Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
pregnancy after an HSG

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 401-455 comments:
Thanks for your advice. My husband has low sperm morphology, but i'm not sure if that's the only reason why the last 3 IUIs have not worked. I've never had my tubes checked out, so i think its something i have to do. We have been trying for more than a year and its getting so frustrating so i'm trying to do everything possible, besides i have quite a high threshold for pain. Thanks again. Will keep u updated on how things go.
hey ladies, I have been married for 5 yrs now and I just had the HSG test done the beginning of this mo, everything looked great the OB said, no blockages nada.... my hubby also got his sperm tested same day and it showed he has 240 million sperm and some r slow and dont like to live long... anyone else have that problem and not able to get progo??? ok so we were seperated for about 8 mos and I was with another guy and got nocked up 3 times in that 8 mos, all to misscarrages though :[ doc says from stress and lifting my 80 pds disabled 7 yr old that is from a differant dad and wasnt planed at all!!! it was a one time fling and 5min and I was prego and even on birth control at the time!!!  just wanding if anyone else has had babies with slow and short living sperm??? thanks....
Hi everyone,

I am new to this, I had my HSG done today, doctor told me stop trying to conceive this month, she told me the antibiotic and radioactive is not good for baby and after 5 days of antibiotic, my ovulation period is over.

I am a bit confuse and I would like to know is there anyone taking antibiotic after HSG and fall pregnant for the same month ?
I'm getting my first HSG test on Monday and my doctor gave me a strong antibiotic to take the night before.  She said I will have double the chances of getting pregnant the next couple of months due to the test.
My husband said he would like to try again this month, we are just too desperate to have baby, keep our fingers cross !
Hi - I came to my office from the doctor - they were supposed to do the HSG today. However, they could not get the tube past through the cervex! It was soooo painful because they were poking inside to go through and it hurt really bad! THey digged it for 25 minutes but no way. Have you ever had this experience? I don't know what the next steps are but my doctor said this maybe the reason. Anybody who had this experience before?
hello everybody once again AF  has come to visit me july 7th :(  bummer!!!!!!  
so im going to schedule appt for clomid . and I bought clear blue fertility monitor for 200 dollars and test strips are running around 52.00. bummer again.  but what ever it takes to get the results.  good luck everybody////  sprinkles/////////
finally started my clomid yesterday :) go back for my scan on 21st hoping they with inject me :) ill be bk online once all that has happened ....best of luck everyone is only a matter of time :) ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
thats wonderful hun!!!!!!!!! its only a matter time.  Goooooooooood LUCK  
Hi All,

I am 27 years old and I am from India. I read all these post almost daily. Me and My husband we are TTC from the past 2 years with no luck . I had my HSG done on 22nd June last month. I had read all the sucess stories and wish the same for me. My period is due on 17thJuly and i am hoping thme not to come. :). Please wish me all the luck and I badly want to enjoy the montherhood.
All of baby dust to all TTC.
Im prayin for you as well .  welcome and Im on this website daily as well so keep posting with all your updates. I schedule my appt for clomid next thurs at 11am so im going to see if this will help.  will keep you posted!!!!!!!!
Welcme sonia ... I too am from India ... Which state in India are u from ?...

@Evryone : I am Cd21 today . i am trying naturally this month .From CD 1 I took grapefruit juice and carrot juice . 2 to 3 glasses of grape fruit juice each day till day 14 . I normally ovulate only late arount CD 22 or so , but this time Grape juice did the miracle , I ovulated ( saw the EWCM ) on CD15 . PRESEED is not available in India (my info) .I drank lots of carrot juice hoping that I ll have lot of fertile CM .
Now I am on my TWW.from 1dpo I am experincing sore breats and nipps  also  headache and fever ... Not keeping much hopes ... and dunnot know whether its the grapefruit juice or increased progestrone thats giving the symptoms ...

@mc_kenziava ... too sad ur AF came .. did it arrive early this cycle ???

Thanks for your wishes. My AF arrived on 15 July itself... :(. (I was very frustrated to see that )as i have a 28 days cycle. My doc has advised me to take Tab " Letrozyle" from CD2 to CD6 and i am following that schedule now. Lets see what happens this month. I hope something good is stored for me.
@godskid84... I am from New Delhi. Where are you from? and how do you check your ovulation date?
I am from Cochin. I too have been ttc for 2+ years .. exactly 2 years and one month ..
I dont  have any methods to track the ovulation except for the EWCM ... that too has reduced after my HSG ( no idea whether  HSG is the culprit) ... For three months i had daily scan to see if i ovulated . 6 months with HCG injection to make sure i ovulate ...lots of IUIs...
but this month is different .. I  have started anew ... trying on our own ... I took 3 or 4 glasses of grape juice from CD1 to the day i saw EWCM .. and also orange juice to make sure i have lots of fertile CM to help the sperms swim up and reach the target . :).. There is a product preseed which is a sprem friendly lubricant that helped lots of women get preggo .. but saldy tht too is not available in india..not even  online shops ship em to India .. please let me know if this is available in Delhi
I had sore bbs and nips from 1dpo ... this is diff for me ...
hey question? you are drinking grape fruit juice to help with cervical mucus? so that is giving you the egg white mucus? Im going to try that. but here in VA they sell the preseed in our local walgreens, so im going to buy that and see how that works. and some grape juice. or should I buy grape fruit juice?
Hi dear... I would suggest .. you try both ... have grapefruit juice at least one glass from cd1 to the day you feel is ur O' day .Have carrot juice also if possible .. that can increase the fertility of the CM ... Good that preseed is available in your place ...
My prayers for all who are waitng to get BFPs...
I have been TTC for long time. I have gone through the HSG last month, both tubes are clear. Due to unexplained infertility, my doctor carrying on another test on my husband's sperm, and he found out that my husband have antisperm antibody, this can explain why I am not able to conceive. For my case, I am not sure if the IUI will help but to follow hospital procedures that I must go through IUI before IVF.
My husband was very upset why doctor only found this problem yesterday, I am not young anymore, if we knew this is the cause, we would have taken the necessary action by not wasting too much time.

I would like to suggest to whom have unexplained infertility problem, please ask your doctor to check for antisperm antibodies, it can be done through blood test on both
partner, baby dust to all !

I had an HSG in April after an EP in January... The HSG came back normal and the dr did say it could help fertility but I wasn't planning on trying to get pregnant for a while, I just wanted to make sure it was worth trying when I did decide to... Here we are at the end of July and I am 7w3d pregnant... Shocked but excited... I have my first appt on Monday, hoping to see the lil guy and a heart beat so I can rest easier at night... Hold on girls, it does happen.
Congrats msjlacy ...
I am here on my 4th cycle after HSG ... CD 5 today .. trying naturally ... after leaving everything to god ...

@LondonAngie : Thnak you so much for the information ... BTW , what treatment does your RE suggest next ?Is there a medicine or cure for getting rid of  "anti sperm antibodies" ?could you please ask about this to your RE and post the answer?
I am new to this site and I have been reading the stories that you ladies have posted and I have the same feelings. I went for an HSG test last Tuesday and I have to say that that was the worst feeling that I have ever felt...but my threshold for pain is Im sure, slightly lower then others lol. Just to give a little background on my situation, I am 25 yo and my DH and I have been trying to conceive "officially" for a combined total of 1+ yrs, even though we did nothing to prevent it for a much longer period then that. I had been told that I have signs of PCOS with my irregular or absent cycles and that it would take me a little longer then most to get pregnant. So after having a hcg blood test done to confirm pregnancy or not just as a routine matter, I was told that I had a reading of a 5 which meant it could go either way but it also could be a sign of early pregnancy (YAAAAYYYY) Well, after repeating it on doctors orders, it dropped drastically to a 1...needless to say, I was heart broken. So, with my "all clear" from my OB/GYN, I went in for the HSG test. A few days later, I received a call from my doctors office to tell me that my left fallopian tube is completely blocked but my right onw is just fine and that you can still conceive with jut one tube. After having an all day meltdown, I decided to go ahead with scheduling the infertility specialist appointment and gather my thoughts to truck on through another doctors prognosis. As I wait for the appt. to arrive, I have googled, as googling is my frenemy lol, I have read where a lot of people who had the HSg test done, even with a blocked tube(s), have concevied in literally a few months. So now that I have pretty much put my whole conception history on the table, I am hoping that you lovely ladies will be able to give me some personal insight on how things have gone for you.....THANK YOU!!!! ~~~~~~And I want to send baby dust to all~~~~~~
congrats to you on your pregnancy !!!  its always good to hear good news.   well im waiting on my AF. again lol so i cant start my first cycle of clomid!!!  BUMMER.  I didnt want to start meds as i was trying to concieve (conceive) naturally but a little extra push wont hurt. so we will see. keep you posted. babyy   dusstt to all
all the best dear
Hi to all of you... was reading your posts and feeling satisfied or you can say disappointed as well... since i am also trying to conceive for last 7 months but with no + result... my Gyn initially said that i have picture ovary and have no problem and it is just taking time like that... but as a human nature i have consulted another gyn and took second opinion she wrote me some test and HSG was the last one she wrote, thankfully all my blood test came normal and HSG also normal Doc said my both tubes are open... but procedure of HSG test was horrifying for me i had bleeding for two days i had stool and vomits just after HSG test but i was quite better after a pain killer and with hot water bag and by the evening i was fine...i had my last period on 13th July and HSG on 26th July...but till date i have not got my periods done the hot today it came negative was really disappointed as i was confident that i was pregnant but bad luck...
I am very regular with my periods in fact i called my gyn and asked her will the HSG test change my AF date but he said no it wont... and now i am already over 10 days? can i still be pregnant or this is normal after HSG test...
Please write back to me ppl...
some of the intial posts in this forum says that HSG has interfered with the AF ...
Yes that i read... thanks so much... is that means i did not ovulate this month and will i get my period next month now?
Hi Lydia, I had my HSG on the 11th of august and was due to ovulate two days later, was told that my tubes weren't blocked and the dye was able to get through without any problems!, my partner has been tested also and he's fine as well, although I've never once been pregnant and have been TTC for about a year/two years and still nothing. Fingers crossed this month we will both get good news!
hi Kelly, I am in the same boat as you  are . I also had been trying for two years  , but still not conceived .I have never got pg before . My tubes were also not blocked , but I did an HSG. Also both me and hubby have all the good results for all the tests . We are trying naturally now (after an IUI after HSG) . I hope you get preg this month itself . Let us all pray for the bfp .
sdmam,
The month I did HSG , i dint get any indication of the egg white CM .after two months , I am getting my EWCM .I am not charting bbt.I track the CM changes only .

since I had HSG , I have pain in right side of my abdomen .... right side below my navel , when I strain too much physically . Anyone has got that after HSG ?It is the4th month after HSG.
Hey... thanks Godskid84 for your inputs..

Its good that u actually follow ur CM i dont even do that as i can not make difference between when i am ovulating and when not... anyway i still havent got my periods, after my bfn my gyn suggested me a tablet for 5 days and she told me if i am not pg i will get my AF after 5 days and if i m pg (hoping) then it will support my pregnancy..so let see what will happen now...
after HSG like you i am also having pain on and off throughout the month in lower abdomen but having no discharge..
Hope you will conceive this month and give us good news fast :) stay positive..

@ Kelly, hoping for your bfp and baby dust to all..

Hello All,

I wanted to post because my husband of 3 years really wants a baby! I have a 12 yr old daughter and a soon to be 10yr old son, my husband has 3 kids of his own in which the mothers uses the kids against him because he chose not to be with them.
I had an IUD for over 5 years prior to last yr, then I got it in again in which it was in for about maybe a year and it was removed via surgery due to me having complications in june 0f 2010. I went in feb 2011 for my annual exam and I told my doctor that I was TTC, she told me to wait until it has been a yr, so I went to the doctor this monday august 22, 2011 and she told me to call her next month on the first day of my menstural so that she can schedule me for a HSG. I am hoping that this HSG help me to concieve (conceive) as it has for a few of the women on this post, my huband will be SOOOOOOOO EXCITED! baby dust to you all***************
Thankyou sdmam ... What sort of medicine is that your gyn gave you ? did you ask her what sort of medicine it is ? Please post the details ,It would be an extra information for me.
I really hope we will be able to see lot of "hey ..i Got by BFP today  "posts soon in this forum ... God.. god ..god ..please help us all ... :) :) :)
hi all

l have beeb trying to concieve (conceive) for 8years with no success,l had my my HSG on the 19th of august it was the most horrible thing l have never experienced l fel so much pain as the gyn was explaining to me that my pelvic was small..l had the test and only bleed for a day the n stopped.lm hoping l fall pregnant this month finger crossed..l pray that it happens.
Hi Godskids84,

The name of the medicine is "Duphaston" and its a dydrogesterone 10 mg tablets and its a 5 days course 2 tabs a day (one morning and one evening)... today is my 5th day and yesterday i have got some spotting but not flow... i am wondering what is it but for sure that i am not pg this time...
Just wondering how do i calculate my ovulation period this month?
If any of you have experienced the same situation please write back in this forum and sahre your experience... crossing the finger for u and babclare...

Good luck :)
hi,
I am new to this community.I have done HSG in August 23rd doctor said their is no blockage. She said sometimes after HSG woman conceives. She call me after 2 months. It was little bit painful but I hope I'll concieve (conceive) soon. Sometimes think if not then what next. All reports are OK then don't know why not happening.
We ll also pray for you .... Do update your success story .... hope u ll b e able to update it soon...
Hi everyone..Im new here and have never posted before..just wanted to share my experience so far of ttc. We've been trying for almost 2 yrs now. I've had tons of bloodwork done that came back normal, fiance had sperm checked twice..also normal and about 2 weeks ago i had an hsg test done. I was so scared of this test! Wasnt sooo bad..had some cramping (like bad period cramps that lasted only as long as the actual test did) Literally, once everything was in place..whicih took prob 4-5 mins he put the dye thru (which lasted prob a minute) and i could see it all happening on the screen. So my pain didnt last longat all..I had very little spotting for the rest of that day then none at all..was a bit tender in my abdomin (abdomen) tho the next day if i moved a certain way or coughed..other than that..my test and the results were perfect. so, now i go for another appointment in a week to discuss what we do next. Im thinking my doc will say either theres nothing wrong just keep trying (which will be extremely frustrating) or maybe he will put me on clomid or something just to try (which im hoping) We've never wanted anything so badly in our lives as mich as we want a baby...goodluck to all of u ttc..i hope it happens soon for all of us!
Hi ,
Doctors say that the first three months after HSG , ur chances of conceiving are great.Wishing you all luck and hope u ll update us about your success story as soon as possible.
I have PCOS and i have been trying to concieve (conceive) for 2 years. I had an hsg done about two weeks ago and my tubes are open everything else is good as well. My husband sperm count is 21 million but are slow i start on clomid my next ms lately i have been cramping really bad i teally want i child someone please help
Thanks. Doc told me from the temp charts ive beeen keeping, he cannot say for sure i ovulated at all over the summer..even thou i get my periods every month just at different times. So he put me on 100mg of serophene to be taken on cd 3-7 which i did and now it is cd9 so it will be time for hubby and me to get down to business and hopefully make a baby before xmas! Praying it works for us first round! PERFECT christmas present it would be!
I'm new here! So for the past week I took out the time to read each and every post! I want to say congratulations to everyone the got that BFP and gave birth! So today I went and had a HSG done. I'm on CD7. It was a tad bit painful. I just thought of it being like giving birth would feel. I love my Dr. An she was very informative during the entire procedure. I was so excited when it was over tho. LOL. I felt like I had to do #2. At first the RD thought it wasn't passing on the right but it was. I did have to lean to my left though. I'm very glad to say it passed on both side an my tubes are clear. She said go get cleaned up and keep using the prenatal pills and to start doing the BD. She also referred my fiance to a place where he can get a sperm analysis. I really hope all this pays off so I can get that BFP! I will keep everyone posted on my progress.** baby dust to all**
Hi, i just went through and read everyone's comments. I'm 25, ttc for 5 years. I just went for my HSG on Feb 23. It was painful to me, but they said everything looked clear. My husband has also been tested, his sperm count was rather low, he has an appointment this month for that, but i'm hoping for the best. Good luck to everyone else! Baby dust to all!
Unfortunately AF came this month, maybe next month :)
I have ttc for 8 years. I am having the hsg test done cd 10. I only have one tube, and hope it is still open or this will open it up. I have done major research on fertility and know about charting and such.

I had my HSG done a few days ago.The doctor was able to inject the dye after trying for about 4 times..he told me that my cervix is tight and that is the reason I am not getting pregnant...anyone having similar issues...any idea what is the treatment...Can i conceive naturally?
  I am 30 have been ttc for about 1year now but before that ihavent been on bc for almost 4 years no form of bc with no results. I am on 5th month of clomid and just had hsg test yesterday morning the test was clear both tubes open but about 6 hours after the test I cramped so bad and I almost passed out while trying to use the restroom. Idk if this a normal effect of the hsg? So I am using a heating pad and trying to wait for it to pass. Hoping that in the next couple months we will conceive. Good luck to you all!
I just did a hsg on Thursday...due to ovulate on Wednesday. I am definitely BDing...hoping for a BFP this cycle. As for my hsg....it was not painful during but about an hour after I got home horrible cramps. My right tube showed up open and a spasm on the left.
Pray for me everyone...been ttc for over a year.
Good luck to you all.
now i read your post,I am also in same position ,i wish you all the best
Hi friends, i had my lap and dye test on 1st aug and didnt notice the ovulation. Waiting for good result this month itself . Baby dust to u all wish me luck...... im 28 yrs old and waiting morethan a year...:(
I have been in bondage ever since my husband left for another woman due to l could never give birth, It was really hell for me and everybody told me to forget about him but i could not because i love him so much, Things get worse until my friend Rose introduced me to this great  DR.TAMAZAKI and i contacted him through his email  dr.***@****,i explain everything to him and he cast a spell for me immediately after 11 days, everything turn around l started having signs that l was pregnant l felt it then l went to see a doctor and had a test and he confirmed that l was indeed pregnant of a baby boy it still look like a dream to me today but am grateful that l have a son and Ahmed came to me on his knee begging for forgiveness that i am the one and only woman in his life now. i was surprise i have never seen such a miracle in my life. I am so thankful to this man and i will forever publish his name, my dear friend if you feeling like giving up on whatever problem you have like cancer anything just contact him,Am short of words right now once again thank you Dr.tamazaki for giving me this wonderful song on my lips contact him on dr.***@**** or +2348185277879"
I too had problem with them trying to find my cervix, eventually she did, but she had to dig around for ages, but just keep trying you will get there :) good luck
Going to have my hsg next month, really hopeful as read all the positive comments on here, I'm 28 and have been trying to conceive for 5 years with hubby and nothing. I have 2 boys from previous relationship,  hubby's had sperm test results all good, I've had blood tests again results all good, regular periods and ovulate!  So hopefully this hsg is what I need to clear out the cobwebs ( so to speak ) here's hoping...
Viewing 401-455 comments: