Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
wanting to have baby soon

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

wanting to have baby soon

Hi I'm really getting confused. I want to have baby, I'm desperate.. After ultrasound we found out that i doesnt really have any problems with my ovaries its just that my uterine wall is slightly thick due to irregular menses.i just finished my 4th month of althea and hopefully this will help us.we are trying for almost 2 yrs and no luck for us. Is it because of my uterus why i cant get pregnant or is there any possible reasons? pls help me
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
It may be difficult to detect the exact cause of your symptoms without a complete medical history, clnincal examination and work up. Althea is usually prescribed in irregular menses. The chances of conceiving after taking althea vary in every woman. Ovulation disorders, thyroid disorders, stress, eating disorders all can affect your periods and influence fertility. You and your husband may need evaluation. A complete medical examination and tests may provide some information. A basic scan, hormonal assay and thyroid tests and semen analysis of your husband may help. Do schedule an appointment with an infertility expert soon. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!