Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
successful pregnancy after a miscarriage and an ectopic pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Could anyone shed some light about ectopic pregnancy?  I recently had an ectopic pregnancy as of May 2008.  My husband and I are going to try again in a couple of months.  My concern is another ectopic pregnancy.  Has anyone had a sucessful pregnancy after a miscarriage and an ectopic pregnancy.  It is a bit scary thinking that could happen again.  We are keeping it in God's hands and our hopes are high.  It would just be helpful to know that there are good possibilities that we will have a successful pregnancy.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Tags: Pregnancy
Hi :)

I know how hard this must be for you...but I can definitely sympathize since I was in your situation last year.

We had a miscarriage in Feb.07 and an ectopic in June07...my cycles were completely messed up after my ectopic, but we did get pregnant on our 4th cycle after the ectopic anyway.

I am currently 30w6d pregnant and everything is going great.

We were definitely worried for the first few months about all the things that could go wrong though...my first u/s was such a relief since we saw the baby was right where it should be and with a strong heartbeat.

Good luck and SSBD to you :)
Hello, I know just how you feel...I had an ectopic surgery on April 27, 2008 and have not had AF yet! Still waiting...I also lost my left tube which makes me even more crazy to worry about not getting preg again! I am now taking Prometrium to get me started with a cycle... I pray that it works. I am so sorry about your losses. Just keep faith! I am so hopeful to get to do it one more time! I'm thinking of you and sending good luck your way.
i have had two ectopic pregnancies in a space of 0ne and half years ,i have also lost half of my tube ,and so badly need to know if i will be able to concieve (conceive) again and what chance do i have of having a normal pregnancy.