pregnancy after an HSG
I just had my HSG done last week (after 19 months of ttc). She said the tubes were clear. I was wondering if anyone here has had this done (I ovulate in the next 2 days so my fingers are crossed). I read somewhere that the chances of getting pregnant after an HSG increase significantly. Does anyone here know anything about this or even had this done and had a better success rate?
I had an HSG done yesterday and found out that my right tube is blocked.  My doctor has suggested a Laproscope to find out what is going on.  This morning, I'm online doing a little reading up on the subject and came across this website.  Has anyone else here had these problems and/or had to have a Laproscopic test performed?  My husband and I have been TTC for a year and a 1/2, but have just recently taken it to a fertility doc.  As of right now, I'm not on any kind of meds to help, just wondering if this is the normal steps that most people have to take.....

Any comments would be appreciated as it's already helped just to know that we're not alone :)
Had HSG on September 25th. Period was Due October 18th. I'm 2-3 days late. Pregnancy test negative. Felt nauseated a few days ago. Don't know what's up. Stressed and a little depressed!!! Anyone have this happen to them and end up with positiive results?
I had HSG in August. Both my tubes are blocked. I am scheduled for a Lap and dye next week. Since having the HSG I get period cramps around ovulation time.  Think IVF is the only next option.
I had HSG a year ago and still  no baby, just had myomectomy and d&c surgery now im waiting for ovulation to happen!
All this info has been very helpful!  I have one question... I had an HSG today and am on the antibiotic Doxycycline for the next 6 days.  Does anyone know if it's OK to TTC this month even though I will be on the antibiotic?  Thanks!! :)
Its never good to TTC when on antibiotic especially that one that and infection stopper lol but what did your doctor tell you ..........I would wait after the 6 days or until ur doctor give green lights to go ahead
I will see my Dr. this Wednesday, so I'll ask her then, but just wanted to see if anyone on here knew since I'm anxious to know. Lol. :)
Hi.  I had my HSG last Wed & was also on Doxycycline from the day before til Sat.  My doctor knows I'm ttc & that I'm O'ing this week & never mentioned that I shouldn't try.  I think it's safe, as long as you've stopped the meds before you O.  Let me know what your doctor says, though.  I have my u/s tomorrow, so I'll double check anyway :)
Thanks for the info.  I will let you know what my Dr. says on Wednesday!  Good luck to you! :)
Hey, I completely forgot to ask my doctor today!  I had so many other questions & it just slipped my mind.  I'm really sure it's okay, so long as you stop it before you O.  I took my last pill on Sat. & O'd today!  Woo-Hoo! :-)  If you remember, let me know what your doc says tomorrow.
Ok, so I had my Dr. appointment today w/ my new infertility Dr. and I really like her!  She was so helpful and explained everything to me,... much better than my regular OB.  Anyways... when I asked her whether or not we could TTC this month, she said YES!  She told me not to use pertection until I had a baby. :)  However, since I'm not on Clomid this month, she doesn't think I will actually O.  I'm hoping that I do, but am not going to get my hopes up too high.  Good luck and keep me posted on your progress! =)
I have been TTC for 2 1/2 years. Just had my HSG yesterday. Tiny bit of pain, but other wise piece of cake. No blocked tubes!
I am on antibiotics too, I am just going to wait another couple days to try to concieve b/c I think having sex could contribute to bacteria inside of you. Which is why we are taking the antibiotics to make sure we dont get any infection b/c of the HSG!
But dont get me wrong I will be doing the baby dance ASAP. At least once or twice before I ovulate!
I hope my cobwebs have been cleard too. Hope the HSG works!
Chrissy:  I sent you a note, but thanks for the info!  That's great that you're happy with your RE.  I hope you do O.  Good luck!

kokomo:  That's great that you got the HSG behind you & you didn't have any pain :)  I waited to bd, too, until after my last antibiotic.  Still plenty of time to do the baby dance before you O!  Best wishes to you !!! :)
This site is so encouraging.  I had my HSG on 11/12.  Wasn't has bad has I have heard it was.  Yay for me!  Still waiting to O. Hopefully this will be our month after ttc for 14 months.  We're keeping our fingers crossed, but trying not to get over excited.
I have been trying to conceive in the last 14months, got preggis after 4 months on clomid and lost it to a lousy ectopic that ripped my right tube. I had a Laporoscopy on Mother Day (of all days). Months later I went on clomid but no preggies..I had my HSG done yesterday Wed 19 Nov the RE said my pelvis was high up eventually he got in the dye into my left tube. He was not happy with the spill so he tried again and it spilled but he said it was not spilling as well as he would loved it.

I am grateful for the glass being half-full rather than half empty. RE said there might be a scar... but I am greatful there was a spill. I do have a large fibroid but am hoping on the good Lord to clear my reproductive path so that I can have a baby. I am 35 yrs and am blessed with a beautiful 22 months old son and I love him and would like  2 more sibblings for him.

I would love twins. Baby Dust to you ALL.
Hi all, here is my story. I have been trying for almost nine months with no luck. My husband has a son from his previous relationship. He is nine years old. I had an HSG and both my tubes were cleared! The RE said that the dye slipped pretty good and everything looked normal. Prior to the HSG I had a vaginal ultrasoung and everything looked normal as well. My hormones level are where they need to be right after my cycle. I have been having problems with my cycle since I stopped the bcp in February. My cycle has been really irregular. So my RE recommended an HSG. I had my HSG on 11/21/08. So let's see what this month brings for us...hoepfully a BFP.

Has anyone gotten preggo right after it? It was not painful at all for me! It was a piece of cake, not pain, no bleeding, no nothing. I got right up and walked around like nothing had happened.

Any suggestions
ur lucky..........I cramped so bad and puked tmi lol but it didnt unblock my tubes ..............
Hi All,
I had an HSG test on Day 6 of my cycle. I have to say that the pain was horrific!!! Right after- it wasnt too bad, but about 2 hours later the cramps and pressure were horrible!!! I didnt think it was going to be that bad either, but oh well, the dr. said my tubes were fine so now i'm just waiting to ovulate on day 17. I hope i have a success story like a lot of others on this site!! Good Luck to all!!
I have my HSG test on CD11 wich is this coming monday.  i think i'll ovulate around xmas.  Wish me luck & baby dust to EVERYONE!~!!
Hi!  This is my first time on this site.  I am 35 and my husband and I have been trying for one year to get pregnant.  I had my first HSG test yesterday, and it did not hurt it all.  I had no bleeding and my tubes were clear.  My doc. did not put me on antibiotics though, so I hope no infection.  I had the test done on CD10.  Does anyone know how soon we can have sex?  Good luck to all of you who are trying.  FYI:  I was freaked about the test, and I totally overreacted.  It was like getting a pap.  No big deal.  So, ladies don't worry if you are getting one done soon.