Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
progesterone shot symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

progesterone shot symptoms

I am right now in the two week wait. I am using a gestational carrier who is a friend of mine. She says she feels very pregnant and is convinced. I'm a little more sceptical though. She is taking progesterone shots and has many symtoms (symptoms) such as tiredness, sore breasts, excess saliva, and uterine twinges and cramping. Could every one of these symptoms be caused from the progesterone??
How far into the 2ww are you?
progesterone can have the same symptoms as pregnancy.  If she started feeling this way right away, right from the start, then it's most likely caused by the progesterone.  If she starts having these symptoms later in the 2ww, and the symptoms increase, ex. the breast pain increases every day, then it could be a sign of something else.
good luck!
bump
yes those are both pregnancy and progesterone symptoms.  i am on the prog suppositories and had all those symptoms.  the only different thing i got befor my BFP test was i out of the blue vomitted for no reason at all like 2 times one day last week.  i think it was from my body having hcg in it all of the sudden.