small cervix
Hi everyone, has anyone been told ny their doctor that they have an extra small cervix?  When I asked him if it could prevent the swimmers from getting through he said it is possible but it's not certain. I was on clomid for 1 month, this month no meds, in a week I will start injectables. IUI has been discussed but not definate. I feel like what's the use of the meds (I am ovulating, but my FSH level is a bit on the higher side) if the swimmers can't make it thru? Meds are brutal.          Thanks for listening!
Hi!

Someone else posted a similar question at the bottom of the page (I think it's from Nwmom).  I'll paste what I wrote to them.

I have a similar problem with my cervix but mine is scar tissue covering my cervix from a cervical biopsy.  I asked my doc if that affects getting pregnant and she explained that as long as I bleed each month, there is room for the blood to get out and that means the spermies can make it through also.

Also, you can look into cervical mucus problems that could be affected by some glands that are at the end of your cervix.  If they're not there or whatever then you may not have enough fertile quality mucus to conceive and you could just try using some artificial lubricant like Pre-seed.

Good luck!