Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
progesterone level

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

progesterone level

I have not been ovulating so I was started on clomid.  After 50 mg I had my progesterone level drawn on day 21 and it was 0.9 (very low), so I was started on provera and then took clomid 100 mg.  On day 21, i got my progesterone level drawn again and it was 0.9 (again)... they want me now to wait another week and repeat the test.  is there any chance i could still ovulate?  why would my progesterone level be so low??  could it mean anything other than a lack of ovulation??  any chance 150 mg of clomid could make me ovulate?
It does sound like no o. Sorry. It is possible a higer dose may do it. I know there are some women it took 200-250 to o. There are other meds too if the clomid doesn't do it. :)
Hello! Same thing happened with me. 50 mg 0.49 , 100 mg 0.53 . My dr then told me that we could do 150 but the chances of that even working were slim since i showed no response. But like one of the above posters said, some women just take a lot higher of dosage. My dr didn't feel comfortable going that high. He wanted me to drop back down to 50 mg and add injectibles. Good luck to you! I know it is very frustrating to not even O with clomid.  Hang in there!!!
Are you BBT charting or using OPK's?  Also what days are you taking the Clomid?  My first dr. started me out on days 6-10 and I didn't O until CD18-19, even CD21 once.  Second dr. changed to days 5-9 and pretty much the same thing happened.  Went to RE and he actually lowered my dose and had me take it days 3-7, got +OPK on CD12, had IUI on CD13 and got pg with twins! Your progesterone level should be checked at 7 dpo not necessarily CD21 because you might not be o'ing on CD14.  If you ovulate later then you would need your progesterone checked later.  The only way to pinpoint when ovulation does occur is by temping or using an OPK.  I suggest using the BBT because it will show you patterns.  If you see a sustained thermal shift, then you can bet you o'd.  How long are your cycles?  I still had 28 day cycles even when I didn't O.  

I have been taking clomid days 5-9.  i have done OPKs both times i took clomid and never got a positive result.  therefore, i took provera to induce a period and then increased my dose of clomid.   if it is day 23 (after taking 100 mg clomid day 5-9) do you think there is any chance i could still O?  Do you think I might have better luck taking clomid next month days 3-7?  I have not been charting my BBTs.  I did have an US day 14 of this month and I had several (about 8) follicles on each ovary.  the largest one was only 10 mm, so she did not think that it would mature this month to be released and ovulate.  how large should it have been on day 14?
Has your doctor mentioned giving you hcg injections?  Sometimes this can help make follicles more mature and time when the eggs are released.  Before I moved on to injectibles or even a higher dosage (150 mg), I would ask about taking the 100 mg earlier in the cycle. I had extreme side effects from the 150 mg.  I felt like my ovaries were going to burst, but when I took the 100 mg earlier, I barely had any ovulation pain at all.  However, the earlier you take it, the more follicles you are likely to produce (hence, we are having twins).  My RE didn't think Clomid was going to work for me, but taking it earlier did the trick!  Good luck!
my first month on 50 mg of clomid  had progesterone test monday 25th  levels are 89.4 so know i deff ovulated   can take a preg test 29th . good luck to you all
my last period was jan 27. i started taking clomid the  31st from days 5 to 9. And i went to the dr to have my Progesterone level checked on Feb 18  and my progesterone level  was 22. And i was only on 50mg of clomid is this good???? Could i be pregnancy????