Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
taking clomid please help !

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

taking clomid please help !

i have decided to start taking clomid and attempt naturally instead of doing iui. i will be on 150 mg of clomid from days 5-9.  after i take the clomid when should i start trying ?? also has anyone gotten pregnant doing it this way instead of doing clomid with insemination.
I know of several people who have conceived just on clomid.

How long are you cycle days normally?  Depending on that - I would start testing with OPK's around CD 10.  If you have a longer cycle, like 31 days, then start testing on CD 13 or 14.
my cycle days are always different . should i take the clomid days 5-9 and then get an ovulation kit > do you think that will work ??
150 mg can be rough. I felt like a crazy beast on that dosage. Isn't even make it through that dosage to be honest. I'll tell you what my dr told me when I was on that dosage. Be sure to try days 10-20 every other day. My new doc says that you can try every day & not necessarily eod.  My new dr has also taught me how to tell when I'm close to ovulating. I always had little punchy cramps round days 12-15 & thought it was cysts. He's not seen any since starting with him october & said that it was indicative of ovulation. He told me to try every day on the days that I felt those pinches. Just my personal experience. We're back on clomid 50 & IUI (11 do iui now) hope it all works out for you!
mrsgenca

Yes, I think that would work.  I usually ovulate later on clomid than without it.  So, I typically ovulate on CD 17 - but with clomid I've been ovulating on CD 20 or 21.  If the clomid makes you ovulate - on 150 mil you are more than likely going to know it is going on!  I mean - back aches, cramps...you should have it all.  If this is your first month your EWCM should still be good (after a few months it can dry it out).  I would start testing on CD 10, just to be safe.  You might have to buy 2 boxes this cycle.  I usually do, cause I don't want to miss it.  Once my cycle is over...I feel silly that I bought them because I knew when it was happening!

Good luck!
Hello everyone. I have been ttc 6 yrs without any luck and my dr. gave me clomid last month.  I finally got my . and will start clomid on cd 3-7.  I really hope I get pg on the 1st cycle!
I ordered clomid online without a prescription and I don't know when to start taking them.  My period Ended on the 2nd of this month. When do I start?
I just did a round of clomid.  it was only 50 but still.  the Dr told me that we should be trying to concieve (conceive) at a mimium of every other day from CD12-21  

Then I had to do a BT on CD24-26.   that BT showed my progestrone levels which were at 42... I went on thursday and got a possitive pregancy BT!  And since it was a fertility clinic they did another BT this morning to make sure everything was progressing well.   So I just wanted to let you know that it is possible.  

Good luck!
Oh i forgot... I took the clomid CD 3-7