Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
provera

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

provera

this is my second time on provera in two months.. the first time i got my period on day 3 of a 10 day dosage... i'm now on day 6 of a 10 day dosage and still now AF....  does anyone know what happens if i don't get my AF once i finish my 10 days? i was sure i was going to get it since i got it so soon the last time... but no luck...
If you don't get af at all, you could be pregnant.  BUT... I'm not sure what dose you're on, but I'm on 10mg for FIVE days.  I just started again tonight, but I've done this dose four times now.  Each time I got af 3-5 days AFTER I stopped taking it, so I'd give it some more time.  Especially if you're on it for 10 days - I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come til the end, but I'm not completely sure because our time frames are different and our dose may be different too (not to mention our bodies!) - so I can only say what I've experienced - hope it helps a little.
thanks.... i just checked the bottle... i'm also on 10mg this round...i know it was 10 mg last round too. day 7 now and nothing.... i once took it years ago cause i've always had irregular periods and same as you i got it right away...although i would love to be pg, i'd be alittle scared cuz i read that being on provera during the first trimester is not good.  playing the waiting game...stinks.  never thought i'd WANT my af! lol
I'm also taking same 10mg for 10 days -last dose tonite. So far no AF, but when I took last year for 5 days (2X)never had AF until after finished. Hopefully it will show soon so as to start clomid on CD 3. fingers crossed!! =)
You should start your period 3-7 days after finishing your medication. FYI, if you ever need to get a withdrawal bleed again, may I suggest to ask your doctor for Prometrium instead of Provera. It is a pregnancy category B product, which means is safe to take while if you were to become pregnant. Provera is category X-as mentioned in an earlier posting-could be harmful. Prometrium also does not give you the PMS side effects that Provera sometimes can. Good luck.
thanks... good to know. i'm on day 9 now and nothing. i was used to getting it around day 3 or so... but i now know this is normal...