Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
trying to conceive after miscarriage
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

trying to conceive after miscarriage

My husband and I have been trying to conceive a third child for 11 months now. When our second baby was 9 months I got pregnant then miscarried at 8 weeks. It has now been another 5 months with no luck. We went to our doctor the other day to get some insight into what we could do differently or better to be successful and basically came home feeling stupid and that we wasted everyone's time. My cycles are very long and somewhat irregular, anywhere from 32 to 40 days. I've been charting my temperatures to check for ovulation (which our doctor said was a waste of time), we've been having sex every other night starting at around day 15 of my cycle through ovulation (the doctor said that was entirely too often, and just ridiculous to do) and I've been using ovulation predictor kits, but this past month never got an LH surge, although my temperatures said I did ovulate. Our doctor's best advice was to use OPKs and take the next month off (which seems a bit counterproductive to me as NOT trying to conceive doesn't seem like the best way to get pregnant). Besides changing doctors, anything else we should or could be doing to help?