Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
pregnancy with two uterus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

pregnancy with two uterus

I have two uterus and was wondering if it is possible to get pregnant and I was wondering if you could carry a baby to full term.  Also is there any other concerns I should be aware of?
You have 2 uterus'es?Wow...nanis
As far as I know, it is completely possible. It is even possible, with a little stretching of the imagination that you could get pregnant in both uteruses at once. Do they both lead to your cervix, or do you have two cervixes? I would suspect that the biggest risk would be an increased chance of C-section.
Have you heard of someone being their own twin? This means that they were fraternal twins that fused very early after conception, and were still viable, and formed a single child. Some of these have duplicate organs. They have two separate sets of DNA, and different organs, or even parts of organs have different DNA from what may show in the hair or blood. Maybe you already know the cause of your unique difference, but if not, maybe this is food for thought.
You may consider asking your OBGYN for a Hysterosalpingiogram (HSG) if you haven't had one done. This will show by x-ray the exact anatomy of your uteruses, and fallopian tubes.
Hi, I have two uteri as well.  It's called uterine didelphys and yes, it is possible to become pregnant and carry the baby to term.  I got pregnant at 18 and delivered my son 11 days before the due date.  He was in my right uterus, and since it was small and there wasn't much room for him to grow, he was only 5 lbs. 10 oz.  Also, it was a spontaneous delivery (as in common with UD) and he was footling breech.  I literally walked into the hospital at 3:20 am, he was born at 3:38 am, and I was in recovery at 3:55 am.  He had really good apgar scores.

It is definitely hard to conceive with UD and most women have to have c-sections, but it can be done.  I've read about a number of women with stories similar to mine.

My problem in conceiving now is that I was just recently dx with hypothyroidism and I suspect I have PCOS.

If you're like me, you have to have two pap smear cultures at each yearly gyno visit, no? :)
Yes I do have two paps smears.  It is hard now for you to concieve (conceive).  Why?? Please explain the short forms.  Thanks
I have two uteruses and two cervixis. It's called a didelphuis reproductive system. And when we were trying to get pregnant, we got pregnant with twins. One in each uterus. I was completely shocked! Their are no twins in either my husbands family nor mine. It only happened because of my two uteruses and two cervexis. It's very rare, and my doctors have not seen this happen before. But their are about 13 cases worldwide with similer pregnancy's only these twins are born at different times. Like weeks! Can you imagine, so incredible! Their are acctually quite a few women with two uteruses that have had a many children. 20 years ago epileptic pregnant women, where given a type of medication that at the time they didn't know, but it formed the female babies reproductive system differently, sometimes. Thats what happened in my case. So they answer to your question, you can deffinetly have a baby, and their shouldn't be any complications.
I have two uterus' and i have been trying to have a baby for over a year, not sure if my lack of conception has anything to do with my condition, anyone else have a problem conceiving?
I have uterine didelphys . I am 14 weeks with a baby in each uterus. I would love to hear more of your story. This is a rare pregnancy and to talk to someone who has been in this situation would be wonderful.
I have two uterus and two cervix. (Uterine Didelphys) I have two children and I am now pregnant with twins. A baby in each uterus. I had to have a HSG done before conceiving my first child to see how my stuff was set up. It's where they insert dye into your cervix. (This is said to also give all your tubes a good cleaning.) I was pregnant my next cycle. My next child took 16 months of trying. My current pregnancy took about that long as we. So I believe this condition does make it hard to conceive. In my case I might ovulate in one side but not the other where the sperm had traveled. It always seemed liked hit or miss. The way I understand it is you have a period from the ovulating side. Thats why some may be heavier than others. You just never know which side is doing what. I am not a doctor, but I have experienced  15 years of knowing I had Uterine Didelphys. I hope this may help you and others.
I have two uterus two cervix and 1 ovarie and 1 fallopean tube!! I have bee trying to concieve (conceive) for a year and a half!! does anyone have this same situation
I have two uterus as well and i also have low progestrone levels. I just had a second misscarriage after 7 wks. I'm very frustrated
I have 2 uterus' and 2 cervix and my husband and I are starting to try probably next month.  I am 32 and was always worried that I'd have issues getting pregnant when all of the people I know get pregnant on the first "try".  This has been really helpful and I hope that I have a wonderful experience like you did.
I was just told today that I have 2 uterus'.  I only have one cervix though.  My husband has low morphology on his SA and we will repeat this month.  Now that my tubes got their "good cleaning" as everyone has told me, maybe something magical will happen.
My husband is trying to digest this news of 2 uterus' too.
my friend carried a baby to full term and had a bicornipicated uterus, as well as endometriosis.
So this is going to sound like a dumb question probably, but on gray's anatomy they had this same kind of case (I know, I know...tv...sorry!) but the gal was at different points in each of the pregnancies.  For all of you ladies were the babies at the same week or conceived at different times?  I know that is just tv, but was wondering if that is actually possible?
Thanks!
-Melissa
Well after two miscarriages with my two uterus my Dr is sending me to a fertility specialist to see if they can help. I'm so nervous to hear bad news,but I'm excited to see if I can try again after a september miscarriage, still nervous though that it will happen again or even worse later in my pregancy. Does anyone else have two uterui with two horns and one cervix and one vagina? I wonder if one cervix makes me less of a risk? I also have low progestrone levels. They put me on prochieve for that. Any incite out there?
I went to the fertlity specialist this week. He did a sonagram with dye in my uterus and found that the septum only goes up about half way. He can do sugrery, but can't promise a good outcome. He is reccommending IVF with my sister as a seragit mother. He said its a reproductive nightmere. I know i'm lucky to have my sister do this for me, but I wanted to expierence everything.
Hi i dont know what you are going through with this i am taking clomid but i know its no where near the same but i did want to give you my opinion if that is ok. I see that he can do surgery i would do that even knowing that your chances arent great and then if that does not work then i would go with the ivf with you sis. but i understand wanting to carry your child and all the love that you would feel in that nine months but with a suragate then i am sure you will bond in other ways and you can keep your figure..lol.. whatever you do i wish you the best of luck and keep me posted if you click on my name you can leave me a private message and let me know. again good luck and God bless
Amanda
is it possible to get pregnant if you have an endometriosis at the same time two uterus??? please help.

Culot
you should probably have surgery to remove the endometrious. they can do that safely and then you would be able to get pregnant much easier.
Thanks but I had gone thru dilatation and curettage last june 2007 but until now I cant get pregnant. What should I do?
I have two uterus also and I was w a partner for 7yrs we parted and I met my now fiance we were trying to conceive for a few months and I got pregnant so it is possible to get preg even if it takes a while so dont give up. I was so happy when I found out but having two uterus also means that you can have a high risk pregnancy meaning the possibilities could be of going into pre-term labor, or having a miscarriage. I am now going on 4months and everything is good my baby is healthy as can be and I just pray, and pray, everyday. Having two uterus can be scary only because of being in a high risk pregnancy but its okay at least we know its not just one of us its alot of us and it is possible to get pregnant and to have a healthy child Goodluck to everyone and God bless....... Jennifer*
I am in the same boat I have a heart shaped ,two cervixs and uterus. how can I have so much woman parts but have more male hormons. they call it P.C.O.S. so carrying a baby and getting pregnant is so hard for me .My obgyn said to have surgary and make it into one but I am realy afraid the feelings will not be the same and what if something goes wrong and I end up with nothing.I pray to god to bless me with a child i hope oneday my faith will pay off.
I think the wose part is having a double period every month each side has its own timing some months i bleed for 2 weeks or one week both same time bad bad week for me I get very weak
Hi everybody,
I am a student at Penn State and I'm 19 years old. I recently have been told that I have two uterus. I am pregnant now, I was pregnant before, but end up having to get an emergency ENC. I am not sure if I have twins yet I have to go back for another ultrasound at the end of the month. I hope I don't have twins, because that runs in my family a lot as well as the fathers family and my sister just gave birth to twins on the 27th of December. They say I'm high risk pregnancy and I am so confused and scared.
Hi Jennifer188, Im not sure if you will still be logging on to this site but I wanted to ask how you are now with your pregnancy? Is everything still going well for you? I have 2 uterus and 2 cervix and am 4 months pregnant, I have just got back from the hospital and have been told that we are higher risk than previously thought due to having 2 seperate uterus rather than heart shaped, I knew we were high risk but today has made us worry even more about the future and we have been told our aim is to get to 26 weeks so 9 more to go, then more thereafter hopefully. Its such a scary time right now and I guess I wanted to speak to someone who was going through or had gone through the same as me, with hopefully a positive outcome...
Trinity
I have a nise she has two uterus she is pregnant with a boy and a girl. I never heard of nothing like this before. My mother has two uterus to. I am a twin but we are from one uterus. I ask God blessing one each of you. only have faith no matter how long it take it will come. sometime stress can be the reason for not conceiving.
I have UD as well and gave birth to my little girl 11 years ago. While I was pregnant, the uterus that wasn't carrying my child created a lining like it was and it came out post natal in baseball size blood splattering that landed my in the ER 3 times from blacking out.

My husband and I are thinking about having another child but I am in great fear of blacking out again due to loss of blood.

To the ladies that gave birth, did you experience this as well? If so, when you had a second child, did this happen again? Is there anything you can do to prevent/treat this?
A friend of mine has two uteruses and one fallopian tube. She has two childrend and got pregnant no problem.
Hi all,
My husband and i have just found out that i have a heart shaped uterus and he has a mobility count of 2% i would love to know if anyone has had the same happen to them and i f they had a child. We have been trying for the last 5 years and it gets very hard. Can some please tell me it will happen we a re very desprate. I already have one child to a previous partner and everything went fine i was two weeks over due and i had a natural birth.
So I just recently had my second miscarry and the doctor told me that I need to see a specialist. He said the specialist will do surgery. I am worried that the surgery wont work and then I will never experience having a child. I am so sad and feel so horriable because my husband wants children so bad, and I can't.
Do any of you have any other birth anomalies?  My daughter has this same condition (she's 4 years old) -- 2 cervixes, 2 uteruses -- she has VATER syndrome.  I was just wondering if any of you had anything else.  
Thank you,
Gena
I also have UD but only 1 cervix that is tilted.  I have had 2 M/Cs in 2002 and 2005(went in for checkups and there was NO heartbeat) followed with DNCs, but am 24 weeks pregnant now in my left uterus.  Everything seems to be on track this time around except we are stationed in Belgium.  The hardest part is not having  anyone to compare myself to and know if anything is wrong.  I like my Dr. for the most part, but its hard being "different".  I guess any stories or advice from someone that has been through this would be great.  Thanks again.

Sonya
I  too Have two cervixs and twp uterus i was 18 when i got pregnant and had no idea that i had this problem. Until i had an ultrasound that showed a mass on the right side so i was sent to get an mri and that is when I found that out. But i was mostly curious to know if any of you ladies also have one kidney. I have two cevix two uteruses and one kidney and i just found out a year ago please let me know if you have the same thanks
I also only have 1 kidney (the left) missing my right.
I have 2 Uterus but only 1 cervix so can only ever get pregnant on the left side. I had my girl at just under 26 weeks gestation. They told me she ran out of room & wouldn't ever be able to carry full term.
I didn't know about this problem till after she was born.
Hi girls

Pregnant 3rd time , 2 wombs, 2 cervix, normal kidneys, 2 bladders and was born with two bowels, one in one of the cervix/uterus area but removed at birth.  I have had a little boy first born at 32 weeks, no problems, just needed to stay in special care for 2 weeks for feeding and temperature help (although did get steriods in on time before birth for his lungs!), lost a baby girl at 23 weeks in other womb I think due to scarring from ops as baby and have always been told that womb was slightly smaller that left.

What a relief it is to find such a site. I have been hopeing for one for so long as feel so different.  I do have a few extra bits and pieces to add to the list so still feel a bit different.

Just wanted all to know that I had had one successful birth although prem and 32 weeks, and am now 30 weeks preg with 3rd and all ok so far. Just not sure what to do if I go further that 32 weeks. Worried I could rupture or something.

I lost my baby girl last year at 32 weeks, she seemed to be fine so pretty sure it was due to scarring in area and smaller womb.

This preg has been one of the scariest things I have ever done but hopefully I should get another healthy baby at the end.  I've been given steriods this week and just a scary waiting game now to see how long I go.

As with conception, it took 1 1/2 years for first two preg but only a few months after I lost Melanie. In my first two preg, had dye test done to check all ok and fell preg next month with both, definately recomment that test, seems to work for me anyway!  Think I fell quickly this time as only 6 months between last preg (had to wait 3 months to get coil fitted in right uterus to preven another unsuccessful preg) an perhaps the coil helped as stopped body trying to conceive in both uteruses and just started concentrating on the other one. Seemingly your Fallopian tubes and ovaries cat turn around etc in responce to problems with uteruses..the body is amazing!  

Anyway, hope this gives some of you hope. Remember I have other duplications and scar tissies, hence the further risk of per-term labour and subsequent loss of me baby so don't worry too much about that. I have read of many cases go on to have twins and normal pregnancies to 36 weeks.

Take care all
Since both of you had problems 26 week and 23 week...How did you know something was wrong.  I just hit 25 weeks and always concerned I wont know if something is wrong.  We are from the states, but stationed in Belgium now and my Dr. acts like its no big deal about the 2 uterus and the previous miscarriages.
Since I didn't know about the 2 uterus problem (also have only left kidney) until after my daughter was born I wasn't worried at all. I had had a scan 3 days before I went into labour cause my midwife measured the baby & she was sitting where she should of been at 32 weeks so I went for a scan but all was OK. The 2nd uterus wasn't seen in any ultra sounds. I went into labour at work (didn't realise) as was my first & then the mext morning I rang my midwife & she met me in hospital & Jess was born that night at 25 + 5days. They are unsure exactly why I went into prem labour but think that she just ran out of room. Jess was in hospital for 101 days needed oxygen till she came home, but has just turned 1 & is doing great, the size of a 9-10 month old.
I would love to try & have another but scared about prem labour again, & I think I would be too scared to do anything the whole pregnancy.
Specialist was real surprised that I hadn't had misscarriages before.
Hope all goes well.
Thanks for the info.  I worry too that I wont know if labor starts or there are problems.  My Dr. is seeing me every two weeks now so that makes me feel a little better.  I read up on all of it as much as I can and not knowing you are in labor is one of the effects of two uterus.  I guess it isnt as intense as it is for normal pregnancies.  26 weeks tomorrow for me.  Glad to hear your little one is doing well.  You both sound strong going through all you did.  Thanks again!

Sonya
My daughter has two uteri, two cervix and the upper 2/3 of her vagina are separate.  We learned of her condition when she became sexually active and the separate upper vagina caused a difficulty for intercourse.  She had an "exam under anesthesia"  for the purpose of removing what we though would be a vaginal septum and then found the whole story.  Thank goodness our gyn had previous experience with this and was a wealth of knowledge.  My daughter delivered June 15 at 33 weeks gestation.  Baby was in NICU for 10 days only for help with feeding and holding temp, but is home now ans doing great.  We look at her and think "wow, she should still be in the mommy oven for another month" and try to imagine what her movements would feel like inside her mommy.  She, too, simply ran out of room in the uterus.  We have learned that although it is possible to become pregnant in both uteri at the same time, it is highly unlikely as the hormones usually stop ovulation in the other womb.  Baby Lucy has required no respirator and all bowel functions have been fine.  We know we are truly blessed that everything went so well.  Other than the early birth, the pregnancy was completely uneventful.

suzette
What a great story!  Thanks for sharing with us.  All the info is very helpful considering there isnt much out there.  Congrats on your grandbaby!
Hi, I have two uterus and One fallopain tube, I got pregnant in my fallopain tube and they had to do surgery and take one of my fallopain tubes out so now I only have one, is there anyone out there that had the same thing happen to them that happened to me and could you let me know if I can get pregnant

thanks
TY
As far as I know you have the possibility to get pregnant!
hi- for what it's worth, i also have 2 uterus, 2 cervix, and carried my daughter to 39 weeks. it did take a while to get preggo, but turned out i had hypothyroidism, and once i started synthroid, i was preg 3 months later. we didn't find out about this until my c-section, before the birth, they thought i just had bicorneate uterus, not 2 separate ones!
I also have two uterus & 2 cervix as well. I was at the doctor's today for my yearly and told her that my husband and I have been trying. She said that the chances of getting pregant are normal but that women with didelphius uterus are more likely to have high risk pregnancies. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 3 months now and nothing has happened. I am trying to be as patient as possible but its so hard to do!
I also only have 1 kidney. I'm missing the left one.
I need info from all of you great ladies that have gone through this.
My daughter is pregnant and has two uterus she is in her 10th week now. We found out this irregularity when she was 18th because she was pregnant and lost the baby. She is now 24th and ready to have a baby and she is scared so is her husband.  I would like to know if any one of you can tell us if you were able to work through the entire pregnancy or was it to difficult and what are the symptoms that she should be aware off to prevent the miscarriage.  She is really nervous so am I.  
Yes, it is possible to have children. My mom just came home from the hospital today after undergoing a hysterectomy. She also had two uterus and I just really wanted to see how many other women could relate to her. I wasn't expecting that there would be this much women with UD. Recently, my mom was having constant bleeding and her doctor decided to do some ultra sounds..that's when they found out about the double uterus. After my brother was born my mom decided to tie her tubes and the doctor who hade done the procedure 15 years ago had noted that she had 2 uterus but no one had ever did a follow-up on it. Her doctor says that it's a true blessing to have 3 healthy children. Today I am 17 (7 more days till my bday) and very thankful that I am here today with my brother and sister. Goodluck to you all who are still trying. I wish the best for you!!
My husband and I are on our 4 month of TTC. I have 2 uterus, 2 cervix, and 1 kidney. I am so frustrated and overwhelmed because I've read so many different things on this topic. I had my annual exam done about 2 weeks ago and my doctor told me that it wasn't neccessarily hard for women to get pregnant with this condition but that it is hard to carry to full term. The chances of preterm labor are very high. I just hope that I'm not infertile and that we can actually get pregnant. We want to have a baby so badly and getting a negative test result each month is pretty devastating. I think now that we are going on month 4 we don't really get our hopes up as much anymore. Hopefully it will happen when we least expect it. Can anyone give me some advice on trying to stay stress-free during this whole process? I would be so grateful!
Hi. I was told previously that I have bicornuate unicollis uterus or 2 uteruses, 2 cervixes, 1 vagina. I found this out when I got pregnant then later miscarried at around 7 wks only. This was when I was in my mid 20's and I want to now start trying to get pregnant. I'm wondering if others have been able to get pregnant and stay pregnant...if it's difficult or unlikely to conceive. I had an ultrasound done at that time and it said that one of the uteruses was very small and the other one was normal or larger. Is it possible to get pregnant and stay pregnant with this condition? Any info. or experiences would be helpful. thank you!!
The Dr. told me the same thing that it shouldnt be difficult to get pregnant, but with this pregnancy it took over 2 years, so sometimes I dont think they know.  It was hard waiting and not knowing each month, but the odds are in your favor of getting pregnant.  A lot of people have fertility problems, not just us double uterus gals.  Honestly when we quit stressing and started looking into adoption and had accepted the fact that I might not ever have kids it happened.  I delivered baby Chance on Sept 19 at 37 1/2 weeks by induced C-section.  So keep your chin up!
Wow, finally found a forum that I can relate to!  Mom had 3 children (1952, 1954 and 1961) before I was born.  I was the only c-section and when the doc went in, you got it...2 uteruses.  Realize that this was in 1964 and even the c-section was considered cutting edge (no pun intended).  I never became pregnant (multiple issues: vasectomy, failed reverse vasectomy, PCOS, fibroids, etc).  But I wonder if I also have two like mom did.  Is this a form of chimerism, fusion of two separately fertilized eggs in the womb? My aunt also had unique extra parts and never was able to conceive.  I'm beyond the point of trying to get pregnant, but this is fascinating.  I wonder if I was more predisposed to PCOS because of my mother's condition.  Any docs in here?
i also have 2 uteruses.  my husband and i went through the same thing...we tried for one year before we finally got pregnant.  after 11 months of "trying" we finally gave up and said what ever is going to happen will happen.  the 12th month we got pregnant, i think it was because we wern't putting so much stress on each other to get pregnant, we finally relaxed and it happened.  i wish you lots of luck!
I have two uteruses and one cervix. My husband and I decided we wanted to have children. The first month that I went off my pill I got pregnant. I cared our son until 38 1/2 weeks with no problems. My son is a little over a year now. We decided when our son turned one that we would start trying for another. And one month later we were pregnant again. Every women is different, Even though some may have problems others may not. Just because you have two uteruses doesn't mean you will have any getting or being pregnant.
I also have 2 uteruses, 2 cervix and 1 kidney (left one only), They thought I had a bicornuate uterus with 1 cervix, as my spetum actually sealed of my right 2nd cervix and uterues, so from my first period until I first went on the pill (started skipping my periods due to extreme pain), my right uterus was filling with mentsual blood each month with no where to go. They removed the part of the septum covering my right cervix 4 years ago. About 18 months ago we start trying to fall pregnant and still have not had success.  I had a laperoscopy done just last week to find that my right tube was completely blocked they cleared it however don't think it will work.  Next week we start the interuterine insemation process into the left uterus. So fingers crossed it will work.

I never thought to look on the net until today to see if there was anyone else like me as i have been told it is quite rare and am always finding myself explaining my sitiuation to others it is great to find others like me that the same worries. I have been told that my uterus should stretch enough to carry a baby to term, I am going to ask more questions after reading what some of you have said.  
Congrats Sonyak1979 on the baby great to hear success stories.
I have a complete uterus didelphys. Meaning that I have two  separate uteruses, two cervix and two vaginal openings. When I was 20 I had surgery to remove my vaginal septum between the two openings. I am now just over 39 weeks pregnant with my first child. Before this I did have a spontaneous abortion (miscarriage) at 15 weeks. They told me that it should not be too difficult to get pregnant but going to term could be difficult. I was also told that their would be a high risk of being breech and therefore a c-section. But the baby has been head down for the past 20 weeks, just waiting for labour. I just wanted to let people know that it is possible to go to term and that things can happen naturally.
Hi.  It's great to read that so many of you have the same condition and can offer each other support!  There are so many success stories here!  I don't have two uteri, but I had an HSG last week & just found out that I have a T-shaped uterus.  We were set to start iui this week, but because it carries a risk of twins, we can no longer go that route.  A T-shaped uterus means there isn't enough room to carry healthy multiples, but my RE says it's not a hindrance to conceiving (although we've been ttc for almost two years!)  So, we're hoping for a miraclel this cycle & if not, we'll try IVF, only implanting one embryo at a time.  
My doctor explained that back in the '50s & '60s, women were prescribed a medication called DES, which was used to prevent bleeding and/or miscarriage.  In the late '60s it was no longer legal to use due to the side effects, although some doctors still did.  Apparently having a T-shaped uterus is a common side effect, but it also carries the risk of m/c, ectopic pregnancies & early delivery.  I was born in '72 & my mom does remember bleeding early in her pregnancy with me, but of course she can't remember if she was given this medication.  
Have any of you heard of a T-shaped uterus & do you have any insight?  Thanks so much & good luck to everyone !!! :)
I happened to stumble across this page. I do have 2 uterous, 2 cervix's and one kidney I am missing my right. I have 1 son who I carried to term I had a scheduled c-section at 39weeks. I had no problems no braxton hicks contractions nothing it was a perfect pregnancy I choose to do a c-section because my ob said both cervix's would need to dialate and I didn't want to risk anything so I decided to do a c-section. We concieved my son within a month of trying he was a honeymoon baby! My preg. was considered high risk I was told it was possible I could go into preterm labot at 18wks. but I never had any problems. My son weighed 6lbs. 14oz. and was 19.5 inchs. long. I was told by my OB that I would have to concieve (conceive) in my right uterous (where I carried my son) because my left uterous isn't fully complete or isn't shaped property to support a fetus. My husband and I have been trying to concieve (conceive) our second child for almost a year now. After I had my son my periods returned shortly after my 6wk. follow up and I had a perfect 28 day cycle for several months, then 2 months I didn't get one at all, got my period the 3rd month and then didn't get one for several months. i called my OB and told her my husband and I wanted to TTC again but I wasn't getting my periods she did tests and they all came back normal at first they thought my thyroid levels were off but after going to see a specialist he said they were fine. So I was put on something to start my period and clomid I did 3 unsuccessul rounds of clomid and was then put on Femara which I got a BFP the first cycle unfortunatly I concieved in my left uterous so I lost the baby. But not all the "active" tissue dispersed during my m/s so I had to have a methorexate shot to kill the remaining active tissue so my HCG numbers would come down they were fluctuating. that was Sept. 19th I just got my latest blood results from the past friday and they are finally at 0! DH and I are going to wait until January to start TTC again. I am hoping my periods will return on there own I would like to not use fertility treatments. I am worried that they are only making me ovulate on the left side and thats why we concieved there i'm not sure how all that works, but if anybody has any ideas on how to increase the odds of concieving on the right side of the uterous or how to regulate periods without the use of fertility treatments it would be greatly appreciated! I was also considering going to do a IUI treatment to ensure I concieve (conceive) in the right side, but DH wants to keep trying the old fashion way because thats how we got our son, I am just worried the fertility meds. are making me more likely to concieve (conceive) in the left uterous...anybody else have any experiece with duplicated uterous and fertility meds?
I have 2 uterus, 2 cervix, 1 tube (due to ectopic 1 was removed) and only the left kidney. I was told that when we are babies, we have 2 uterus and they are supposed to join as we grow, but somehow it doesn't. I have PCOS, ectopic was result of clomid during cycle 3. The tube on right that I have is crooked and the cervix is in the wall of vagina so sperm is unable to get it, not matter which position we tried. I used to have contraction like pain during my period and thats when clots would pass thru the right side. Only had 1 period every month but would last for 6-7 days. Had 2 IUI, negative. So IVF was what we did and now have twins, 8 months old. I did not have any kidney issues throughout the pregnant and otherwise. I was considered a highrisk preg, and was under special care. Started contracting around week 22 so was taken off work, At week 25 was dilated 1.5cm was in hospital for over a wk. Did not dilate anymore, was on meds only, had gestational diebetes (diabetes). Then had to have bed rest. I carried until 1 day short of 38 wks, so my babies were not considered premies, they were healthy and came home with me. Both girls were head down so we tried for vaginal del. After about 9 pushes, Dr said to stop because heartrate of one baby was dropping everytime I pushed. I used to have period every other month or after 2 months, but since the birth, I have been regular.
hi all  im a 29 and i have two uteruses and one cervix ive been trying to have a baby for  years and my husband and i havent been very successful. i do have a period for 27 days out of a month does anyone else have the same thing going on. and is there anyone out there that can tell me how to gett it to stop.
Hello All!  I am 23 years old and just found out I have two uteruses.  My obgyn is very young and is not very experienced.  I was wondering if any of you are located in southern California and is willing to give me a contact of your doctor who specialize in uterine didelphys or at least is more experienced.  
hi everyone. i have two uterus' and one cervix. not sure yet if one or two kidneys..was on this site a few mths ago when i was told of my condition and it was good to know that there are others that have are going through it too. my partner and i have been trying for 15 mths and am now 6 wks preg (had a m/c at 4 wks in jan). was due to begin ivf at the end of jan and now that is when i will be 12 wks!!! am so excited and pray that it all goes well...will update soon.
i have two uteruses, one is 3/4 size and the other is more a remnant uterus it is so small (size of large cherry or small golf ball).  Two healthy ovaries, though only one is connected to the larger uterus.  The other is connected to the remnant uterus. My uteri are connected by a thick rubber band like tissue that stretches between them.  Only one cervix and one vagina.  Anyone have that band as well?  Anyone been successful with pregnancy?
I too just had a test done to understand my uterus situation, and am still waiting for the results. I either have 2 uterus and 1 cervix or a uterus, like two, that is separated by a septum. Apparently in terms of carrying babies there is a big difference. My doctor told me that if I have 2 uterus then it would be fine to try to get pregnant, but if I have one that is totally separated by a septum then I will have to have surgery to remove the septum. She told me that due to the lack of nutrients in the septum it is very hard to carry a baby to where it can survive, and recommends going directly to surgery.

The second diagnosis is very scary for me since I was born with three kidneys, have had 5 surgeries on that area and now have one left. I do think it is interesting that in many of the postings kidney abnormalities are connected to the whole 2 uterus thing. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had to have surgery to get rid their septum and wanted to know 1. How long they had to wait to try to get pregnant after the surgery and 2. If they were able to successfully carry a baby.

Good luck to everyone and I am so thankful to hear all your stories, it really lifts my spirits! Thank you!
hi lovely ladies,

I have 2 uteri, 2 cervix 2 vaginas and one kidney (on the left)
one vagina connected to my right side had no openning.
When i was 17 i had chronic stomach pain, diagnosed as appendicytus (spelling) but was then discovered by ultrasound and mri that i had 2 uteri and my right side was filling with blood each month over 5 years.
So surgery was done to create an openning, which is a small hole at the top of my left vagina
My gyn told me the pressure was so strong when he made the cut that it made quite the scene in the op theatre.
I fell pregnant at 15 (before my op) and had a miscarriage at 10 weeks.
I am now 22 and have fallen pregnant again, without trying and am now 11 weeks preg and very scared.

it is so brilliant to see so many of you here, when i had my surgery i had been told that there was only one other known woman to have this in my country (NZ).
good luck to all of you and i have my fingers crossed for me. Have my first specialist appointment in 2 weeks so i hope all goes well.

thank you all for being open about it all.

I have UD with one fallopian tube per uterus, one cervix and one vagina and endometriosis.  I've had an HSG and a laproscopy to get rid of the endo.  The endo came back worse than before.   I'm so scared about having a baby... I dont know if i'm strong enough to deal with a miscarriage, which i didnt even think about until i read this thread!  The first thought i had was "can i even conceive?"   It's nice to know there are other women out there that can share their similar experiences.  It gives me that little bit of hope!

I wish all of you the best with your pregnancies!
The endo is a whole nother issue all together...First of all take a deep breath and think for the best and dont let this forum freak you out.  There are a couple posts over a couple years and you may not go through any of this.  Everyone is different and will go through things in different ways.  Most importantly get a doc that you like and that is willing to explore all of the information your going to need.  I was never given any useful info and had to do the investigation on my own.  
hi there,

I am 27 years old and 26months preggy.I have 2 uterus and 2 vagina. I was told by my OB this pm that I need to be CS when deliviring the baby since i have a double uterus and vagina as well.Is it really true? Is there any possibilities that I can delivir it normally? Please tell me,any of you there who had the same as mine.Thanks!

Ivy
Hello.  At 30 years old, I was diagnosed with didelphys uterus along with two cervices. I was told I would never have children. I switched doctors, they performed an MRI of my pelvis and was able to get an idea what size each uterus was.  They also did another test to check and see if I had a duplicate collecting system.  Well, 5 years later, I have a healthy 17 month old son.  I was considered high-risk and went in every two weeks for an ultrasound and for them to measure my cervix, they also did two steroid injections. Luckily, my only real complication during my pregnancy was my nasal passages swelling shut.  However, I carried my son full-term and was able to deliver him normally.  (Incidentally, after giving birth, my two cervices became one).  I went into the hospital at 8:00 p.m. on Sunday and delivered him at 7:00 a.m. on Monday.  He did spend two days in the NICU, but that was mostly as a precaution.  

Sadly, three months ago, I had a miscarriage.  They suggested waiting three months before trying again, which we will do, although I'm somewhat reluctant to try again because I know that women with didelphys uteruses are at higher risk for miscarriages. I know that my son is a miracle.  Also, I saw someone mention that she had hypothyroidism so the chances of getting pregnant are less?  Can someone tell me about that?  I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism after the birth of my son.  
Congrats on your son.  I two miscarriages over 6 years before having my baby boy in Sept.  If your heart is ready I say try try again.  The odds are in your favor that it won't happen again.  I feel the same way that my son is a true miracle.

I'm also curious about the hypothyrodisim...I was diagnosed two weeks ago with it and have started meds.
I wish I could help but I am not sure at all about the delivery.  I only have 1 vagina along with the two uterus and had a C/S because Chance was breech the whole time.  The main thing is to deliver a happy, healthy baby with no complications with you or the baby.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.

SKS
I would love to get to know some of you more.  I joined a forum while pregnant that a friend suggested.  There isnt really anyone like me but there are women that have lost babies, have babies, bedrest, trying to get pregnant, and mothers.  If anybody is interested....

http://www.highriskpregnancyandbeyond.org/
Hello

My goodness I can't believe there are so many of us around! I have 2 uterus, 2 cervix and 1 kidney....I  like so many of you I thought this was extremely rare and my chances of having children was so small. 1 month of coming off the pill I have conceived and now 5 weeks pregnant.
I'm incredibly nervous that I may miscarry although the OB said my right uterus is of an adequate size although I will not go full term.
I'm having to wait 3 weeks until the next scan so this time is torture.

I'll keep you all posted but its so good to see I'm not alone and there are lots of positive results.
GG x
Hi I also have two uterus and two cervix and 1 kidney when i was i am only 20 yrs old but when i was 18 i got pregnant and had a miscarrage (miscarriage) at 8 wks then 2 months later i bacame pregnant again and at my 13th week i went for a normal check up at my obgyn and  i had bleeding so they checked my cervix and relized i had 2 cervixes my obgyn sent me to a pre term labor clinic there is where they did an ultrasound and discovered i had two uterus also my pregnancy resulted in me havein a lil boy he is now 10 months old and healthy he only weighed 4 12 when he was born because i had to be induced at 36 wks because of bleeding but i had a vaginal birth and it took me five yrs to get pregnant the first time but now i am 14 weeks pregnant with my second baby so it is possible
I went to my gyno for the second time for another check up and he examined me again and then saw I have uterus didelphys and I also have a Vaginal septum so I basically have two vaginas.I have to go get the Vaginal septum  cut out next month which im not really keen on having done,but they said if I fall pregnant I could die because it would tare and most probably wont stop bleeing so it was lucky they found it the second time, I just don’t know why he didn’t have a better look the first time to be honest.Im worried about falling pregnant with twins or even more at once, because twins run in both sides of my family.im only 20 and would like to try in about 2 or 3 years. How did everyone elses pregnancies go? My gyno said this isn’t uncommen anymore but I still think its odd.

I am 23 years old and was diagnosed with UD at 16. I have two uteruses, two cervixes, and a vaginal septum that was removed when I was 17. I had an exploratory lap. procedure done at 17...doc said that he couldn't find my kidneys. Obviously they or one of them are there...but I never thought to ask for a follow up. I am currently 30 weeks pregnant in my right uterus with my first child and first attempt at concieving. Me and my husband tried to concieve (conceive) for about 3 months. My pregnancy has gone really smoothly so far, just some unexplained bleeding during the first trimester. I have a wonderful and very thourough MD. My cervix is being checked every 2 weeks to make sure I'm not dilating, and I have had numerous ultrasounds done...most of them in the first trimester. My baby is as healthy as can be and looks just like her daddy, thanks to the 4d ultrasound. She is currently breech and has been for the whole pregnancy so the chances of me having her vaginally are probally slim to none. My MD told me that it was possible because I have had my vaginal septum removed. Me, my husband, and my family are on pins and needles now just waiting knowing that I could go into pre-term labor at any time. I still work full-time and am very active. It may sound crazy but I think that by me being active has helped me to keep little Savannah inside.

I'm so glad I found this forum...just wish it was earlier. There isn't a lot of info anywhere about this. My doctor has really informed me of a lot, and he has several cases like mine. He is very optimistic and has delivered lots of babies to mother's like me. I suggest to anyone who is pregnant with this condition to just pray and God will work it out. I call our baby a miracle baby all the time. I am so grateful that everything has been as good as what it has and that I made it past the 27th week marker.
Glad to hear things are going well.  Are they not going to schedule a C-section since the baby is breech?  I had my son in Sept. and he was breech the whole time too.  Just not enough room for them to turn I guess in the uterus being smaller.  I had a C-section at 37w2d.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sonya
well im 19 years old and was diagnosed with UD about a week ago.i satrted having problems with my period in jan last year so had a check up and US and they said i had a bicornuate uterus but after my second check up it turns out i have UD with , two cervixes, and a vaginal septum.did it hurt when they removed yours,mine is getting removed on the 4th of march im really scared and hope nothing goes wrong.i also want to try for a baby in a 2 or 3 years and twins run in both sides of my family so im so scared of having twins and then i lose them becuase they mine come to early or something,its really bugging me.
Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your posts. It's great to know I'm not alone! I just found out last week I have two uteri, two cervixes, & a vaginal septum. I'm still in shock. That's just not something anyone ever expects to hear. I had never heard of this condition before. I have always known something wasn't right with me down there, but it wasn't until I went to an obgyn recently that I found out I have a vaginal septum. Then I had an ultrasound & found out I also have two uteri & two cervixes. I am 20 years old & engaged to be married in May. I am worried about what this could mean for my future. Telling my fiance was scarier than finding out. He really wants children down the road & I'm worried about how this might affect our chances of that ever happening. I was told at this point I couldn't even have intercourse, so most likely I will be having surgery soon to remove the septum. There doesn't seem to be much info available anywhere on this topic so I was very excited to discover this forum. Your stories have given me hope & made me aware of many other things I hadn't thought of that I will definitely be discussing with my doctor at my next appointment. Any & all pieces of advice or suggestions are welcome. Again, thank you. I'll be back when I find out more!
Hi - I was diagnosed with having 2 uterus, 2 cervix and one kidney a few years ago.  I was told it was almost certainly "Renal Cyst and Diabetes Syndrome".  I never got around to having the gene testing done, but it's definitely a inherited thing from my family.  (my mother has the same, my uncle has one kidney, my cousin has the same as me etc)  Just thought this info might be useful to someone.  

Oh and to Keltz1986 - my cousin lives in NZ (Christchurch) and she has this, so I'm guessing that it's probably more common than your doctor thinks!
I had my little girl almost a year ago and I end up on bed rest for three months because my baby wasnt growning and they didnt know what was going on. I was getting ultura sounds done twice a week. for three months. so then My Doctor and I decided to have the baby c-section. So thats when I found out that I had two uteruses. My baby came a month early and she weighed 4lbs and 12 ozs. She was very healthy and still is . But the Dr that deliver her said You have two of them and I said what do u mean and he said u have two uterus and I said what can do about it and he said I dont know at this point It is inside another. I dont if we touch other if it will damage the other. My regular Dr havnt  even seen it I woundreing if I should get a another opion about.
I also have UD and I am currently 9 wks pregnant in my right uterus. I got pregnant while my husband and I were supposedly preventing pregnancy.

I found out I had UD about 5 years ago at my first gyn. exam. It was a shock for sure! I have 2 uterus, 2 cervix and HAD a vaginal septum. A month later I had the vaginal septum removed. Since then I have randomly investigated what this would mean for me and future pregnancy.

I didn't find out that I was pregnant until I went to the Dr. because I felt awful (morning sickness) and I had minor vaginal bleeding. I figured I couldn't be pregnant because of the bleeding. I have had 2 transvaginal ultrasounds and have seen the baby and it's heartbeat! It is very reassuring because I have continued to have the bleeding for the last 4 weeks. (As I said, it is VERY minor. I wear one pantyliner a day.) I won't have my full OB exam for another week and I am interested to find out what they have to say about the bleeding and if my cervix are incompetent or not.

I am constantly worried about miscarriage. But reading what many of you have said, it makes me feel that it is possible to have a fairly normal pregnancy and end up with a healthy baby!
Just found out my daughter is 6 weeks pregnant.  She recently had vaginal septum removed after having had diagnosis of UD.  Mom and I read all the posts.  We are trying to learn what to expect.My heart can't take many more surprises like today.  I wonder if someone can tell me, why does it seem that women with UD seem to be pre-disposed to having twins?  I am trying not to "lean on my own understanding", but to trust in God and pray for direction from him.  Dad. God bless all of you.
    Found out last night our daughter at nineteen is pregnant. So many concerns go through my head and  my heart feels for her. A year ago our daughter said she was spending the night at a friend's. The next morning she called me and said something is wrong. She was very scared in her voice.  I started to get real scared because she was on the phone. I felt helpless. You know when it's serious by the sound of your child's voice. She hung up, and then called back after a minute.  I could tell  her voice sounded worse!  She said she was outside our house,  in a boys car.  She had been  on his cell phone.  I hung up, ran out side the passenger window of the car was down. She was there so white. I stuck my head in the window. I said:  "are you okay?"   I looked down,  there was  a puddle  of blood on the seat between her legs. I looked at the strange man in the seat and screamed: " What happen?" He said: " We don't know,  we had sex and they heard a loud pop sound".   The pain my daughter said, so much pain and then she started bleeding. They did not get help, they thought the bleeding  would stop, so when it didn't she called me. She was afraid to call us because we did not know she had a boyfriend. I got her out of the car she walked through the garage into the laundry room blood dripping all the way, then BOOM she fell straight down passed out.  I started screaming and her Dad ran in.  I said call the ambulance 15minutes later our daughter is gone in the ambulance on her way to the hospital. We tried to clean up the blood. We still have blood in the garage today. We thought was she pregnant by this man and went and had an abortion and was bleeding to death. Got to the hospital called my oldest daughter to be with me.  Dad and son home cleaning blood. My oldest got there and the doctor came out and told us he has to do emergency surgery to see what was going on.  The doctor left, and an hour later he came  and took us to a private room. we were so scared. He said she had lost over half  the blood in her body. I said: " Why, what happened?"  The doctor said: " Your daughter has two cervix and two uterus and during intercourse and her vaginal septum was badly torn."   My oldest daughter and I looked at him like he was crazy. She was 18, and we thought, a virgin until that night. I took her in for a pap just to make sure everything was good because her periods are heavy.  The doctor said we didn't need to do a pap because she was a virgin. If she had the pap we would have  known she had the double cervix. Well, a year has gone by.  She made it through by the Grace of God and surgically had the septum removed. She said she was afraid to have sex it was fine with us but she must of got over the fear now she is 6 weeks pregnant so we are concerned what's next. We love our children so much and want nothing but the best for them we never even heard of  two cervix and two uterus and maybe one kidney before, and our daughter has this.   There is so much we don't know so we trust in our Lord Jesus Christ and take day by day. I feel for all you girls going through  this. Keep the faith.  Thank God for this forum, it has educated me so much, and allowed me a chance to share our story.
help
i am almost 8 weeks pregnant and i found out that i have 2 uterus but i only have one cervix. my baby is in my right uterus.. im scared that im not going to go the full term.. is this something that i should be worrying bout or will everything be ok???
I had two children one in 1985 and one in 1973.  Both labor and deliveries were very hard.  All through my life, I had horrible cramps and menstrual periods.

In 1991, I had a hysterectomy and the doctor told me I had two competely normal sets of fallopian tubes and two uteruses but one cervix.  I also have a kidney that is connected like a butterfly.  My children are 12 years apart.  I never took birth control pills.  The doctor that did my hysterectomy was the same one that delivered my son born in 1973.  He said that I could have carried one child in one uterus and the other child in the other uterus.   So, I personally believe it is harder to conceive based on my experience; but I now have two wonderful children.
I have found all of your stories encouraging and informative. I have faith that we will have another child soon. I am so relieved to know what the cause of my not getting pregnant yet has been. My dr. has high hopes of my conceiving shortly after the HSG was done. I am hoping by next month. If not, I will see a reproductive specialist. I think there are more women out there like us - they just don't know what is going on inside their body. Now I know why I had a miscarriage (most likely) and why my first delivery was a c-section. It all makes sense. Good Luck and Prayers to all of us wanting the blessing of children in our lives - BTW I told my dr, if I have to go through another c-section, there better be 2 babies coming out!! I 'm ok with that!
I too have Uterine Didelphys, and am sooo glad to find out I am not alone or a freak :)  I'm 28, and after 1 year of marriage, my husband and I are TTC.

I have the 2 uteri, 2 cervix, and only one tube + ovary per uterus.  The uterus on my left is of average size and shape, and the one of the right is slightly smaller.  I have been told a pregnancy in the right uterus would likely end in MC.

What I'm worried about, is if my ovaries take turns ovulating, then I will only release an egg on the left side every OTHER month.  This obviously decreases my chances of conceiving, no?  Also, if I am correct in my assumption about alternating ovulation, how would someone get pregnant in both uteruses simultaneously?

In other news....my OB once told me the only way for someone with my "condition" to get pregnant in both uteruses, but at different times, was if my partners were of different races.  Eg: An Asian man and a Black man.  I guess somehow your body can tell the difference?!?!?!?  My family Doctor confirmed this, but it makes me wonder than, if I could be releasing eggs from both sides, instead of alternating.

Any how, we've only been trying for 2 months, so I will keep you posted, and continue reading your stories :)
Also.... until last yr I had a vaginal septum, but it was removed in a fairly basic day surgery.  My "main" vagina was about half the size of an average vagina, and the other one was super small.  Prior to the surgery, sex was sometimes painfull, and I did end up with irritation and bleeding occasionally.  It never tore, or caused any major issues except I could not use a tampon in one side because it was way too small.

Removing it was done to make sex more enjoyable, and child birth easier, but had I left it intact, I was told I would still be able to have kids, it would just be a long time squeezing a baby through such a tiny canal.

That is all :)
I jus wanted you to know that it is completely possible.  I know this personally, back in November I had my daughter.  I have uterine didelphys, but the craziest way I found this out was after a c-section.  
And by the way she was born on her due date.  She only weighed 5lb 10oz and 18in long.
I have uterine dydelphys and have 2 uteruses, 2 cervixes and I had a septum splitting the vagina but got that removed when I was 16.  My mom knew about the septum in the vagina since I was a baby, but the doctor thought it might be something that I would grow out of.  Found out I had 2 cervixes when I starting going to the gyno (never had sex till I was married, but my mom is very cancer cautious).  Anyway, my gyno wanted to see what else was “duplicated”.  So I had a sonogram and found out I had 2 uteruses.  He then did a surgery to remove the septum in the vagina and made sure I didn’t have duplicates of any other organs.  When I got married I moved to a bigger city.  Found a gyno who was familiar with my situation and she recommended us to a specialist to consult with before we got pregnant.  I am 24 years old and 13 weeks pregnant in the left uterus.  My uteruses are exactly the same size.  We got pregnant the 1st cycle we attempted on.  I have always had crazy and irregular periods, so we weren’t sure what to expect but was very shocked and happy to have gotten pregnant so fast.  I have had a great pregnancy so far, didn’t even have morning sickness.  I do feel a lot more than other pregnant women.  I feel a lot of pressure and pushing.  My baby is doing perfect and we are very hopeful for a long pregnancy.  They say the average carring time is 28 weeks, we are hoping for high 30’s.  All I can recommend is to stay active.  Out of all the research I have done, it seems the women who continued to be active had a longer pregnancy.
A related discussion, duplication of cervix anduterus was started.
I have two cervixs & two uterus, i did also have aseptum in my vaginal canal but had that removed, because i didn't really see the point in keeping it...It's good to hear so many stories of people with the same condition going on to have successful pregnancies, but what I would like to know is that...is it possible to have a natural birth or does it have to be a c-section?
So....I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks 2/12/10. I started bleeding at 5 weeks, went to the ER, had a transvaginal ultrasound done, cathater, the works. My hcg was 6000 which was good, 2 days later my hcg was 12K which was right on track and I quit bleeding...good news! Then about 6 weeks I began hemmorraging and passing clots. I called the doctor and was told it was a miscarriage (which I was sure of anyway). This was on 2/24/10. So I bleed and passed clots for 6 hours and kept bleeding lightly-moderately until today....I accepted what happened and was moving on. I see my OB today for another transvaginal ultrasound to make sure all the fetal debris passed and I won't need a D&C. So I have been bleeding x 12 days, some days it was bright red, others brown. So...they begin the ultrasound and the tech literally drops the wand. She sees a sac with a fetal pole, heartbeat, etc and one sac that is empty. I also have a large uterine fibroid (size of a grapefruit) which they told me was the cause of the miscarriage. The ultrasound tech said she had been doing this for 20 years and never seen 2 sacs, one empty, one normal. Normally when you miscarry a twin you pass the empty sac and they you can proceed with the single pregnancy. She then thought maybe I had 2 uteruses. One has the sac's in it, the other has the fibroid. So I may continue bleeding in one uterus without harming the second. At this point they are baffled and just want me to be cautious. I am 7 weeks and they gave me an ultrasound pic showing a healthy fetus.
Needless to say I am freaking out! I assumed I would get pass the miscarriage, get the fibroid taken care of, and then try again. My hcg went up to 18K after my miscarriage which is what spurred the ultrasound. They took more labs and if my levels are rising I should be okay. I am just super stressed, it's been a roller coaster and no one can really give me a solid answer to why this happened......apparantly I am just weird!
I have had two healthy boys, although early and via c-section due to breech, which they attributed to lack of room in what they thought was a bicornuate uterus.  They discovered I had two uteruses and two cervixes, when I had to get a DNC at eleven weeks with my third pregnancy.  Now, six months later, I am pregnant again.  I am having brown spotting, not much to speak of but definitely there, and they are having me in for a second blood test to check my levels.  I am overjoyed to be pregnant, but dreading this waiting game, and all the questions involved with my condition.  Anyone else spot brown early on in their pregnancy? I am wondering if it could be from my other uterus?? Hoping..
hello
i fell pregnant four months ago but had a miscarriage at 12 weeks  only to find out that i have 2 uteruses, 2 cervixes and two vaginas i have both kidneys.my husband me i are just hoping we can try again soon and that i don't have to go trough another miscarriage as it was pretty bad.
I am amazed on how many of us are out there i have heard that this problems isn't rare but still itis pretty wierd.any advice??
Hi. I have uterus didelphys (2 uteruses 2 cervix's  and septum extending into vagina. It took my husband and I 2 yrs to fall pregnant the first time and we had some help with Clomid fertility drug to start ovulation. Regardless, my first baby was born at 34 weeks naturally (waters broke first). I am now currently pregnant with my second child and am at 28wks. Baby is breech, and am concerned will not turn in time. Does anyone have information on c/section with bicorneate uterus? I'm also concerned about another prem. Does anyone know if subsequent pregnancies have a higher risk of preterm births? (my obstetrician mentioned an increased risk of incompetient cervix).
I have to say this is pretty cool.  I had no idea there were so many women out there with the same condition that I have!  I always say, I wish I was as popular in the rest of my life as I am at the gynocologists office!  LOL!  I also have a didelphys uterus - 2 uteruses and 2 cervixes with a septum in the middle.  I've never been pregnant.  I'm 35 yrs old and have not been too concerned about having kids until now.  My boyfriend and I are starting to plan a family.  We went to a fertility doctor to have tests run.  So far it's looking like I should be able to conceive.  Unfortunately, he had a vasectomy in the past and then had it reversed, and it's affecting his sperm quality.  So not sure what route the doc will have us take.....maybe IVF, not sure yet.  Wish us luck!!
hi i have 2 uterus, 2 cervix, endometreosis, bicournate uterus and pelvic congestion syndrome just come off injections gonna try for a baby whats my chances?
I'm 33 years old and I have PCOS, uterine didelphys, and 1 kidney. I am currently pregnant at 7 weeks with twins. 1 in each uterus. This is my first pregnancy. We used ovulation induction meds since I have PCOS. Anyone out there with success stories, complications, experiences to share with me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Jenny
Thank goodness for these forums. I have learnt a lot more on here than on medical sights! I thought I would share my story with you all. At 35, after finding out my husband had a very low sperm count after TTC for about 8 months  we were told that it would be very unlikely we would have a baby naturely. I concieved that weekend!
The pregnancy was fine although, I did fine out that I had colestasis at the end of the pregnancy which I had blood tests for and got the positive results after my son was born!He was born at 36 weeks, I was still at work and we thought he was prem' due to the colestasis.
Our son is now two and a half and after one year of TTC again we decided to go down the IVF route. I had one cycle of IVF unsuccessfully but during the routine scans they found a large cyst and when we had the follow up apt with the dr when it failed, he  said that I need to have a laporscopy to have checked out this large solid cyst which he was clearly concerned about, before we tried more cycles of IVF
The cyst turned out last week to be another uterus which was a bit of a shock all round!
I have two uteruses with one fallopian tube into each and one cervix.
We now feel maybe we should not have any more Cycles of IVF as it would be such a high risk pregnancy if it was successful, I feel sad but also very confused as to whether to carry on or not.
I am now 38 and think that we are very very lucky to have a beautiful healthy little boy who arrived healthy and cheeky, at 6lbs 1oz and we were oblivous to the risks at the time.
I want to first ask advice to you fellow limited editions as to whether you think we should call it a day and secondly to give hope to thoses of you who are TTC that there are plenty of success stories on here and to wish you lots and lots of luck and strength xxx
I am so happy I found this forum. I have two cervixes and two uteruses as well. My doctor told me this only affects 1% of the population, but seeing this site makes me think it's more common.
I am pregnant, but my husband and I are waiting to where the baby is developing. We shoud know this weekend. I wish for the best. Best wishes and prayers to all everyone. Thanks you for posting, I will have an update soon.
I just found out I have 2 uteruses and 2 cervixes I'm going to have another pelvic exam next week to make sure I don't have a vaginal septum too. I also have 4 fibroids 3 on my right side which are going to be removed. I'm glad to see so many success stories I never even knew this was something that was possible not to mention seems more common than really thought.
I have two uteruses, two cervixes, and one functioning kidney. I've had two children, so two separate pregnancies, one in each uterus. My son was first and it probably took us about 5-6 months to get pregnant with him. He was born 3 weeks early and came out breech. The labor and delivery went extremely fast. He was born healthy. My daughter was in my other uterus and was born 6 days early. I think it took us about 2-3 months to get pregnant with her. She wasn't breech and I also had a normal birth with her. However, she also came extremely fast. The nurses delivered her, as the Dr. wasn't there yet. She was also born healthy. The best advice I can give to a pregnant woman who has two uteruses is to not worry too much. Everything will go fine, and just be aware of the preterm labor warning signs, as people with two uteruses are at a higher risk for having preterm babies, but it doesn't mean you will have a preterm baby. Good luck to all of you pregnant women out there with 2 uteruses!! Everything will go great!!
HI, i'm 19 i just found out i have two uterus. I was sort of scared that it would be easier to get pregnant with them since i don't plan on having kids for a while. Will it show when i am pregnant? Will it carry more on the left or right? Or does it look like a normal pregnancy? This is all so new to me! lol
hi,
i was diagnosed with uterine didelphys 4 years ago, after i had a miscarriage. i have 2 complete seperate uteruses and a follopian tube and ovary on both and 1 cervix.i have been trying to conceive since then. i am 21 now and would love a baby and it is so comforting to know that there is someone out there like my. are there any tips one falling pregnet.
I went to see your case on the internet and I have posted the result of your question.. Well it seems that a lady who had the same case had twin girls.. So there's your answer.. Here you can read about it here http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=woman-two-uteruses-twin-babies I hope it gives you hope and answers your prayers :o) Best of luck!
hi
iam 28 years old,2 uteures,one cervix and one kidney
when i was in highschool i know my stiuation but ihad in  this time big zack in the left side who is septum get the period stuck back of it i make a big sergury to try  to  open it  to  remove  to old blood becauze  the  zack  is  rally  big  no  body  can  see  where is  the  uteures  or the  servix and when  we  done  the  miracle  sergery (surgery)  doctor  give  me  a  bad  new  that  the  left  uteures  cant  carry  baby  coz  the  old  blood  get  it  expierd  and  the  tupe  with  this  uteres  is  twisted so   the  only  way  to pregnant  is  the  right  side and  right  tube
when i  get  marriege  from 2  years  we  try two  iui  not  work because  my  hermons  not  balance,,and  we  try  sooo  hard  to  get  my  eggs  groin  up
we  begin  ivf and  i  frozein  15 eggs
and  but  a  frsh  one  i make  a  test  and  its  get  possitive we  was soooo  happy
but  in  5 weeks  and  have i  bleeding  alot i  go  to  emergency he  found  the zacks of babies (  was  twins )is  fine  and  the  blleding  in  the  left  side we  go  home in  two  days i found  i  big  pieces  i  go  to  make  ultrasound  we  misscarriege  the  babies :(
we  try  next  months  agein  we  transfer  two frozen and  i  was  pregnant
yestarday it have  to  be 5  weeks  and  half i  bleeding agein  big  pieces in  the  same  time.i make  ultrasound  dr  said  he see  the  lines  but  no  zacks the  bleeding  stop hcg is 3345
my doctor  told  me my  uteures cant  carry  babies  we  are  so  sad
if any body have  any  experiense help  me  plz
thanks
Hello. I am 31 and was diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus and one kidney 4 years ago.  I was told that when I was ready to conceive I should not have any trouble.  I beging trying a 14 moths ago and still nothing.  In May, my GYN had me go for an HSG wich only showed one open fallopian tube on my left side.  The recomenndation was to follow up with an MRI.  I went for the MRI and my GYN also sent me to a fertility specialist.  The MRI and specialist confirmed that I had 2 unicornuate uteri and one cervicx.  My right uterus is fully developed and connected to a fallopian tube and an ovar, however, not connected to my cervix.
Now, I am schedule to have my "tubes tied" on the right to prevent a prgnancy on the right side.  I had 3 seperate consults before I agreed to this surgery (scheduled for Aug 30).  Every reproductive endo said that I may ovualte faster from my right and that's wht I have not had a successful pregnancy.  I am suoer nervous but am ready to do what I have to do to have a healthy pregnanyc and hopefully a natural one.  The good news is the my day 3 FSH was a 4 wich is great news for me.

I wish everyone well and hopefully we all get what we want.  What I can suggest is have your GYN or primary doctor  order an HSG and/or an MRI to get a clear picture of your anomoly.  I was misdiagnosed twice before they doiscovered it was 2 seperate and not a bicornuate.
Isabelle

Well I am 26 years old and found out 11 years ago that I have UD. Two uteruses and two cervixes. I had a vaginal septum but had it removed. I am happy to report that I am 32 weeks pregnant!! I am pregnant in my right uterus which is the smaller of the two. But the baby seems to have pushed the other one out of her way haha. I stopped taking birth control in November 2009 and found out I was pregnant at the beginning of Feb 2010. I was always told that it would be hard to conceive and I'd probably have to take fertility drugs. But, it happened without any help at all. I was SHOCKED. So far the pregnancy has been perfectly fine. I've had to have an ultrasound every month to check the baby and my cervix, but everything has been fine. The doctor's have said that I am running out of room fast, so the chances of me going full term are SLIM. Also the baby is breech so I will probably have to have a c-section if she does not flip over. I will keep everyone updated with what happens, but happy to say so far so good!!!
I am 31 years old with two completely separate uteri, two cervix, and a partial vaginal septum.  I became pregnant with my 1st child after 7 months of trying to conceive on my left side.  He was delivered at 39 weeks for a scheduled c section due to being breech.  I am 5' 3" and petite, but he was a good 7 lb 6 oz.  I recovered well and breastfed easily for over a year.  When pregnant though, my belly was a little lopsided to the left side!  I became pregnant with my second son about 13 months after delivering my first child after using no birth control besides breastfeeding, and almost a week after starting cows milk I got pregnant on my right side.  Again my belly was lopsided to the right.  This pregnancy was very healthy, although this child was smaller.  My water broke at 35 weeks and he was delivered c section again due to being breech.  He was 5 lbs 6 oz.  I think when the uteruses were stretched in the last trimesters they must have been an abnormal shape and the babies could not turn.  Believe me they tried!  My dr thought the biggest risk factors were an incompetent cervix which was carefully monitored, and with my little guy as he was not gaining weight they would monitor the blood flow in unbilical cord which was fine too.  (My Dr. correctly thought that he was just destined to be a smaller person genetically as I'm short & my husband is only 5' 10)  I was under the care of a super perinatologist,  use your intuition when choosing Drs, as you are in for a long relationship!  I was certainly blessed having thought that due to my anomaly motherhood may have been impossible for me.  I wish you all the best.
It feels fantastic to find all these stories,and has left me smilling!..I just visited my doctor a few days ago for something I thought didnt feel right. when she examined me, she told me she suspect i have two cervixes,and two uteruses!?????But can only confirm when an ultra sound is done, which I have to go for soon.
The bottom line is,I am desperate for a baby!,Now am afraid, embarrassed to tell my boyfriend, what the out come would be..
Incase he doesnt understand..then he leaves me....if theres any hope of conceiving, its  should be with him.
My head has been congested, I ve been stressed,that i ended up being horrible to my boyfriend,..who happens to be the only friend I have. It has left us not talking since. Reading your stories has been like talking to someone who empathises. I need your support, especially with conceiving.xx
Hi everyone,

I am 24 years old and 6 months ago had out patient surgery to remove a vaginal septum. After surgery I was told that I had two cervixes and two uterus.  This was crazy to me and not something I was aware could happen! I have always experienced pain during intercourse and thought after surgery and removing the sepum that things would get better. Unfortunately, this has not helped.  My gyno said that everything looks right and my scars from surgery healed great.  He says I probably just have vaginismus.  Has anyone experienced a similar issue.  I feel bad for my poor boyfriend who is very understanding but it just stinks!  ALSO, after reading many comments it appears that a lot of you that have 2 ut and 2 cer. also have only 1 kidney.  My doctor said after surgery that I should get my kidneys checked.  Where do I go for this?  Thanks for all the info!
Hi!  My name is Karen and I have 2 uterus.  I am on my third & final pregnancy.  I am due in 9 days =)  I only have one set of ovaries so I can only be pregnant one uterus at a time.  My first daughter, who is 9 now, was conceived in the right uterus.  I carried her all the way until they induced me 2 days before my due date.  She was 8lbs. 3oz.  My second daughter, who is about to turn 7, was conceived in my left uterus which is the smaller one.  I had her 11 days early and she was 7lbs. 5 oz.  This last baby, which was a total surprise, is in the right uterus.  I have been blessed with three wonderful & safe pregnancies.  I do not know the sex of this baby, but we are anxiously awaiting his/her arrival!!  I've never known anyone who has had the same situation.  It's been very interesting reading all your stories!  BTW...With the two girls we planned...I had absolutely no problems conceiving!

I have two uteruses and 2 cervix.  Unfortunately the uterus that is larger has a large fibroid in it.  The doctors feel that removing the fibroid will not matter since it does not take away from the fact that I still have the uterine anomolies that I have.  They are concerned with me being such a high risk pregnancy if I were to conceive on our own and that I would lose the baby at 5, 6 or even 7 months along.  This thought terrifies me and makes us not want to take the chance and try.   We would be crushed if we lost a baby that late into the pregnancy.

I am scared to death and want a baby more than anything and to give that to my husband.  The doctors keep mentioning Surrogacy which we are open to, but also said it's up to us if we want to try on our own first and see what happens.

Have any of you had a fibroid to deal with on top of all of the other issues??? Any stories you can share or advice would be great.  I am overwhelmed with decisions and information from my appointments.  I have been seeing specialist since I was 16 and am 36 now and it's now time to make decisions and move forward. I am terrified.

Is there hope???

Thanks.
I have two uteruses, two cervixes and one Kidney (left side) - The Dr's advised me this is how I was born and it is common for people who have Uterus didelphys.  I found out when I was 15, I am now 25, it was all very scary to start off with because my Dr at the time had not seen anything like it.  My new Gyno has seen several cases which made me feel better and after researching and reading all these posts makes me feel so much better. I hope to have children naturally in the next 4 years! I hope I am successful like many of the above stories.

Thanks to everyone for sharing! Its great to know your not alone.......
I have a septum (that was never surgically removed or altered) 2 uteri, 2 cervix, 2 vaginal openings, and 2 kidneys. I was on birthcontrol for about 14 years and got pregnant only a year after I stopped taking it. I am currently 33 wks and 2 days prego with our first baby boy. Since women with this anomoly are considered "hish risk" for preterm labor due to the smaller size of the uteri and the baby running out of room I have to see a specialist on a by- weekly basis to ensure that everthing progresses properly. I am happy to report that my pregnancy is considered completely normal other than the obvious. In fact, we are both doing so well that at 28 wks prego the doctors decided that there was no need to see me again until 33 wks gestation. It appears at this point that I will carry at least very close to my due date and will be able to have a vaginal birth since baby boy is already in the head down position and hasn't prematurely run out of space yet. So, in my case I didn't not have to have any surgical removal of my septum, no problems concieving, and so far no pregnancy complications. All women are different but there are many success stories related to the condition. I will post and update after delievery about my situation as it unfolds. But as far as being concerned about risks.... the main concerns with this condition is pre-term labor and the strong possibilty of having a c-section since baby has less room to turn head down. Other than that, you have just as much chance to have a safe and healthy pregnancy/birth as anyone else. I am so glad to hear that so many of you have had successful births. I was nervous about being able to concieve (conceive) and premature labor and first but finally decided that worrying just made matters so much worse and more difficult. So, to all those struggling to conceive or worrying about carrying full term...just breathe, relax, and take it easy and I wish you all the very best!!! Even though we are different, we can have normal pregnancies just like everyone else!!!
When I was 16 I was told I would never have children because I had a membrane sticking down in my uterus and my uterus was very under developed. I was put on birth control pills because my periods were extremely painful and made me sick and bedridden for days. When I was 24 I had to have surgery and during that surgery my doctors found out that I have a double uterus. After I recovered from surgery I had an inter pelvic examine and they found I have a double cervix and double vigina (vagina). At 28 years old my husband and I were ready to have children so I stopped taking birth control. My first period after going off birth control was so painful I went to the doctor and they told me that I had endometriosis and I would probably never had children. But I tried anyway. I had to have surgery to "burn" the endometriosis and was put into a medical enduced menopause (only suppose to last a year) to kill off the endometriosis that could not be burned off. It was a horrible emotional rollercoaster! After a year and a half I went to another doctor because I was not having any periods and was not happy with the doctor that was treating me. With the new doctor I was put on fertility medicine (I can't remember the name of it). I also had to do ovulating tests at home and I found out, after my periods returned, that I don't ovulate. My doctor sent me to a fertility doctor, after having another surgery to burn off the endometriosis and then having a lot of shots in my legs and butt and 2 rounds of artifical insemination in both uterus (my husband also had a low sperm count which didn't help my issues) we conceived triplets in one uterus. When the fertility doctors found out there were three babies they told us we should concider reduction because I only had half a uterus fo three babies. We went to a high risk doctor who said we should just let the preganancy go as is because no one that they knew off had ever had 3 babies in half a uterus (it made me feel like a lab experiment!!) so we went to another doctor who said that he couldn't tell us what to do and couldn't give us any ideas of what to expect because he also didn't know of a case like ours. We ended us doing a reduction to save two babies. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. I still think about that baby every day. My twins were born at 33.5 weeks (because I had toxicimia) and they spent 26 days in the NICU. They are 10 years old now and you wouldn't ever be able to tell they were preemies. I ofter wonder what would have happened if we had tried to carry three babies. Would any of them survived because I would have had to give birth even earlier? If they did, would there be birth defects of mental/health probIems with all three kids? It is something that I will have in my mind for the rest of my life but I am so greatful for the kids I have now. To everyone going through this horrible ordeal, my heart goes out to you. Good luck and I hope you find all the answers to your questions and you are granted the wonderful world of motherhood.  
I am 36yrs old now, been trying since 33yrs, i have been pregnant three times since 2009. 1st one i had my water break at 4mths Aug.09 and they did a D&E, 2nd I delivered baby at 5th mths because she didnt develop any kidney's or bladder in jun2010 (atleast i got to hold her), 3rd at 2 mths went in for check up no HB so had D&C in nov.2010. first two pregnancies where with infertility drug called Femara (two rounds of clomid didnt work at first).I also have PCOS. Last one was spontaneous.  Now i have a new insurance carrier i have had to go thru testing again, so just had that HSG test and they said right tube was blocked, which i knew from previous testing 4years ago, but hears the shocker, a Dr. called today and said that they seen somthing else. instead of seeing one round image for the uterus, they seen two halves.  Now how in the HELL didnt any Dr. before now see this. I've had D&E and D&C, Multiple sono"s thru-out my lifetime, you think someone would've said hey you got 2 uteruses!
What do you think about that?
i have a bicorniate uterus i was told i could never have children and if i did ever manage to conceive my wombs a funny shape and could not carry them full term- 1st child was born on due date 2nd child was 1 day late and i know they were both laying in my left womb which is the smallest womb -when baby grows the womb grows 2. i have recently had miscarriage aswel but unsure which womb is as was early.
I have two uteruses  and two cervixes. and recently found out I'm pregnant. about 4 weeks.  I also have four spleens, a malrotated bowel, heart defects and some other abnormalities.  I found all this out about six years ago.  my gyno told me having a baby would be very difficult. this will be my first as long as all goes well.    
wow i am so glad i found this site I didn't know there were so many women out there like me.... I got pregnant when i was really young and I had a little girl who is 9 years old now i carried her to full term and she was healthy... When i turned 17 i decided i was ready to have another child i tried for 6 months and then finally got pregnant and i carried my son until i was 4 1/2 months then went into early labor and he didnt make it was so hard for me....  the doctors in cali could not figure out y  my son didnt make it... I also had a period every month with him except i missed my first period..  when I was 20 i decided to move to louisiana not knowing that i was pregnant again then i found out when i was 1 month and then one day i started bleeding so after loosing my son it worried me alot so i went to the hospital i didnt have a dr here yet... Come to find out that i was pregnant with twins and that i have 2 uterus and i had a baby in each one and one baby was 2 weeks older than the other one.. well i ended up misscarring my twins and i have not gotten pregnant since although i have been trying but have so many more questions and much to still learn about my body after reading some of your storys now i know i need to get an HSG done so im going to look into that asap and c how my body is and if im able to have moe kids I need answers??
I have two uteri and one cervix. Im pregnant on my left side, im not sure if i can get pregnant on the right side..but I'm 17 (18 on Nov. 21) and I always knew something was different down there. Lol. I had a medium - thick piece of skin the was about an inch inside my vagina, I just thought it was the hym that you have when youre a virgin. But then after I had sex for the first time it was still there and every once in awhile dring sex it would get hit from penetration and it would hurt REALLY bad. I didn't know I had two uteruses until I found out I was pregnant.. I mentioned to my Dr. about the skin strip in my vagina he checked it out and did an ultra sound then gave me the news. Haha. But also I have a short cervix and curved shaped uterus that he baby is in. They told me I should be in bed rest because I am at high risk of premature labor. I'm due dec. 17th and I had a labor scare today actually. Luckily nothing happened, but it's still very scary.
3YEARS AGO WHEN I GOT PREGNANT I WAS TOLD I HAD TWO UTERUS A HEART SHAPE THE DOCTOR CALLED IT I ONLY GOT TO MY 7TH MONTH IN MY PREGNANCY BUT THRUOUT MY 7 MONTHS I WAS SPOTING AT TIMES AND I WAS TOLD TO BED REST MAYBE I WOULD OF BED RESTED LIKE I WAS TOLD I BELIEVE I WOULD OF GONE FULL TERM I HAD A C-SECTION DUE TO THE BABY BEEN IN A STANDING UP RIGHT POSITION....MY DAUGHTER IS NOW 3 AND A FEW MONTHS HEALTHY AS CAN BE .... YOU CAN INDEED GET PREGNANT ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME.... STRESS CAN ALSO BE A FACTOR IN NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONCIVE
I was at the ER yesterday for irregular vaginal bleeding for 2mos and a wk. The first time I had this was in 2001, then 2006, then 2008 and now it's 2011. My boyfriend and I have been together for 7yrs and been trying to conceive. Instead of conceiving we face these menses problems over and over again. Dr. had ordered an ultrasound and there was the first time in my life I ever heard of 2 vaginas, 2 uteri, 2 crevices! I almost pass out shock I was scared thinking "why me? Am I the only person with these abnormalities?" I was too weak, nauseated and dizzy to ask what is going on exactly but I was given birth control pills and was sent home. I feel very helpless, And I found these posted comments which makes me feel a little better after being very sarcastic this morning about my health.
I am glad to have this forum discovered. Have read all the posts so far and it seems there are a lot more positive outcomes with double uterus', although a few comments about miscarriages around 10-15 weeks make me uneasy. I am 29 and this is my 1st pregnancy, tried to conceive for more than 2 years, then stopped, went on to the pill again for a couple of months and then 2 months after I stopped taking the pill I got pregnant, this was a total surprise as we were not trying as I was on a medication... I am 8 weeks now, just last week went for an ultrasound and there was heart beat!!!!  Everything looks normal, pregnancy is in the right horn at the top where it should be as they say. I learnt about my abnormality when I was 17  and tried to have sex for the first time, and couldn't  really do it. Went to the gyno, and then I found out I had a thick septum running along the entire length of my vagina, and ultrasound confirmed I had a double uterus. The doctors couldn't quite confirm whether I have 1 or 2 cercices only recently it has been finally confirmed I have 2.... My boyfriend was very understanding and patient, and later on the septum had stretched and I was able to have intercourse, although always with some discomfort at the beginning... For some reason the surgery was not suggested until I went to live in another country - NZ, where I have now lived happily for 7 years. The septum has been surgically removed 8 months ago and made my sex life a lot more enjoyable hence I think it also helped to get pregnant. Except for feeling sick with morning sickness and fatigue everything seems to be ok so far, I have been referred to the specialists to monitor my pregnancy and am just waiting for the 1st visit, really hope everything will be ok, it's a miracle, also my due date is on my 30th birthday, so I really hope to have a healthy baby then it would be the best birthday present!!!!
I have double uterus and i was wondering if i can be pregnant in one uterus  ( i had  hcg test - positive) and still  have my period from the other uterus?? did any of you ladies had your period while pregnant in one uterus and the second uterus bleeded???

is it possible?/

thanx
I have UD and have had two successful pregnancies though both my children were born early at 34 and 35 weeks. They have not been impacted by this long term and were caught up by 6 months. Now pregnant with baby number 3. My advice to any newly pregnant ladies with this condition is not to worry too much. For me, the first two pregnancy were pretty smooth until 30 weeks and after that things got a little more challenging--bed rest, etc. Also if you are planning to have more than one do your body a favour and ensure you wait 18 months between pregnancies. This will help decrease your risk of prematurity.
My wife has a UD and we have been trying to concieve (conceive). We are thinking of going for IUF. Did it work for you? Please let me know.

***@****
I JUST FOUND OUT TODAY THAT MY DAUGHTER HAS EXACTLY WHAT YOU HAVE. WE ARE STILL WAITING TO SEE IF SHE HAS A SECOND KIDNEY, BUT FOR NOW, SHE ONLY HAS ONE.
I have UD with one cervix and have endometriosis.  I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and have had NO complications at all.  I guess my concern at this point is baby running out of room before my scheduled c-section. I always wonder if my uterus is smaller since there are 2 of them.  

I was always pessimistic about getting pregnant - i've had so many issues and this is truly a blessing!  so yes, it can happen!!!! i wish all of you the best of luck!
I was diagnosed with UD over two yars ago. I found out when I became pregnant with my son. My OBGYN told me I should get my kidneys checked. My eamily doctor said that since I have never had issue I should be fine. I have lots of questions about UD. I have 1 vagina, 2 uterus (heart shaped 2 horns,and 1 cervix (what they could tell). We have been trying for 7 months mow for another and have not had any luck. I was also wondering if it was possible to be preg in one uterus and a period in the other? Can someone help answer my questions. I do not think my doctors have seen this issue very often if at all.
I will share a piece of information with you. I am 40 years old. I began to realize something was not "right" with me down below at the age of 14 because I would try to use a tampon and would still "leak" and after exploring myself by the time I reached the age of 16 I approached my mother and told her I think I have two holes down there. She looked at me strange and replied there's no such thing. When I was 18 I went to a gyno/obstetric doc because I had been sexually active since age 14 and never conceived and my husband & I were getting worried, so the doctor confirmed my worst fears...I had Uterine Didylphis with two cervix accompanied with a septum, thus creating two vaginas and that he said I would never be able to get pregnant, I left the office, stunned, drove two miles in the rain and had to pull the car over to ball & cry and then tell my husband what was wrong. Three years later, I found myself divorced and with someone else, I got pregnant in the right side, I was high risk, I tried to miscarry at 7 weeks, began dilating at 6 months, but was able to stop contractions with the aid of medication taken every four hours, gave birth by c-section 4 days before my actual due date to a healthy 7lb 6oz 20inch long baby girl, who is now 18 herself. When I was 30yrs old, my family doc sent me in for an ultrasound on my kidney's after I told him of my female reproductive condition because he said, AND HERE'S the answer to your main question, that during conception when the reproductive organs are being formed, that it is also the same tissue that forms the uterus that also forms the kidneys and that most all women who have UD will also have some form of kidney abnomaley also. I found that my left kidney is smaller than the average size kidney should be and that my right kidney is malformed with a nodule on it. So if you know someone else that ever has this condition you can pass this piece of info onto them. I'm sorry I was "long winded" with my story, but I thought It might help any other questions you may have had. ALSO one last thing, for the most part, women with UD usually don't get pregnant or find it extremely difficult to do so. IF anyone has this condition and has 1 child they are blessed. I never have ever had another pregnancy again. Just the one, and I thank God for her everyday. I hope I was of some help to you.  (p.s. yes, u can still have a period all through a pregnancy also unexplained spotting during a pregnancy, and when not pregnant ur cycles can coincide together or at different times which really ***** if that happens. If u have anymore questions u could think of u can fb me via ***@****
i do. me and my husband been together for going on 7 years n been trying since we pretty much got together. we fell in love so fast n just wanted kids of our own. still have not got pregnant! :( i was referred to a OBGYN specialist but i have to pay $150 up front to just do blood work and what not to see if i can even concieve (conceive) at all.. so this is something i am going to look into cause we r foster parents n would really love to have OUR OWN kids! soon! i wish u the best and i wish u luck as well!
Hi I also have 2 uterus ex and one kidney...I was told it goes together..sort of a birth defect.  I have 3 girls ages 6,7 and 16 so proof u CAN have kids!
Hi, I have 2 uteruses and 1 cervix only. I was told by doc I was not pregnant and that I cannot conceive basically. A week later my brother got me several kits to encourage me (randomly). And to our surprise, all 5 kits showed positive and 3-5 weeks pregnant.

Now my gynae thinks I have 1-2 babies in me.
I know this is greedy but I'm worried I can't conceive again after this. So how high are my chances of twins?
Don't worry, I had exactly the same thing. However, I did have the vaginal septum removed. You can have children. I did, and they told me I would never be able to have any. I had a c-section and gave birth to a very healthy 5lb. 15oz. baby girl in July of 1997.
Hello Ladies,

I have also 2 Uterus and 1 cervix and 1 kidney, me and my husband trying from last 3 months but i am not get pregnant. can any body suggest me the intercourse style(Position) which will help us to get me pregnant.

and also suggest me the diet and i have found while i am searching that Folic Acid tab will be helpfull. Please help me.
I have just found out I have 2 Wombs I am so confused.
Will I have problems conceiving?
Will I be able to have a natural delivery?
If I ever fall pregnant is there chances I could lose the baby?

Any information would be good.

Hello! I just found out I may have 2 cervixes, I have an appointment to get an ultrasound soon and find out for sure then. But I also have 1 kidney! pretty wierd
This has been very interesting reading for me. I was diagnosed with UD when I was 12 (now 19) and had a laperoscapy when I was 13. Until now I have never really looked into it or wondered what this could cause me in the future if I try to concieve (conceive)! I also only have my right kidney which is apparently bigger than a normal one. Glad I found the page as I'm not nearly as worried knowing there are plenty of others out there! Good luck to all of you currently trying or experiencing any problems with it
I don't know if you log on here any more, but they have never diagnosed me with it, but I have all but the A in VATER. I am currently 26 weeks pregnant in my left uteri. I see a High Risk doctor because of some of my side complications and was just released from hospital watch to be on bed rest until my little guy comes, but so far so good!
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers