Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
stressed out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

stressed out

i had a tl 11 th may 2004 biggest mistake of my life i had no counselling i was 28 yrs old and did it out of fear of a natural labour due to a bad labour in 99 i pushed part of my bowel out and had piles the size of golf balls could nt pass a bowel motion or walk for 6 weeks ok got it lol anyway my point is i want a reversal and i dont think it will ever happen as it 10  to 15 thousand for a reversal free to tie them but
i think thats why doctors just tie anyone up so they get all that money from reversals ive look on sights there are hundreds and thousands of woman probly in the millions who regret it any way i found a doctor that will take the clips or for 1,800 but wont repair the damage to the tubes does anyone know if i could get pregnant this way or is it just a waste of money pain and time is the damage tooooo bad please let me here from someone imseeing the doc 2morrow???/?
First off let me tell you I am sorry to hear about your situation.  Some Doctors really make me mad the way they take advantage of scared people.
Your doctor should have understood your panic based on such a painful situtaion and made you think it over rather than rush into it!
I have not had a TL, but I know that many many woman have had them reversed and have become pregnant.
Try to stay calm during your meeting with your Doctor and take a list of your questions with a pen so that you make sure he answers all of your questions and insisit he explain himself if you get confused.
You are his patient and it is your RIGHT.  Good luck.
I had a turbal reversal Jan. 08, it cost $6000 up front and my insurance reinbursed me around $2800 of it.  I had to file it myself. I think you should talk to another dr. and get a second opinion, if you only have the clamp removed than your tubes may be damaged and if you get pregnant it can increase you chance of the pregnancy being etopic. I got pregnant in oct. 08 but the pregnancy ended in a mc at 6 week.  If i can be of more help just let me know.  good luck