Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
uterus didelphys and pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

uterus didelphys and pregnancy

Hey :) I was diagnosed with uterus didelphys ,so I have two cervixes and a septum which has to be removed in march, Because I wont be able to have a virginal birth otherwize which i would like. I was just wondering if anyone with uterus didelphys has had trouble conceiving? And how your pregnancies’ went and births?
I am pregnant for a second time. I was diagnosed with UD my first year in college during a routine pap. I had my first baby at 27 y/o. She was five weeks early, weighted only 2 lbs, 6 oz, but was perfectly healthy.

My doctors were fastidious throughout the pregnancy . I began prophylactic steroid shots at 26 weeks (I think, but don't remember exactly) to develop her lungs and brain in case she was very early. They also sent me to a specialist who had me come in for an ultra sound every week. At 35 weeks my amniotic fluid was low. The doctors induced labor, but after a few hours my baby's heart rate dropped to scary levels. I ended up having a c-section.

My baby was only in the hospital for two weeks, because the doctors couldn't justify keeping her, medically speaking. I took her home weighing 2 lbs, 15 oz. She made history at the hospital as the smallest baby to be released.

After I got her home I begged my insurance co. to pay for RSV (a respiratory virus common and detrimental to premature infants) shots, and they finally did. She is a healthy, smart, and beautiful nine year-old girl today.

As for this pregnancy, my husband and I stopped using birth control over a year ago and just now became pregnant (I am 6 weeks along). We didn't use ovulation testing or worry about it too much, since we already have one healthy child, but you might want to try some ovulation tracking kits.

Many women with UD have delivered vaginally. Did your doctors tell you that you wouldn't be able to, or are you assuming?

I wish you the best of luck.Try not to worry, but make sure your doctors are on top of things.

KNC
i was diagnosed with ud @ the age of 17 im now 23 and have 3 perfectly healthy kids i 2 have a ceptum, but i never had a problem delivering vaginally or getting prego, did they say y the septum was causing u problems? i find it interseting that dox r telling ppl they have to remove the septum, like i said i had all 3 of my kids vaginally
I have uterine dydelphis and pcos. At first my RE said I have a heart shaped uterus, but when I had ectopic pg with clomid, my tube ruptured and then it was discoved that I have 2 cervix, 2 uterus. that ruptured tube had to be removed, it was connected to the cervix at the normal place so was the best to get pg, but because of pcos, I was not able to conceive. the other uterus is with the cervix located in the wall of vagina and it very crooked. I had MRI to show all this. I had IUI, but again since the tube was so crooked, maybe the sperm gets damanged or who knew what the issue was. Anyway, we did IVF, fresh cycle did not take, 1st frozen did not either. Then I took abreak and had accupuncture and diet control, concieved with FET, have twin girls. My girls had no problem with having enough room to grow. My uterus expanded well. My girls were head down since 20wks, but had to have c-sec because 1 started having low heart rate with every push I did. I was off work from 20wks, then bed rest from 26wks. Carried my girls 1 day short of 38wks. They were 5.4 and 5.1lb, healthy babies.
i was diagnosed pcos at 18 and told i was infertile. when i was 26 i found out i was pregnant. i had bleeding at 6weeks and that is when they dicovered i had uterus didelphys with complete duplication. i was preg in the right uterus and they suspect miscarriage in the left.

i had a good pregnancy. the only complication i had was my daughter was very small. she stopped growing at 32 weeks so the did a c section at 38 1/2 weeks. she was just shy of 6lbs. no problems since.

i had my septum removed a few months back as it was very thick and didnt allow enough room for vaginal delivery.

was not a pleasant operation but the changes for me since than have been amazing!!!!
would def do it again if i had too.

makes life a lot easier.

good luck and i hope you have success