Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
progesterone to estrogen ratio?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

progesterone to estrogen ratio?

Does anyone know what the progesterone to estrogen ratio is?  My RE mentioned something about this at my last visit (after the blast transfer... while I was just lying on my belly for half an hour) he was overlooking our chart and asking about our levels we had done

He had mentioned that if the ratios are off that it inhibits implantation and pregnancy.... HELLOOOOOO!!!!!!  I know from my last test that my LH was 103 and progesterone was .2 (before shots and right before 'ovulation')

I am beginning to wonder if this is something that should be monitered after the transfer instead of waiting for two weeks....

What is the correct ratio? Anyone know?
Never heard of that...  My RE just gave me progesterone and strogen supplements w/o ever checking my levels.  I took estrogen for about a week after transfer.  
March 2, 2011

Yes there is such thing as E/P ratio. This is what I JUST found from 2007 (!!!) research:   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1832209/

My ratios were never checked either and I am mad! It's the 4'th time I try. Second time I miscarried TWINS around 4-5 weeks and was told "ah, there must have been somthing wrong with the embrios and they didn't survive!"

Unfortunately, I'll probably have to go again, b/c it does not feel like it worked this time either...

Hope this helps!