Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
trying to get pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

trying to get pregnant

I have pcos and have been taking metformin clomid and provera prescribed by my doctor. Ive been on the drugs for three months but still no sign of pregnancy. plss advice me
y u taking all 3 they all do same job
My doctor had me take provera to start my period then had me stop and just take metformin. If it doesn't work THEN ima be on clomid. But I feel ur frustration :/ 2 months still nothing :(
what do u think is the appropriate combination im suppose to take .plss advice
Try d-chiro inositol. It's a specific form of vitamin B8. Recent studies (I'm sorry I don't have the link, but google them) have shown that the insulin resistance in PCOS women may be partly due to their bodies' excessive flushing of d-chiro inositol. DCI, from what I understand, is a messenger to trigger the body to release the right amounts of insulin at the right time.  

Anyway, for what it's worth, my last period was in May. I've been taking metformin since October 14. I read about d-chiro and figured it couldn't hurt, so I added that on Nov 15th. Today is Dec. 6th and I finally got my period. I don't know whether it was one or the combination, but I am so relieved to see light at the end of this tunnel.  Good luck!