Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
trying for a baby and my ovlation tests are confushing HELP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

im 18 now trying for a baby the last couple of months ive been using ovulation tests kits to help find my fertile days i started useing them 3 days ofter my perioed i started using the test cause i havent long just got of the pill and i have always had unreallger peroieds the last couple of days ive been getting a light purple line next to the contorl line ive done 3 tests today to try and catch my fertile day but the last one i did about 10mins the line has got even lighter than what is has been the last 2 days but my issue is on the box the fracture/instuctions says the test line has to be as dark or even darker than the control line for it to be postive but i havent had a line as dark as the control line so ive been hoping for it to get darker but instead got lighter if i have sex within the next 12 hours can i still fall pregnant i be heart broken if not ive been doing all my research on how to help me please someone help best adive please xxx
You usually don't ovulate till approx 14 day before your next period, If you started testing 3 days after your period you are probably testing too early. Either keep testing or wait a week and I'm sure you'll get a positive then or close too. If your not sure approximately when you ovulate then I would keep testing once a day cause some women ovulate earlier or later. Keep trying and good luck to you!!
i came on my perioed 25th jan came off the 29th but i have been testing a couple of months what does the light purple line mean ? does it mean im near ovulation cause the line has started getting daarker and this is my 4th test today cause i really dont want to miss out and thanks xxx they all seem to be a light line not as dark then i had one were u cud hardly see the line and now this one ive just done and it back to how dark all the others have been im worrying over nothing but i suppose when you want a family and you try to max your changers you get more annoyed with ya self for missing that one change xxxx
As far as I know when the second line comes up faint it still means you are not ready to ovulate, that's what mine say anyways. Have you tried tracking your temp? Opks do not tell you if you are actually ovulating they just predict when your body is getting ready to. Do you know if you are ovulating for sure?
yes a couple months ago i had to get checked if i was ovulationing due to still not having luck they said to start trying ovulation test kits and that what ive been doing but this month is the first month tht i had 5 days on my perioed and the first time i have had another line come up on the test just hoping for a postive some time soon :)
i wud like to just let you know that i have been taking the test every day and today ive got 2 lines as dark as each other so i think it time for alot of baby making lol so happy xx