sperm
How long does it take sperm to reach the egg and fertilize it after sex..i heard up to 30 mins, 2-3 days and 7 days?When the sperm is still swimming around after a day will it still be avle to fertilize and get u pregnant.Like if i had sex on a saturday will i be able to become pregnant on that next monday?
I've read so many different things.  I know it takes hours and not minutes to actually make it to the tube.  But I think it makes it through the cervix within minutes.  But the sperm have to actually do something where they kinda morph or something first in order to feritilize an egg and I've read that this can take 12 hours.  And sperm can live from about 2-7 days max, with 3-5 being more likely.  So yeah, I'd say it's very likely you could get preggo from sex on Sat and getting there on Monday (I'm assuming that's when you O'd?).  But that's why doctors recommend that if you are ttc to BD every two days.

But who knows with so many different articles out there saying different things.  Just make sure you cover the bases either way.

Good luck!!
If im not mistaken it takes about 5 min to reach the cervix. As far as reaching the fallopian tube, it depends on the sperm, if they are moving str8 towards the tube and not moving in circle or backwards etc. I read somewhere Sperm travels about 1/8 inch per minute. Sounds pretty slow until you realize Sperm is about 1/600 inch long. If you scale that up to "human" size that's about 4-5 miles / hour -- slow jogging speed. (not sure how correct that is, but i read it somewher) Rule of thumb 4 hours to 3 days with healthy sperm. Its always a good idea to have sex b4 ovulation to have sperm waitin. My last pregnancy(which ened in m/c in june) i had sex almost 10 hours after i ovulated, that was the only day i bd'd and got preggo. So that took less than a day and i m not sure where the egg was at that time in my body.  So yes you can very well be preggo.
If you have not ovulated yet, the sperm will get bogged down for some time in the fertile cm. It needs the cm to tranform to the state it needs to be to fertilize the egg. It can live on average 2 days there. In some cases, it can live longer, but 48hrs is about average.  Once the egg is released, the cm thins out and makes little channels for the sperm to swim free and easily. The uterus actually helps push them foward by tiny contractions. It takes just over an hr for them to get there once this happens. I think the average # was 68mins.
my spermogramme result shows 180 millions as count and 50% activity after one hour and 40% activity after 3 hours,  is this normal? i am 30 years old
We watched a video on this today in class. Check it out I hope it helps.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/miracle/program_t.html

if the link doesn't work you can go to pbs.org and search sperm travel

It was very imformative :)
if u are undergo for the urine exam is that sure that the doctors will detected that im pregnant for 2 weeks