Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
trying to conceive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

trying to conceive

I am 35, trying to conceive and currently living in Beijing. Two years ago I had a miscarriage. My husband and I have been trying to conceive ever since. I have very light periods that last 2-3 days. And I have suspected endometriosis with a mass growing between my bladder and cervix. I have had this mass since two years and it is not growing. My periods and the days after my periods are extremelly painful, especially when my bladder is full or when I need to urinate.

I have found a fertility specialist and he has prescribed the following drugs. On days 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 I need to take 1T/day of Letrozole (to stimulate folicle growth). From day 8 onwards 2T/day of Progynova (to ensure thickening of my uteral lining) and from the 3rd day after ovulation, I need to take Duphaston. I can tolerate Letrozole and Duphaston without any problems. But Progynova gives me horrible side effects: dizziness, extreme low energy level and anxiety attacks (never had anxiety before). I was just wondering if Progynova can indeed give these side effects and if there are any other drugs that can stimulate the thickening of my uteral lining.
Hi.  I just wanted to let you know that a natural enhancer of the uterus is raspberry-leaf tea.  It aids in making the uterus healthy & strong.  I've been having raspberry-tea, homemade, or from Circle K*, or restaurants/fast food/any, for many yrs, now, and my uterus is beautiful according to my Dr.  

Just a note on natural assistance.  O:-)

~SSBD2A~
I'm not familiar with Progynova (it probably has a different name here in the US), but based on when you're taking it and the fact that it will help build your lining, I'm pretty sure it's an estrogen supplement. I haven't heard anyone else mention dizziness from estrogen (although it's not uncommon to feel dizzy from progesterone), and I also haven't heard anyone mention anxiety attacks before. I would probably bring that up with your doctor and see what he/she says.

So have you had problems with a thin uterine lining in the past? I did several cycles on letrozole (femara), and never had to use estrogen. If the estrogen supplement is just given as a precaution, I would have them check to see if you actually need it...and if it's not necessary, just skip it.

Best of luck to you!

you can look for Natural Progesterone cream.  Its natural progesterone, and not as strong as the progynova.  I used it for months with very few side effects (tender breasts, increased appetite).
Oh wow! Progynova is a progesterone supplement??? If so, it should NOT be taken until AFTER ovulation, as it can actually prevent the egg form releasing. Just FYI...
Progynova is an estrogen supplement. It is generally given to women in their menopauze. I have very thin lining in my  uterus, too thin for a fertilized egg to attach itself to. I did start taking the red raspberry leaf tablets to build up healthier reproductive organs.

I do appreciate all your advice and insights. I have stopped taking the Progynova since my dizziness and anxiety (these side effects are also discussed in the leaflet) make it too difficult to function in my job. I have an appointment with my fertility specialist on Tuesday, so let's see what he has to say. I'll let you all know...

Have a wonderful Sunday!