Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
pregnant with 2 embryos

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

pregnant with 2 embryos

Hi i have resently had ivf and found out im pregnant very pleased. I had 2 embyos transfered so i presume im pregnant with twins. If only one embryo implanted what would happen to the other would it bleed out would i spot what would happen!!!
If only one took then would not bleed and it just would not attach. It would just come out and you would not know it when it did. hope it is twins though! Hey it could be more if they split!!! Good luck with your pregnancy.
I did wonder if it just comes out and you would'nt know either way. thanks...
You don't always get pregnant with twins even if you had 2 embies transfered.They never transfer just one embryo on ivf. One would not attach and you would not bleed. What was your first beta? If is a high level then you may pregnant with twins.Good luck

There are places that transfer only 1 embryo at a time especially if it is a 5 day blastocyst transfer even in the US.
i also had two embryos transfered, i just recently got  positive result and been wondering if i could be pregnant with twins and if not what could have happened to the other one. My first beta test was on Monday the 6th and my level was 1118 and went for a second test Wednesday  the 8th and my levels were 2500, could this mean both embryos implanted? could i be pregnant with twins?
Your beta is really high.Congrats.You might have twins.Usually the first beta with a singleton is less than 200 but your yours is very high.But only the first sono will tell.
I've read that in order to create a twin, one blast splits into 2 thus creating twins.  If both blasts split, that would indicate quints.  Wow!  Your hcg levels are pretty hight.  GL
What day DPO was your first beta test?  Those are high numbers!!!  I'm SURE its more than one!!!  CONGRATS!
I had 3 implanted once and got a singleton
two implanted once and got twins
3 implanted once and got twins

Good luck
The first day of my beta was 11 days post transfer and the second one was 14 days post transfer. It's my first pregnancy and had to resort to ivf, I am really hoping for twins.
keep us posted
My beta was also high 1149 on 8th July i had my 2 blastocysts tranfered on the 25th June but havent had a second blood test why have some of you had 2 lots of blood work done?
it depends on the RE