trigger shot
I took my trigger shot 7 days ago, I did a pregnancy test today, came back positive. It is a false positive test?
I am not sure how long it takes for the shot to get out of your system! It might be a true but it might not! I would definitely ask your doctor!
I have read that it takes about 10 days for the drug to leave your system.

Why not wait a couple of more days and then test again? I wish you a BFP!! :))
Yes it takes 10 days for the trigger shot go get out of your system.
I would say you got your BFP!  I took one 3 days after my trigger and it was neg...  How much HCG did you take?
It depends. I have taken a trigger shot 3 times. One month I had a BFP 9 days after trigger that came a BFN by day 11. Next I had a BFN on day 11 but a BFP on day 12 and then a BFN again on day 13. How much you get out of your system varies. I would take the kind of test where you can see if the line gets darker or lighter (vs digital). Good luck.
You do not ovulate until 36-40 hours after a trigger so you were only 5-6 dpo, that is waaaay to early to test. I would test again in about 5 days. I hope it stays a BFP!!!
Did you do an IVF or IUI?
I found this on-line...

Q: Can I use an HPT if I had an hCG injection (such as Profasi, Pregnyl or Novarel)?

A: You can, but you should wait 7-14 days after your last injection before the shot is out of your system. If you test too soon, you might get a false positive. Wait 14 days after a 10,000 IU injection, 10 days after a 5,000 IU injection, or 7 days after a 2,500 IU injection.
That's helpful info, thanks Baby4me70!
I too took a test at 5dpiui and it was positive.  I had the Ovidrel shot.  I took the hpt to see if the shot had left my system yet and not to see if I was pregnant.  But, I also got a perverse little giggle out of actually seeing a "+" sign since I have NEVER had one with my husband in our 16 yrs of marriage.  I know it wasn't a true positive.

I was also following the decrease in hcg with OPK's.  I had a spike yesterday on the OPK around 10am.  Prior to that the OPK was neg.  After that 10am it was also neg but very slight line.  

I am going to purchase another couple of 3 pack pregnancy tests today and check to see if my "+" goes away.  That way on subsequent cycles I will know about which day the hcg trigger shot leaves MY body.  I am sure it is a little different for everyone.
okay.  I took another test yesterday and it had a very faint positive at 10dp trigger using the $store cheapie.  My hcg from trigger should have been about 12 which would be too low to show up if it were really negative.  I even took the test apart and looked at it and still saw a very faint pink line.  Today is 11dp trigger, 10 dp iui, and I didn't test but I am testing again in morning with fmu.  I am so nervous.  Could this really have worked - after 15 years of fertility?  The shot was Ovidrel and 6500u of HCG which would have put me at 12 u hcg.  The test shows positive at 25u hcg.  

What do you think?  I know only time will tell but on my last Ovidrel shot it was completely gone by 9dp trigger.

I am so nervous because we have been infertile for 16 years due to my dh zero sperm count but he had a varicocele surgery which brought him up to 25-40 million per ejac and then we found out that my fsh is going up.  I just turned 43.
I did my trigger shot on 2/12 Sunday had egg retrieval on 2/14 tue valentines day and transfered  2- 8 cell eggs FRI 2/17 10am took a HPT 2/17 Fri night I was going to test the trigger out of my system and I already had a BFN????? Any advice thoughts or has anyone else ever done this?