Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
tender spot on breast.... very freaked out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I know I posted this in the infertility forum, but this is where I know and trust everyone.  As if I didn't have enough to worry about - I haven't gotten pg on 5 rounds of clomid, I may have more than PCOS, and I'm going to a new dr and a new OBGYN this week to get to the bottom of whether I really have pcos and why I've been sick 6 times since Jan, including strep, the flu, colds, mono, and a gastrointestinal infection.  I'm tired ALL the time and I'm only 31 years old.  I went to the dr 2 years ago w/the same complaint - why am I always getting sick?  And they did a test and said I had had mono sometime in the past so that must be it.  Well I got mono again, which is extremely rare on it's own, plus to get it at my age is rare too.  

Now.... starting about 2 days ago I got a little excited again (even though I'd pretty much ruled out getting pg this month cuz I had a cyst rupture) because I thought my breasts were tender.  Then I determined it was only one breast.  THEN I was wondering why sometimes it really hurt and sometimes it didn't, and I figured out it's because it is only sore in one spot.  Yesterday I could feel it if I touched it, or it was always there if I didn't have a bra on, because the weight of my breast either pulled on it or put pressure on it.  Today I can feel it at most times, even with a bra on.  It's on the right side, about halfway up the breast and under my arm, but it's not under my arm, it's about an inch into the actual breast (I'm a 36D) from where the breast starts on the side (following?) so it's definitely in the breast area.  I don't feel any lumps, it just feel like I got bruised there, but there's no bruise and I certainly don't remember any injuries (I think I would!) in that location.  I've kept a level head about everything so far, and tried not to get carried away wondering what's compromised my immune system and keeps making me sick, but this has me worried.  I'm at 14dpo, but like I said, I'm expecting af tomorrow (although I haven't gotten many cramps yet which is VERY unusual).  Does anyone have any experience with pain like this?  Could it just be something completely harmless like a swollen gland?  I know you have ones under your arms, but this is definitely in the breast tissue area, so I'm not sure that could be it.  Please let me know if you know anything!   My dr appt isn't until Thurs, so I've gotta wait til then to ask her about it.

P.S. - I've finally given up and decided we will stop TTC until I get my body straightened out.  Each month I assume I won't get sick again cuz I just got sick, and then I get sick.  I'll never get pg if I'm not healthy, and I don't want to compromise my health, much less my future baby's
If you are concerned about an issue such as breast cancer, please know that breast cancer does not hurt. In other words, if a person has breast cancer, they do not feel pain in their breast. Could be something hormonal or a possible breast infection. Check it out with your doctor.

Good luck,

Sue
I have had similar problems with my left breast.  It only lasted a day.  It was a strange sharp like pain, especially when I touched it.  My doc told me it was most likely a pulled muscle.  Have you done any heavy lifting?  You may not have felt it pull at the time but now it could be inflamed.
I had the same type of pain in my right breast. I got it about 5 years ago and could only really be felt if I didnt have a bra on or if I was leaning forward. Eventually a little lump started forming (visible to the eye, not deep inside the breast tissue), which looked like a grain of rice. I can actually feel it between my fingers, its pretty much right under the skin. I was so freaked out I went to the doctor and he kind of laughed at me - told me it was just a harmless cyst and he could remove it then and there if I wanted - aarghh, no thanks! But I didnt believe him so I went to 3 more different doctors who all told me the same thing. I've had it for 5 years now, and it has never changed (hasn't gone bigger or anything), only occasionally it hursts (a lot) from time to time. The pain was there for at least 3 or 4 months before the cyst actually formed. I know you must be freaking out, because I had totally convinced myself I had breast cancer, but I'm pretty sure that SueGre is right - breast cancer doesnt hurt. Although I would get it checked out if it hangs around for a while. In terms of your immune system; are you stressed lately? Are you getting enough sleep? Good luck.
the pain's been getting progressively worse over the last 3 days - now I feel it even wearing a bra.  I was just concerned because I didn't feel any kind of cyst, but my mom said when she was on hormones about 20 years ago, she got very small, very painful cysts in her breasts that were about the size of a pea, and they are fluid filled, so it's possible there's something in there under the tissue and it's so small I can't actually feel the cyst.  That made me feel better.  I'll get it checked out Thurs.
Let us know what the doc says.  I hope you are feeling less pain now.  Have you tried warm compresses on the area that is painful?  couldn't hurt.  keep us posted on how your doing.