Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
to young for menopause?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

to young for menopause?

Hi everyone im new to this site, im hoping some can help me with this ongoing problem. I am 41 years old and Im in denial. Hopefully someone can give it to me straight. I have 4 grown kids from previous relationship. I am remarried to a wonderful who has no kids. We have been trying for years to get pregnant, so far 3 miscarraiges. Here is my denial, I went to doc because I was having irregular periods, he said i was going through menopause (shocked). I took blood test..FSH 104.7, LH 59.4, I had blood in my urine as well. test was done 3/11/11. This june would be a year without period( 2009-april 2011 my life has been an emotional roller coaster). What Im having problems with is right now I feel nauseated my boob feel tiny bit swollen..my right side is hurting (had a tubal pregnancy in 2007, removed my tube)Is this part of the process on menopause? Can these blood results change if my life is less stressfull?
i dont really know much info on menopause but i do know if you ask your mother when did she start hers, if you subtract 10 years this is when your fertility will start to decline. You will start around the same time your mother did, as will she after her mother. Hope this is a little help?
unfortunately; now; menopause is hitting women sooner than how it was before; in early 30's many are going through early menopause or they call it "premature ovarian failure". i myself am going through it. i am 33 and my right ovary is already sleeping from the last one year. its not active anymore. i am trying IVF for my first kid with one ovary.

it could be our eating habits; lifestyle; or hormones whatever; early menopause is common now :(

wish you good luck. try it again. it could work with better medicines and better treatments. they could bring down the levels and try.
It does sound a lot like you are. It sounds like you've been (or were) in perimenopause. It usually starts in your early 40's, sometimes even in your mid to late 30's. The normal signs of it are irregular periods, mood changes, bladder problems, etc. To my understanding, when you've gone a complete year without a period, perimenopause is over and you're officially menopausal.

I'm sorry, but your levels DO indicate that you're in menopause.
My mom went through menopause when she was 37 (right after she had me).  My sister went through it at 35.  I'm almost 33 and before we got pregnant (with IVF), I thought I might be going through it.  It's crazy how young the women in my family have gone through Menopause!  But just proof that it CAN happen at an earlier age!

Best of luck to you!d
Thanks ...i thought that maybe I ahd a lil chance that I might be able to concieve (conceive), due to the fact that my mom and grandma went through menopause in their late 50's. and my older sister is still having her periods. I thought I wasnt having my perionds due to high stress and the doctor said i had blood in my urine.  As of right now I feel as if my period is comming. my breast feel bruised and my cramps wont go away!!!!!  can stress cause blood test to be wrong....I just want to be sure...
I would imagine it's possible, but I also don't want to give false hope.  FSH levels above 50 are indicative of menopause. You have that, along with lack of cycles, you're at the proper age for it to start, and you show the signs. You could probably try to lower your stress and in a few months go back in for more testing.

Blood in your urine is more indicative of infection than anything else. Did you doctor check at all to see if you have one in your urinary tract or kidneys?
I went to the county clinic and I felt that because of no period and Fsh level he diagnosed me. I was trying to tell him about the blood in urine he said i had, he didnt seem to concerned. Clysta here goes the  truth: in 2007 i had a tubal pregnancy, which they took out my left tube, ovarys are still there) i havent been the same,including my periods. then I was diagnosed with PMDD and they wanted to put me on antidepresants, i declined, instead i started to smoke pot to alleveate my pain and anxiety. it took me 4 YEARS TO QUIT...I have been sober for a month, within this month it feels like my period is comming. I can feel all the aches and pains. can pot make my fsh levels above 50?
To that, I have no idea. I don't know much about drugs in general (I hardly know the slang terms for them, let alone what they do) but I would venture a guess and say no. It could be very possible however that it can. I know it messes a lot with your body.

You do however need to be looked at for the blood in your urine. If it is an infection, they're not fun at all to have. I just got over a kidney infection about a month ago, and it was so bad I was hospitalized and on IV fluids and medicine the entire time. I had bad dehydration and vomiting and..bleh. It was no fun at all.