Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
retroverted uterus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

retroverted uterus

Anyone else lucky enough to have one of these bad boys?  Are you doing anything different than those with a "normal" uterus?
It seems that my retroverted turns anteverted every so often. According to my doctor, it all depends on how retroverted the uterus is. According to my second last ultrasound on the 16th of November, my uterus was anteverted, but the one on the 1st of November, it was retroverted. I know it sounds confusing and far fetched, but I guess it switches everytime. Hope this helps.
All I know is that my menstrual cramps are VERY painful, and endometriosis has been ruled out. And the cramps are mainly in my lower back when I do get them, but each month is different. I hope this helps.
If you are concerned, there is a treatment or procedure that can correct a retroverted uterus, so try talking to your gyno regarding it.
Also, it is rumoured that retroverted uterus can also be a main cause of recurrent miscarriages.
Take care girl.
I have a retroverted uterus. I have two girls age 4 and 6 and had no problems conceiving, but I am having problems now. I have been told it doesn't affect anything because it straigtens out during pregnancy. Good Luck!
ok sorry to give tmi .. but doggy style worked for me.
I have a retroverted uterus and I had NO problems conceiving my 2 children.  I typically have horrible cramps during AF, but I don't know if that is due to the uterus going the wrong way.  I was diagnosed with this when I was 16 and I was so worried about not being able to have babies and my doctor said we would cross that bridge when we got there, and now, 13 years later, I have had 2 successful, and easy, pregnancies!
i have been diagnosed with retoversed uterus and i recently had a miscarriage.i was able to conceive but after the miscarriage my ob told me that with my diagnosis it will be difficult to conceive. i was then toldthat i have a polycistic ovary which also makes it difficult to have a baby. i have a daughter from a previous relaltionship which did not work out and now i am in a relationship with a man that adores me and i know how badly he wants a baby and i am scared that i might not be able to give that to him. i am 33 and i have a child of my own, he is 29 and what if i cant give him a baby? it scares me!!!
I have a retroverted uterus.  I had a uterine suspension (during a lysis of endometrial lesions) to put it in the right position, but because of pain and cramping...not because of infertility.  It is now right back to being retroverted (less than two years after the surgery).  My RE, who did the surgery, is not concerned about the position, although he admits that it may be more difficult to carry any twins/multiples.  Also, as someone mentioned above, I was told that post-IUI sex should be modified (a.k.a. from behind) and that I should lay on my stomache, rather than my back, afterwards. (Sorry if tmi).I just started my first IVF cycle after 3 failed IUI's, so here's hoping that the position of the uterus truly isn't a problem.
You're not alone. Strangely enough, I was diagnosed with a retroverted uterus 2+ years ago, a few months before my wedding. Now I went for another ultrasound and was told that I have an anteverted uterus. I'm still to find out how my uterus tilt could have changed from one extreme to the other in such a short space of time! I'm wondering if sexual activity normalised it. I'm not and haven't been pregnant or anything, so it isn't due to pregnancy.
i have 4 kids  i heard most say it straigtens through pregancy  in my case it never did i still get very bad pain maybe for some it does and some it doesnt , i can understand what everyone is going through , i wish there was some way to get rid of pain, i been suffering with  retroverted uterus over 20 years,  im 40 now and pain is getting worse then before ...