questions on DHEA and egg quality
I'm hoping I can get some good advice about DHEA and how it will affect the quality of my eggs.  Does it only increase the number of eggs? I'm almost 41(March) FHS 19.  I don't have any insurance coverage for IVF and they have said because of my high FSH they wouldn't do it anyway.  I will try just about anything to help things along.  I have read the CHR website about DHEA but I don't know where to start-and they say not to  take it without a Drs care. Please any advice would be a help!
I took it because my DHEA levels were actually low.  I stopped taking it when the levels got to be too high (story of my life ;) )  Due to its controversy, I wouldn't be comfortable taking it without blood tests.

There is another post on here about DHEA and that might be a good resource for you!
I have quite a few sites bookmarked on my computer at home that are very informative. I am at work now, so I can't post them I will put them up when I get home.

DHEA can help lower FSH in most cases. It's just a matter of how much. The results vary a great deal. There are several RE's that are rxing it patients now that are preparing for IVF. In something like 15% of this one drs patients that were taking it, became spontaneously pg b4 their IVF cycle. That was very encouraging to me.

DHEA is good for a great many things. Your insurance should cover a routine blood workup to see what your level is. It is likely low. Our bodies produce less and less as we age. It does take several months for it to build in your body to get to the point where it helps.

Sorry I don't have the info on hand.