Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
the pain of ribs caused by ovarian cyst?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I am wondering if i have ovarian cyst. The symptoms I have so far include breast tenderness, pain in ribs, very slight swelling and pain in lower abdomen, constantly feeling like having to pee.
But one thing that concerns me is this. I have pain in my right side of rib cage, but the swlling is on left side of abdomen. It this abnormal? and in fact, i am 17 now but i start my menstruaton early at about 11, is it commn for people at age of me to have ovarian cyst?
I had a moment of wondering if it is ovarian cancer, instead of ovarian cyst for I have had any diagnosis so far
Avatar_dr_f_tn
A complete history, clinical examination and work up are important for exact diagnosis and treatment of your symptoms. The symptoms being experienced by you may not be related to one single cause. Breast tenderness, pain in ribs can be due to any chest infection, muscle sprain or strain. Frequent urination and abdominal pain can be due to urinary tract infection, ovarian cysts or any abdominal cause. Ovarian cancer is usually seen in late age. A physical examination will be helpful. Investigations may be need based on the clinical examination findings. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause. I hope it helped.
Best luck and regards!