Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
should I start clomid on day 3 or 5?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

should I start clomid on day 3 or 5?

Well, af came today (it's OK, I was expecting it - took provera) and now I'm about to start up my second round of clomid.  When it was prescribed to me, my dr said to wait 5 days AFTER I started bleeding, so I had actually started it on CD 6.  Then I read you're supposed to start it on CD 3 or CD 5.  I'm considering starting it sooner, because when I started it on CD 6, I didn't O until CD 23 or 24.  That's all the longer I have to wait to test for preg!  I wondered who's had what experiences between taking it day 3 or day 5 or if I should just stick with day 6 since it definitely worked and made me O even though it was late.
My dr told me to tart it on day 3. If you take it later I think you will O later and you don't want to do that.
i was told to start taking it on day 3
f you start clomid on day 3 you could get there is more chance of getting pregnant. are you taking estrogen and prochieve with the clomid?
I am not on those - just provera to initiate af, Clomid and metformin for my PCOS
My Dr told me to take it on days 5 through 9 of my cycle.
You will ovulate sooner if you take it on days 3-7, but your chances of conceiving are the same if you take it on days 5-9.
My dr has me take it days 5 thru 9.  I'm not sure what else you dr is doing with you other than having you take the clomid, but if you change the days, it will throw off any other scheduled items.  I would stick with what he told you to do.  Best of luck.