Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
spotting/cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

spotting/cramps

Hi...In August I started my period or so I thought. It lasted 2 days...just some spotting. I thought maybe I was pregnant though I didn't take a pregnancy test. I figured I would wait to see if I started my period in September. I started September 16th and it seemed more normal. I've had some cramping in which I would double over. That just started a couplle weeks ago. It is not constant. Could I be pregnant? I worry that it could be tubal pregnancy
Avatar dr f tn
Pregnancy is the commonest cause of irregular periods. If you have history of unprotected sex and are experiencing other symptoms of pregnancy like increased urinary frequency, sore breasts, nausea, vomiting then there are chances that you could be preganant.Irregular bleeding or spotting could be an indication of miscarriage or tubal pregnancy. Get your doubts clarified. Consult a gynecologist. A clinical examination, urine pregnancy test and ultrasound abdomen may be needed. Do keep us posted.
Take care and regards!