Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
trying to conceive...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

trying to conceive...

my husband and i have been trying to conceive since i had a miscarriage almost three years ago, but no luck yet... i'm 25 and have had irregular cycles since i was about 16... within the past few months it's somewhat started to even out again, but for years i would have my period for nearly two weeks at a time with a break of only about five to seven days before i would start again... talk about miserable... i was put on birth control for six months to regulate my cycle which helped, and shortly after i stopped taking them is when i got pregnant... after the miscarriage i gained quite a bit of weight which i know can be a contributing factor to difficulties with conception and i've began to work on that... just wondering if anyone else is going through a similar situation... trying to conceive and failing time after time can be an extremely frustrating and lonely road... it would be great to be in contact with someone who can relate to me and vice versa...
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
What was the cause of your miscarriage? A regular period is an indication of a woman’s fertility. Irregular periods can itself lead to difficulty in conceiving. Hormonal fluctuations, ovulation dysfunction and thyroid disorders are few common causes of irregular periods which can also lead to difficulty in conceiving.Obesity, smoking and alcohol ingestion all can affect fertility and cause difficulty in conception. It is best to get evaluated for above mentioned possibilities. See a gynecologist. Early diagnosis and treatment will help. Do keep me posted.
Best wishes and kind regards!