Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
use preseed before iui

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

use preseed before iui

Hi. I really need some advice. We have had 3 failed iuis. i am on 100mg clomid  which makes me very dry - almost no cm. Should have an iui next week.Decided to use preseed this time. Should I use it before the iui and how soon? One hour before, the day before? Pls help, somebody!
You might want to check into this more. I'm not sure that preseed will help with iui. With iui they wash the sperm and put it through your cervix with a catheter and directly into the uterus. I believe that preseed helps the sperm stay alive outside your cervix until it can swim in through the cervical canal, but with iui you are bypassing that step. With regular bd, the semen that the sperm arrive in does not go through the cervical canal into the uterus, and I don't think the preseed does either. From what I understand they wash the sperm before iui because it causes severe cramping if semen gets into your uterus. I would guess that you don't want preseed going in there, either. You might want to ask your doctor because it might not be good to put preseed in before the procedure. Good luck! SSBD
Hi there.  PreSeed will definitely not help with IUI, it is designed o help with regular intercourse by helping your DH's swimmers make it to the uterus.  With IUI - the washed sperm is put directly into the uterus - so it doesnt matter if you have no cervical fluid.

BeeHappy is right - Dont put anything in there before IUI.  The RE will look after everything for you.  All you need to do is show up!

Best of luck next week!

g
Thanks for your comments and help.