Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
tubal clamp removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

tubal clamp removal

Does anyone know where in WA OR or CA i can get reversal by clamps at very affordable cost.
I regret getting them clamped not cut just clamps on them I am wanting another child.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi and hope you are doing well,
Tubal ligation reversal can be done by surgery but is an extensive procedure and should be done by a good surgeon. The success of tubal reanastomosis or tubal reversal depends on many factors such as the length and health of the remaining fallopian tube segments to be rejoined, skill of the microsurgeon, the woman's age at the time of reversal surgery, method of tubal sterilization etc.Few other factors which may affect conception are presence of scar tissue in the pelvis, the sperm test results of the partner and other infertility factors. The best candidate for this procedure are patients with no medical contraindications to pregnancy, have adequate tubal segments and partner's sperm analysis is normal .In tubal reversal surgery the blockage from tubes are removed and reanastomosis is done.
The outcome of this surgery depends on the procedure used in tubal ligation and other associated medical conditions of the patient. You should discuss the pros and cons of this surgery with your gynecologist.Do consult a doctor for an experienced gynecologist doing these surgeries. This is merely an advice and not a substitute for clinical examination. For more queries and assistance visit a doctor. I sincerely hope it helps.