Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
ttc after getting a fallopian tube removed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

here is my story, i was diagnosed with having an ectopic pregnancy, i received a methotrexate shot two times to end the pregnancy, 4 weeks after the shot i had to have emergency surgery, my right fallopian tube ruptured and it was removed. so my question is, how long should i wait before i try again? and has anyone gotten pregnant right away after having surgery to remove a fallopian tube after an ectopic?
My story is very similar to yours.. the only difference was my right tube was removed one week after the second methotrexate shot...  If I remember correctly my tube was removed in March 07 and I got a positive pregnancy test in June 07 and my son was born Feb 08..  I am now pg again..  

When I lost my tube several people that I work with told me they only had one tube and had concieved their children that way.. So don't give up.. you still have very good chances of getting pregnant..  
thanks! i was just curious. i just want to have at least one successful pregnancy, this last one was my 4th pregnancy. i have had 2 miscarriages and 2 ectopics, i am just really starting to think that i am never going to have a baby.

also congrats on your pregnancy!!
I to have had a bad time with pg. I've been pg 3 times and all bad. my first was spina bifida she had no spine from her heart down. My second one was I received he shot for MMR and didn't know I was pg so i lost that one as well. Well my third feeling really good about it was ecptopic and had to have emergency surgery and lost my left tube that was in may of this year. We are trying again but no luck yet. I feel your pain about thinking if your ever gonna have a baby. So keep trying. Never give up on something that holds dear to your heart. I have a friend that said she lost one of her tubes and ended up having 3 after wards. So with God all things are possible. GOOD LUCK!