Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
provera/missed period/stress!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

provera/missed period/stress!

Can anyone give me their opinion on this...

In March, I had a large ovarian cyst.  It burst and everything was back to normal for April.  I am a very regular person when it comes to my period.  I have a 28-30 day cycle and have never missed a beat.  May rolls around, and i have missed my period, which is now 13 days late.  I have taken several HPT over the 2 weeks and all BFN!  Now, My husband and I are not yet trying to concieve (conceive).  But, I have been going regularly to my OB b/c of the cyst. I have heard that some people dont respond to HPT and need blood tests to determine pregnancy.. does anyone know if this is true?

My Dr said that its probably b/c of stress.  (I have recently lost a nephew and grandmother, and work 1 FT and 1 PT Job and am in PT college, So plainly, I'm stressed)  I am wondering if this is true too, kinda think it is.  Now, she told me that i can be put on Provera to start my period, but It's up to me...  I dont know what i should do.  Provera wont "cure" my missed cycle, it will just give me my period.  The next month, i may or may not get it.  Whats the deal with Provera?  Should i just wait it out and let my period catch up?  Should I take it?  any suggestions?
I have a blood test fri to check for pregnancy (which, if I am, we may need to alert the Pope, b/c my husband and i have hardly seen eachother let alone do the baby dance ) and i have the prescription here for when i get those results.  

Help me?  I dont know what to do... take it? not take it?  De stress and not take it? Any one go through this?

Thanks!
Hey Girl.... I am so sorry for both of your lost!!!! I am asking God right to touch your broken heart amd to Heal your soul, mind and body in JESUS name AMEN!!! Now Girl I can tell that when you stress and you over work your brain you can messed up your cycles. I think your cycles are messed up because you are emotionally drained right now. I think you should just take it easy for awhile, relax, pray, talk to God eachtime you feel down... I do and it works everytime. He is a good listener!!! and Good Provider, Healer, EVERYTHING!!!! I am just excited thinking about MY Father in HEAVEN!!!! Now when I missed my period.... My period had reset itself for next month meaning instead of the beginning of the month, it came at the ned of the month... making it seem missed... But God bless you :)
Thanks for responding... have you ever been on Provera before?  I kinda think I should wait as well.  It should restart--I'd Imagine.  I have been praying on this loong and strong, I too am a women of faith :) I am The youth director/preschool teacher at my church :)  I appreciate your kind words!  So.. are you TTC now?
I WOULD ALSO SAY THAT IF YOU ARENT TRYING TO CONCEIVE THAN TO JUST WAIT IT OUT AND LET YOUR BODY DO WHAT IT MAY.  IT DOESNT HURT YOUR BODY TO NOT HAVE PERIODS SO UNLESS YOU ARE TRYING FOR A BABY I DONT THINK YOU WOULD NEED TO TAKE ANY MEDS.
Hey there... see, I am not trying now to get pregnant.  But I wanna make sure everything is "working"  b/c we will be trying soon....and it's not.  Im getting worried that b/c everything thats going on i may not be able to concieve (conceive) or will have trouble.  so you are saying that not having your period is ok?  I have NEVER been irregular and i work like clockwork usually.  This is all really a surprise to me.  Do you think I should just wait for the next month and see if my period comes back?
I would say that stress is the cause of your period to stop, Take it easy i wouldn't take the provera either due to the fact when i take it AF shows up with a vengence..lol.. any way good luck and try not to stress to much.