Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
update from cord accident

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

update from cord accident

Hi Ladies,
    I'm now almost 3 weeks past the worst day of my life...delivering my dead 19 week old son who died from a cord accident.  Cord was wrapped twice TIGHTLY around his neck.  Got the genetic testing back...everything came back normal which means that he was a healthy boy and this was a freak accident.
  I already have one DD.  We've been trying for our second.  I know that a cord accident is rare but screw statistics now.  Do ANY of you have stories (positive ones I hope) of girls who've lost their babies due to cord accidents and went on to have a normal pregnancy next??? I want to try again, maybe next month, but I'm scared now...I know that this was rare but my mind is telling me differently.
I think I already told you this, but I worked with a nurse who lost her first child at 35 weeks from a cord accident, and has since had 2 healthy, uncomplicated pregnancies.  

Its normal to be scared.  It just takes time before you grieve and are finally ready to try again.  
Thanks for the comment...I need to really hear these stories...it's hard for me to understand how this is so rare yet it happened to us:(  Thanks again.
I cannot fathom what you are going thru. I am so sorry. On a positive note though, my aunt had a cord accident at 35 weeks as well and went on to have another healthy baby boy the next year!

Bless you!!
I do not have a personal story about anyone with cord accidents but I did post under your post before this one about an interesting book I am reading. I went through 2 early miscarriages last year and we are trying again...no luck yet, but I am still nervous about it. I think it's only natural to be but if we don't try we'll never experience the joy of another child. let me know if you don't find the last post about the book. good luck to you
A very good friend of mine lost her daughter due to a cord accident the day before her scheduled c-section .  She went on to have 2 health sons.  Good luck.
Hi hon.  I see that you keep posting questions about the cord accident.  I am so, so sorry for your loss.  I hope all these positive stories are helping.  I just wanted to say that I am glad you are asking questions and posting and talking about your baby.  That is what these boards are for.  I think the more you talk about it the healthier it is, and I hope it is helping you.  that is more pain than anyone should have to bear alone.  Good luck to you if you decide to try again.  I am sure you will be a great mom....

Love,
G
Not sure what kind of story you'r looking for -- that is it's cord accident   I had a girlfriend who went on to deliver a liveborn and the baby was very sicka nd needed a liver transplant.  She and her husband went through hell.  The baby, in it's lifetime came home from hospital for about a week, in her lifetime.  They got the transplant for the baby, but the baby still didn't make it.   She is one of the strongest people I know.   Her story is a tradegy.  Imagine, seeing your child suffer like that for six months.  In any event, she went on to conceive another child very soon after that.   The child is now 12 or so.

I'm sorry for your baby's death.    But you know now that your baby was healthy.    This won't happen again to you.