Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
progesterone supplements

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

progesterone supplements

I am on my 3rd round of Clomid and I should be ovulating any time if I haven't already. I had an RE appt. today and told him about my spotting for about a week before AF and he said it wouldn't hurt to take progesterone supplements now, just in case. He said I probably had already ovulated but doesn't really know. I've had a positive OPK every day since Sat. My question is, he told me to start the pills today but what if I haven't O'd yet. Will that hurt anything? And I'm guessing that if I do get pregnant, it will be ok when I go off the progesterone (he gave me 15 days worth). Any advice? I didn't think to ask those questions while I was there.