds that work.... And I didn't have to take any pills to get my period!!!!! Wish me lots of luck for next month!!!!!!
I understand! I too am still waiting for my BFP... I'm remaining optimisitic! I know I will get THOSE results very soon!!!!! Hang in there everyone!
Hi gals!  Reading up on these comments and I don't know whether to be scared or excited!  My husband and I have 2 boys ages 6 and 2.  In Feb or 08 I had a miscarriage and have not had any success in conceiving again.  I've been on Clomid for 5 months now.  Went to see the dr today and he is wanting me to get an HSG done next week sometime.  I am super nervous.  I was wondering why can't an ultrasound be done to check the tubes?  Really hoping this will be our month!  There's like 6 women in my church who are with child and it's hard not to get a little down with the trouble my husband and I are having.  We would love to have twins! Especially if one of them were a girl!  LOL Anyone know if an HSG could increase chances for that?  Thanks!
hi its tracey again hsg comming up this friday had ultrasound redone last tuesday i was told 3 months ago i had cysts and adenemyosis well what **** was that just redid and no cysts no adenemyosis everything was perfect had 2 follicals in each overy last test said i had to many follicals so dr starting me on a cycle of clomid i start on 12th nov my bday and hsg 13th hoping both combined help anyone had hsg and clomid together and is clomid worth taking ?
I'm really encouraged reading these posts. I had my first HSG today (no real cramping and clear tubes!) after 10 months ttc.  Will wait one more day before we start trying, but seeing the first, positive sign in a long, dark year.  Thanks to all the ladies for sharing!
A related discussion, Had HSG was started.
HAD HSG DONE TODAY BOTH TUBES ARE OPEN SO THAT WAS GOOD NEWS BUT THE DOCTOR SAID I MIGHT HAVE A FIBROID!!! SO I MADE AN APPOINTMENT TO FOLLOW UP WITH MY DOCTOR TO SEE WHAT WILL BE THE NEXT STEP?? THE HSG WAS A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE BUT I TOOK 2 ALEVE 30 MINTUES BEFOR MY TEST. HAS ANYONE GOTTEN PREGNANT WITH A FIBROID??
Is geting pregnant immediately after doing HSG risky? we had intercourse 2 days after getting HSG done. Is it of some risk to the baby?
had tubal reversal in dec.2007...had 4 miscarriages from june 2008 to dec.2008...had under active thyroid which the doctor's say may have caused the miscarriages...had a hsg done in feb.2009...tubes were open...did 6 months of clomid 50mg...which i didn't need, never had problems ovulating and did one round iui in nov.2009 and still no luck getting pregnant..
Hi, just had my first HSG and the results showed all tubes are clear ;) I have been trying for a baby for 9 years and no luck. My periods have always been irregular for 8 mths at a time i dont have a bleed. I have recently been given the Provera to take for a course of three months, i had a bleed for the first cycle for 6 days but for my second cycle i spotted for a day.
Can anyone tell me what my chances are now that i have had the HSG.
Many Thanks to All ;)
Hi there,
I had my HCG done yesterday CD 10 for me. My DH and I are both in our 30's and TTC 7 mo. My Dr told me that he thinks I have endometriosis and I am not sure why. He wants to do a laproscopy to confirm and won't do anything else until laproscopy is done.
DH has slightly low motility and after all of that news yesterday I felt so defeated! I was in tears all night long and most of this morning.
I don't know what the actual chances of conceiving are after HSG however, I can only pray that this does the trick.
Today I had LOTS of EWCM with white flakes in it??? TMI I know.  Anyone else had this? The HSG I had did not use dye but some kind of spheres that is a new technology.  My tubes were open and he didn't see any abnormalities in my uterus.

I will keep you all in my prayers.  
I recently had my hsg done on January8th 2010. It is almost 3 days later and I still have alot of clear thin discharge...this morning there was a hint of blood in it...but barely. The results of my hsg where that my uterus was fine...but my tubes on both sides had trouble with the ink flowing through...they had me turn on my left hip..and then my right hip...and it went through...it was almost  as if there was something holding up the process but it finally pushed through...so technically my tubes arent closed...since the ink went through. However my doctor referred to my tubes as being narrow...and that its not impossible fo rme to concieve (conceive) on my own it just may be harder. I have looked everywhere on thie internet for some kind of information on "narrow fallopian tubes" I have yet to find anything. So far all Ive found where they where either closed or not...and maybe some difficulty with spillage at first but it proceeds to spill.

In my case it did spill...slowly at first through my tubes but the point is it went through...and Im going to hold on to that.Faith is the key. Im also charting my basal body temp...still waiting for that Ovulation..it should actually happen with in the next few days.  
I have a similiar problem on my right tube - in my HSG the dye was super slow on my right tube so the radiologist thought there could be a mild blockage. based on this, i got laproscopic surgery done. My dr found the right tube to be good but dye did take an extra effort to get through to spill over. My left tube that seemed to look fine in the HSG actually had the problem. I had adhesions due to my c section that had the tube kinked which my dr fixed. However, after almost 5 months, i'm still not pregnant. I finally met with an RE and after looking at the films of my HSG - he wants to do another one. He thinks the first one was not done properly. He also said that due to the slowness of the right tube - it could mean there is damage although my dr that did the laproscopic surgery did not see anything. how long have you been trying to conceive?
We have been trying to concieve (conceive) for 19months now. Im keeping my fingers crossed that I could be one of women who end up pregnant after an hsg. :)
It just really bothers me how the doctor keeps saying they are closed...but Im like no the dye went through therefore there open to some extent...I dont like the way some doctors take all your hope away...at least try to. She is really for me having surgery...but Im not sure if I want to...espicially if I have to pay for it versus my insurance covering it. I'd rather try an cycle of IVF...but maybe I should figure out how much everything will cost first.
Your insurance won't pay for the surgery? That stinks.my doc put it through under pelvic pain I think so insurance covered it because we don't have infertility coverage either. I just had my 2nd hsg yesterday and everything looks normal - dye went through both tubes with no problem and my uterus is normal. Hope this helps me this month otherwise we are onto clomid and iui next month.  
This site has gave me some hope. I had a reversal done June 17,2009. I only have my left tube had right one removed due to etopic preg. Had hsg done on Dec. 30 nothing was blocked and now i'm two days late with neg test but still praying it helps.
hi its tracey again had sec hsg done on the 13 jan 2010 and they found that my left tube is blocked right is open im trying natural this month if i dont conceive we have an app on the 11th feb with ivf at westmead hospital ttc is very sad and u find ur self sitting under a big black cloud at times but no more im going to think positive the mind works in amazing ways so if it doesnt happen this cycle we will try ivf 1 cycle is that doesnt work well i think its ova for us god willing it happens soon for us all and i was reading a coment of a lovely girl who sid she feels like she is being punished for having 2 abortions sweetheart im pro life and i believe that with the guilt you have in your heart that is repentance god forgives those who repent truelly from there heart may god bless you soon just ask god and your 2 babys to forgive u and god wiling all will be ok xx
Ok, so I am really happy I found this site. I have always wanted a baby. My fiance and I have been trying to conceive for the past 8 months. My ultrasounds show nothing, my blood tests show nothing. I live in the Caribbean so, one would expect that it may be easier. I made and appointment to do the HSG on January 29, 2010 and I am a bit scared as to the pain, but with all the good stories that I have been hearing, I know the pain will not stop me. Bearing in mind that I WILL HAVE TO FACE LABOUR PAINS. From what I see, a lot of persons conceive within the first week, so I know that a lot of persons can find comfort in that. Based on MY statistics, more than 50% get the BFP immediately after, 25% within the first 3 months, 15% a year after and 10% never. The 10% are because of some other underlying factor such as PCOS, Damaged Tubes, fibrosis and Blocked Tubes. So based on MY findings, I am looking forward to a BFP, however long it takes. Ladies, please continue to pray for and encourage each one.

XOXOX
NTW
I am scheduled for my hsg on January 28th.  I'm very excited to have read about all the ladies that got there BFP almost immediatly after this test. You give me hope.  We've been ttc for over 1 year now.  I'm 34 & he's 39, neither of us have children so we are really hoping this will help us to concieve (conceive).  
Hi gals,i'm very delighted to hear all this wonderful stories about hsg.I just had my 2nd hsg today after a failed iui.The dr said both tubes are patent, but the spillage was mild.But am still glad to hear that my tubes are open even though the dr said it was a forced spillage.Am presently on clomid with follicular tracking.Just hoping the hsg will do the miracle this month.But incase it fails,my planB is to go for a 2nd trial of iui.So am keeping my fingers crossed!wishing everyone in this community lots of babydust.Will keep u posted!
Wow! It is so nice to hear such encouraging testimonies on here. Hi my name is Lila and my husband have been trying for 4yrs. I had my first hsg almost 2yrs ago with my OB and nothing seemed to happen. I have also been on clomid for a few cycles but nothing as well. Finally my husband and i decided to see a specialist to see if he could help. So i had another hsg done on CD9 this month, told me i could have bleeding and cramping like when your on your period, but didn't have bleeding and bit cramping until a week after the hsg took place and i am still bleeding a bit but not as heavy as normal period, my period isn't supposed to start until next week.  Right now i start bleeding when i go for a good walk. Has this ever happened to anyone after they had an hsg?  Could implanting be like this or could i still get pregnant even though i am bleeding(the color is red or light pink at times and stops and starts up again)?
So, today I did it, my HSG. I cried LOL. Not because of the pain, but I have read and I heard that people that it was excruciating and I was scared. It was not that bad. The only pain I felt was during the insertion of the fluids. That's all. The lady told me that it would hurt if my tubes were fully blocked, but because of the minimal pain I felt. I guess it wasn't. I have to wait until Monday to get the results and I will remain positive.

Tell you what happens later.

well started colmid this month so every pray it works i'll sure have you all in my prayers
I have an HSG scheduled for tomorrow morning and I hope it's not too painful,  We have been trying for about a year now.  My doctor has me on 500mg of Metformin twice a day so far, but no Clomid yet.  His big thing is that he wants me to lose weight since I'm like 30 pounds heavier than I used to be in my early twenties.  No one has mentioned weight (of course it's a sensitive subject) but I was wondering if anyone else was told that they need to shed some pounds in order to ovulate and better their chances of getting pregnant first and foremost.  Is anyone else with fertility problems in the 170lb+ weight bracket???
Hello Ladies,

I'm new to posting on websites, but like to read other peoples thoughts.  I am inspired by all of you.  I had my Hsg done Jan 31st, wasn't to painful just felt like your first day of period cramps.  And that is probably because of slight blockage.  The Dr. told me I had mucus in my tubes, which caused slight blockage and he cleared it out.  I've been ttc for over a year now, still have about 2 weeks before AF shows her face, hopefully she wont.  If this does not work I have a appointment with a fertility Dr. in March.  Good luck and baby dust to all.
hi ..i am new to this site.i am 33yr old and we are trying for pregnancy for last 8 mnths. My cycle was always regular but for last 5-6 months it is delayed.me ad my hubby my ovulation is a bit delayed. This month i had a HSG on 5th. my tubes are clear.i have my fingers crossed.
Hello all, 1st time on this post. I have been FTC for a year and as I didn't have periods after coming off contraceptive pill 4 yrs ago I was put on chlomid, failing to work after 6 months I got my 1st hcg trigger shot on cd10 this month, a blood test on cd17 which showed I had ovulated :-). Now I'm just waiting and on cd20. When I was on chlomid I was getting af on day 19 or 20. Got everything crossed!!
wat is hsg i had lapo is tat d same thing
I'm 23 years old.....Had HSG done on the 10th...BD on the 12th (I have 26day cycles) Increased CM for sure!!!!....NOW in the 2ww.....Fingers and toes crossed. This is my year of the tiger so hopefully it brings good luck.
BTW My tubes are clear and my FSH and E2 WERE GREAT YAY!!!!
I had my HSG done on 3 feb(7 day).It wasn't that bad but i didn't ovulated this cycle.Is it possible to miss ovulation due to HSG?Does anybody has experienced this.I am really worried:( Anyways Good Luck to all including me!
My HSG is scheduled for next week Tuesday the 23rd.  Praying that my tubes aren't blocked and that I'm able to do IUI on that Friday/Saturday.  I have endometriosis and have been reading that this can cause some damage to tubes too.
For those of you that have had it done, is it comparable to an IUI insemination if you have had one?
Thanks for all your input!
I had my hcg injection 12 days ago cd10 and ovulated from it. The last few cycles just having clomid I've got my af on cd 20 I'm now on cd22 and no af. Dr told me to wait 14 days before doing preg test. I had cramping in lower stomach and groin a few days ago and thought that was af about to start but now no cramps. What do you guys think?
I just went for my 2nd HSG & it was nothing.  I did have problems with the first one although it was tolerable. The first one I was told one of my tubes was clogged & now find out they are open.  I am not sure how that happened but Dr said it could have contracted closed.  Who knew???

It's similar to a pap when the put those forceps in you...not that bad.  Keep me posted & wishing you luck.

Saz1983- I think you posted your message in wrong section.  We were talking about HSG test & you are talking about HCG the shot.
In reference to your cramps anything is possible.  Are you taking progesterone? If yes, that is the reason for your cramps.
To All:
I am new to the site. I have an HSG Feb 22 after loosing ANOTHER pregnancy. OB thinks I have a mis-shaped uterus and says an HSG will help show what's going on. I see a lot of posts regarding blocked tubes but does anyone have any experience with uterus issues?

Hello, just had my hsg done today, all was clear and uterus is good, hoping to have a BFP within a few months....loved reading all the stories on here even is some are from a few years ago....it still brings hope.
I too had an Hsg done back in 2007 after trying to conceive for over a year.  I was pregnant within a month after having it done.  We are now trying to conceive our second child and have not had any luck.  I am scheduled for my annual exam this week and want to see if the doctor recommends having another HSG done.  I had thought that maybe I did not get pregnant the first time around because of the stress of my job, but I believe that the HSG enabled me to get pregnant.  I wish everyone luck and hope to get some good news myself here in the next few months.  If I do have to have another HSG done, I hope it is as affective as the first. Good luck ladies.
Hi ladies!
  I have enjoyed reading all the stories and wanted to add another of hope.  I had an hsg 5 years ago after trying for over 18 months to get pregnant.  The procedure itself wasn't too bad... but it effects everyone differently.  I suppose the best thing to do is relax!  I was then to start my 1st round of clomid after my period started.  It never came and 5 weeks after the hsg, I had a positive pregnancy test!!  When our daughter turned one, we started trying again and got pregnant right away, much to our surprise and delight, and went on to have a healthy baby boy.  So 18 months ago, when he was one, we decided to try to have one more baby.  I have irregular cycles and borderline PCOS, but don't really fit the typical PCOS patient.  Just irregular bleeding and a slightly elevated DHEA.  So I went on clomid for 6 cycles, and finally got pregnant in September of last year.  We lost the baby at 8 weeks.  We then decided, that we would be done with clomid or any other fertility drugs, and see if having another hsg would be helpful, since it seemed to work 5 years ago.  My procedure was today, and everything looks good...so we are hoping that we will be blessed with our 3rd little miracle!!  I have heard this being so beneficial to so many other women... my cousin had tried for 5 years... and was pregnant 3 months after her hsg!!  Good luck to all of you!
Well still no luck took my second round of clomid this month not time to test yet. Did however carry my husband to the dr and had him check and they said his count was the highest they had seen in 4 years the normal count is 50 million and his is 84.5 million which is great but still can't figure it out i have three children from previous marriage and had no trouble. I know I only have one tube and had a reversal but dr says everything looks good everything is working right. HSG was clear so who knows.. Lots of prayers to all the couples who are trying and good luck all
hi everyone, I feel encouraged by what you guys have said. I have pcos, and have been trying to conceive for 8years. I did my first hsg on march 4.  I really would love to get a positive test at the end of this month. I have gone on several cylces of clomid.  Has anyone been trying this long to conceive. today seem to be the last of the spoting since I did the hsg.  my ovulation started 5th should I start trying today or wait until tomorrow.

Mel
hi i'm i so glad to stumble on this page. I had my hcg done first week of march but the doctor was not able to insert the catheter to my cervix so procedure was unsuccessful called my Dr. and she prescribed me cytotec night before my next hcg. Anyone here with the same experience? Please help...thanks
hi i'm i so glad to stumble on this page. I had my hsg done first week of march but the doctor was not able to insert the catheter to my cervix so procedure was unsuccessful called my Dr. and she prescribed me cytotec night before my next hsg. Anyone here with the same experience? Please help...thanks
My husband and I have been ttc for about a year.  I had the hsg today.  It was an uncomfortable procedure but i was told that everything looks normal. After reading all the msgs I am hopeful that I will get pregnant this time.It souunds like tho there is no real evidence as to why women are conceiving after an hsg, but they are. I never thought I would have these kind of issues.  My older sister has 3 children and my younger has 2.
I just wanted to give my bit of hope to everyone and myself!
I 1st got prego on my honneymoon in 2004 reslulting in a misscarraige at 16 weeks. Then I went 10 months trying hard to concieve (conceive)! My Dr. finially did hsg and on that round (including 1st round of clomid) preggo~ unfortunatly ending in a miscarriage. Right after that miscarraige (miscarriage) I fell preggo again~ unfortuantly I have an incompitent cervix and my daughters sac came through my cervix at 22 weeks and I held on tight until 24 weeks when I delivered her to premature to survive. I then got preggo with my beautiful baby boy now 3 years old! Then I got preggo with my other beautiful baby boy while breastfeeding for 7 months after my 1st son was born. I totally believe that had it not been for the hsg I would not have both of my sons who were both also clomid babies!
I have now been trying for over 1 year and have done 6 non concecutive rounds of clomid and nothing! UGH! I am getting another Hsg on monday CD10 and also did clomid this month so I am hoping for myself that this will do the trick!
So good luck and baby dust to all you hot mommas to be!!!
i had HSG done on feb23(cd6), it was painful and the dr said my tubes were clear. my DH had his sperm analysis which came out with a low sperm count of 9million. i did not ovulate that month and on Mar 15 my AF was here, i was expecting it on 18th. has HSG changed anybody's cycle. am still trying for the next two months before considering IVF. DH has stopped drinking alchol and waiting to have another test. what do you think can help him to increase his count.
best wishes to everyone who is waiting for BFP. i pray it happens soon
prisca25- i too had a weird cycle after my hsg.  Mine was done on February 28th which was cd 11 for me.  My AF came on cycle day 26 which is early by two days for me.  I'm a usual 28 to 31 days.  We also will be trying again 2 more months before consulting with my doctor again as to what the next step will be.
As for the lower sperm count a few things i've been told is boxers instead of breifs and no hot tubes or hot baths.  But i'm not sure how viable that info is because my DH takes hot baths and the doctor had said his count was good....so who knows.

cabm- My dh and i have been trying for over a year as well and my first month after my hsg is a bust.  Got AF earlier then usual actualy.  My sister also has a daughter after only 3 months of trying and there are no infirtle women in the family so I'm also wondering why i'm not getting pregnant.  It can be very frustrating and discougraging.

Good luck next month....I hope we all get BFP ladies! SSBD to all!
thanks, i think am ok now knowing that am not the only one with this problem. i have an appointment with my DR, so will find out more and get you posted. lets hope for the best next month.

baby dust to you all....................
i everyone had hsg done d 8th of feb and had a 28cd was brill but now i think it has mucked up my cycle as i am on cd34 and my projesterone levels were 4.1 has this happened 2 anyone
       BDTA
Hello Everyone,

I had my first HSG today and it showed no blockages.  "Beautiful spill" as my Dr. described it.  It didn't hurt, only was slightly uncomfortable as she inserted the catheter.  I never felt the dye go in.  I've had cramps off and on today after my appt, but nothing unbearable.
DH and I have been TTC for almost 2 yrs now.  I'm 36 and he's 40.  I hope we have the same luck as some of you other ladies how conceived after their procedure!

Good luck to you all and tons of Baby Dust!!
Missy
So glad I found this!!! I am going in for my HSG Wed (CD8) and am hoping this is the kicker!  Have very severe endo, but the doc has said my tubes looked clean in all 3 of the laps I have had in the past year, but the radiologist I spoke with today said that this test was far better.  I am on my way to hysto and need to get preggers sooner than later so I can get rid of this never ending pain, but want to have kids before doing so.  Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping this is our month!  Best wishes to everyone!  :)
Hia girls....
Ah some relief after reading this , we have been ttc for 2 years now, i had my HSG done on March 9th on cd12, n the tubes are ok,
i am just crossing my fingers this time, will keep u guys posted....
Just had my HSG yesterday and was not as horrible as I expected.  Doc said that everything looked very good and hope that they flushing will increase our chances of conceiving.  Today is CD9 and I'll start Ovu testing tomorrow, usually happens on CD12 or 13, so we're already back to doing the BD daily for the next 5 days just to be safe.  Keeping positive while also trying very hard not to stress or over analyze everything this month.  Going to spend a lot of time doing yoga and everything else I can think of to unwind and de-stress myself.  Good Luck and Baby Dust to everyone!
Hello ladies...
  I posted back on March 1st (the day of my HSG)... and yesterday we found out that we are expecting!!!  It's just incredible... we've tried for a year and a half, I was on Clomid, and it wasn't working.  So, since I had the HSG done in '05 after over a year of trying (and became pregnant that cycle), we thought this would be a good way to "complete" our journey, and see if we can have one more baby!  It worked!!  I won't see my OB until mid-April, so it'll be a long few weeks... but I am extremely excited!!  And interesting, the nurse at my last HSG procedure said she has had the procedure herslf 3 times... and has 3 children!  Wishing you all luck in your journey to parenthood!
tinytoes3- Congratulations! Thanks for coming back with positive info.  My DH and i are now on month 2 after HSG and I'm hoping this happens soon. We've been trying for over a year now. DH test came back fine, mine are all fine as well.  Dr said if still no pregnancy after three months then we will start clomid....but that worries me since i have regular AF, LH surges, BBT charts are fine therefore i should be ovulating naturally and don't understand why i would be put on clomid....but i guess time will tell and doctor knows something i don't about those meds.

Thanks again for coming back and sharing your fabulous news...take care.
tinytoes3 - Congrats on the good news!!!  That is so inspiring to hear!

northernsunshine - My "cousin-in-law" had all normal test results, BBT charting, and LH surges and got pregnant the 2nd month on Clomid.  Her doctor told her to try it because it could act like steroids for her eggs and it obviously worked, so maybe it can't hurt to try. Her husband was diagnosed with MS last year (at the age of 27) and it was very important to conceive as soon as possible for her because MS adversely affects male fertility, but her doc still made her wait 10 months before going on Clomid. Because of my severe endo, I imagine my doc will take the same philosophy since he's already had me do the HSG test after 2 months of trying, and my endometrial biopsy is scheduled for the end of this cycle, if we don't conceive this month.  I am really hoping the HSG was just the push we need for this month, I take FertileAid and FertileCM, but also went ahead and started the Geritol Tonic as well this month just to do as much as possible to push things along.  I am a slight control freak and wanted to make sure that I do everything in my power to achieve a BFP as soon as possible in order to avoid another surgery.    Good luck to you on your "efforts" and send you lots of Baby Dust!  
Wow its really amazing to read all your comments i was starting to think it was never gonna happen for us. After reading i feel so much more positive!! Me and my partner have been trying for 2 1/2 years i had my hsg on 2nd March and all is ok, Tubes are clear.
I am now 5 days late!! but the pregnancy test is Negative. Really don't know whats going on, not sure what to do now just hoping for the best.
LexS4- thanks for sharing the story of your cousin-in-law..it's inspiring to hear.  I hope that I don't need to do the clomid thing but if i do at least I feel better knowing that others who have had all normal outcomes on other tests have been successful with the clomid.  Thanks again and hope you get your BFP soon as well. SSBD to you.

Thank you ladies for your kind words!  I am 5 weeks today, so it's still very early, and I am somewhat guarded since we had a miscarriage in October.  But, there is a lot to be said for having a positive attitude... no matter what stage in this process you are in.  So for those of you trying to conceive, just relax... and be patient.  I know it's so hard, but it helps, rather than being stressed out.  My husband's aunt was in her late 30's trying to concieve (conceive) her first child (the same time we were trying for our first) and she went through everything... Clomid, shots, IVF (implanted 3 embryos)... nothing worked.  I'm not sure how much time elapsed from her last treatment... and they decided they were done trying... and then got pregnant on their own!!  Our childern are 2 weeks apart in age.  

northernsunshine... I'm praying that you will not have to go through much more waiting and that this will be your month!!  Keep us updated!!

And LexS4... good luck to you too!!  I hope this test works as well for you as it has for me!!  keep in touch!

Reef101... with my first HSG in 2004, the test was on Dec. 20th (I don't know what cycle day it was) and I didn't get a positve pregnancy test until Jan. 26th.  I was actually on Provera to get my period to start so I could start Clomid.  The nurse assumed my cycle was going to start any day, but had me do a blood pregnancy test just in case... and it was positive!  So, you could have ovulated later than expected... I am praying that you get a positive pregnancy test soon!!

Please keep us updated on your progress!!
congrats to all that had good news still no luck for me but feeling really good about this month. everyone pray and i'll have you all in my prayers as well.
Hey dearos,

I had my HSG on March 9, this yeah on cd11, tuber are open. My date was due on March 28th but till now no sign ,did the preg test ysterday, came out negative....., i am on clomid too, lets hope for the best, will do the preg test again after 1 week or so ..
wish me luck :)
Viewing 1-200 comments: