Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
residual cysts after Follistim

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

residual cysts after Follistim

Hi everyone!
Wondering if anyone has the same situation. I was on Follistim and had IUI this past cycle, didn't get pregnant. Today the ultrasound revealed that I have quite a few residual cysts left, so my doc said that we should take a break this month from the meds to give them time to dissolve and try IUI next cycle, so in a month. I am wondering, though, if it's safe for us to try to get pregnant on our own this month, i.e. no meds, just the ovulation predictor kit. Or is it more advisable just to take a true break and not even try? Will I ovulate at all with all those follicles still up there? Thanks very much in advance for your responses!
I had 2 non functional cysts after clomid and my Dr said the same thing. But I insisited on that we kept trying and Thankfully we did . I tried Femara that cycle and by CD12 U/S both the cysts were gone. I think u can surely try on ur own with no meds without issues.
My Dr told me that these cysts don't interfere with Ovulation or implantation.
Good lcuk!
I also had multiple cysts after my first round of IUI.  I don't see why you can't try on your own.  My dr also suggested I take the month off which I did.   I think the cysts can somehow interfere with the meds (hormones are released) depending on how big and how many.  My cycle did last a little longer which made me think that things were not quite normal.

Thankfully all the cysts cleared in one cycle and I just started a new cycle which I have chosen to go natural for various reasons but I would have been fine to do the meds and IUI.

All the best.  It might be good to give your body a break from the meds but if you can try on your own then I would go for it.

I know it seems really frustrating and one cycle seems forever away, but I really felt I should be in the best condition to invest in a cycle of IUI.  

All the best and good luck!!!  
Dear Stacey and Kash, thanks so much for your replies! So we'll try on our own, I just need to ovulate now :)  Who would've thought that making a baby can be such hard work :) Good luck to you too!