Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
tubal ligation clip migration

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

tubal ligation clip migration

Is it common for a tubal ligation clip to migrate UP the body?
Should I be concerned that a clip has been found under my pancrious and not on my left tube where it should be?
What would have made this clip move ?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
It is a matter of concern that the clip for tubal ligation has migrated. This misplaced clip may invite adhesions and cause intra-abdominal complications. Removal of the clip from the abdomen should be considered. Consult your Doctor. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
I have consulted a surgeon and am a waiting list at the hospital to have it removed. My concern is: during the waiting time no one seems to be able to tell me if the clip has stopped moving and I have been told to take it easy to avoid doing anything that may cause the clip to move. I am curious to hear about any other cases where the clips have migrated UP the body as the surgeon and gp have not heard of it before and cant explain to me how this would have happened.
Thanks for you previous reply
Cath