Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
progynova and getting pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

progynova and getting pregnant

Hi, I am on cyclo progynova (first month). My doctor prescribed it to me as my menstruation has always been irregular (even every 5 months) and I do not have ovulation or have it rarely and would like to get pregnant. I am a mum already (got pregnant using clostibegyt (5 pils from 5th day of the cycle) and duphaston after ovulation). Now my doctor told m one to take cyclo progynova (5 cycles) and get back to her. She told not to try to get pregnant while using Progynova.
I am afraid that this is a lack of time and I would like to trey to get pregnant. Ovulation tests was positive on 16 and 17 pill (today I will take 18th one). I am wondering if it is possible to get pregnant and if I will succeed -whether those brown pills will not make harm to my baby or make my organism get rid of the embroy cause their function is to stimulate menstruation so in that case pregnancy is impossible cause even when you get pregnant you will miscarriage.
Maybe if i know that those tabs succeeded to stimulate my ovulation I should try to get pregnant and add duphaston from let's say 20 day on to keep eventual pregnancy? or maybe should stop taking pills after taking only white ones?
what should I do? I heard girls got pregnant while taking progynova, other say doctors say it is dangerous for baby, others take progynova and duphaston from 16-17 day.
And last question. If I will stop taking those pills after 3 cycles, I suppose everythnig will be as earlier-no regular menstruation, no ovualtion so what are those tabs for if I cannot try to get pregnant while takimg them?