Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
progesterone lab

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

progesterone lab

I have to go next thursday to get my lab done. I was wondering what it entails, is it just they draw some blood and I leave or what? Also can I eat before or does that matter? Thanks ladies!

Baby dust!!!!
Hello....
I had day 3 labs done today not sure if it is the same thing...probably is was told thatit is used to determine FSH levels. I just gave blood paid my co-pay and left. Are you a 1st timer of IVF as I am? Not sure what good #'s are maybe somebody can share that with us as well.
just draw blood....can eat and do whatever....nothing to exciting to checking progesterone.
well bust our bubbles why dontcha...lol (no excitement there)
I am not trying to take over this post or anything but just FYI, dont know how much truth is to it, but I read somewhere (on some website while obcessing about my prog. levels) that certain foods can have an affect on your progesterone levels.  I meant to ask my doc and forgot. I am curious to know what foods that would be.
I read the same thing too, that maybe fasting should be done before checking?  I just had mine checked and they gave me no instructions but that's what a website said.
I wondered about it after I had my test done before the m/c but the site didn't say wether the foods would increase it or decrease it.  I wish I could find more info on it.
Progesterone levels vary wildly.  You could test it 3 times in one day and get different levels.  It has to be tested every month for several months ideally, to get an idea of the trend, rather than taking one # as gospel.