Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
virginal infections

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

virginal infections

hey doc,i have consulted 2 doctors already,but none of them have given me any effective solutions.....i have had this smelly discharge for months now.i went to my first doctor back home,she gave me anti-biotics,told me to finish them and that they would clear my infection.if they didny,i should go back to her so she could arrange a papsmear for me.i took the medication and finished it,while i was on it,i was fine.Soon after i finished my medication,i went on my periods,when i finished,the smell and discharge came back .Went and consulted another doctor,who then diagnosed this as an infection caused by tampons.at the time this made alot of sense,i have since stopped using them..my problem now again is that i have since gone on my period,and the smell is back,although this time it is not as pungent as it was before,and the discharge is not as thick and creamy asit used to be..now it is just watery and here is alot of it all the time!!!!im afraid this may deteriorate and cause things like infertility and cervical cancer in the long run,please help!
Hi Soulsta,

Sorry about your problem but this is not the doctor's forum.  But from my personal experience it sounds like you may have had Bacterial Vaginosis (BV). That infection can reoccur for unexplained reasons.  If you were using scented tampons that can cause a problem.  Have you looked at other things like your detergent, bath gels, soaps or thongs? These can all cause allergic reactions like BV.  Also, when you're taking antibiotics you are more susceptible to yeast infections.  So why don't you call your doctor (again) and explain all of your symptoms and ask about whether or not you could have a yeast infection.  Also, if you've normally had the vaginal creme medicine maybe you can try the oral (or vice versa).  Metrogel never seemed to help for me and I think the name of it was Clindamycin that really helped me.  Once again, this is not the doctor's forum so maybe you can post your question over there also.

I hope this helped at least a little.

Good luck!

Trish