Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
question about injectables...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

question about injectables...

does anyone know if injectables are used alone... or combined with other meds like clomid or something else... also are injectables usually used within a certain day of your cycle? I know with clomid i had to take it on days 5-9, what days would you have to do the injectables?
they can be combined w/ clomid in certain cases. generally you start inj. on CD3 and take them for as long as needed to develop the follicles-- you will be monitored via u/s.
i see... thanks for the info.
I used the injections starting on the evening of day 3.  You will have to go in and get a few ultrasounds to see how much the follicles have grown.  I never heard of using the clomid and the injectables simultaneously.  When your doc says it time, (your follicles have to grow to about 15) you'll take a different injection to make you ovulate within 24 hours and then you will be inseminated (if that is what you are doing).  I am on my second try and waiting to see if I get a period.  Good luck!
good luck to u! hope it works out!