Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
the first 2weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

the first 2weeks

what happen in the first tw weeks when the embro is inside of you
Avatar_dr_f_tn
The process of development begins on the day a woman’s egg is fertilized by a sperm which has penetrated it. The fertilized egg or zygote immediately begins to divide into 2 cells, then 4, then 8, and so on. After a few days the cluster of between 13 and 32 cells leave the fallopian tube and migrate into the uterus. This group of cells is called a blastocyst and the size has increased to hundreds of cells. By the eighth day after conception, the blastocyst attaches to the wall of the uterus by a process called implantation. After implantation till eight weeks the blastocyst is called an embryo. The length of embryo is about 1/100 of an inch at this time. This happens in the first two weeks. Do keep me posted.
Best wishes and regards!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Best wishes and regards!
Hello
On thursday it will be day 14 and we have to take a preg-test so I will keep you posted please pray for us.Yesterday I had some cramps can you please tell what was it.Thank you for answer it was helpful